FLIP CHANGE?
1 1

36 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2021 at 8:34 PM, micky 8 said:

Is csg going to change the flip? Is csg gonna change the green? if there is a change can existing slabs get sent back? Is the slab design gonna change along with the flip? curious to hear csg clients opinions not just csg haters on youtube 

What is this in reference to? Have you read somewhere that they are changing the label? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 11:27 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

What is this in reference to? Have you read somewhere that they are changing the label? 

they sent out a survey about changing the flip and someone had a reference for it on youtube saying that they are definantly making a change, I like the green i even started buying green refractors and green teams to match csg maybe a black boarder to condense the flip a little but hoping nothing too drastic but thats just me lots of people not digging the flip apparently people dont like green which i think is BS they just dont like change psa's bright flouresant red doesnt match any cards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 8:45 PM, micky 8 said:

they sent out a survey about changing the flip and someone had a reference for it on youtube saying that they are definantly making a change, I like the green i even started buying green refractors and green teams to match csg maybe a black boarder to condense the flip a little but hoping nothing too drastic but thats just me lots of people not digging the flip apparently people dont like green which i think is BS they just dont like change psa's bright flouresant red doesnt match any cards 

I really hope they let customers know ahead of time and give us an option if we already have cards in the queue. I pc Soto and have also been buying and submitting green refractors since they look so good against the green slab.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2021 at 11:47 AM, jsrva said:

I really hope they let customers know ahead of time and give us an option if we already have cards in the queue. I pc Soto and have also been buying and submitting green refractors since they look so good against the green slab.

i doubt they would change the green its all there marketing, there logo, this webpage everything csg is green, i hope i didnt buy a bunch of green cards for nothing ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 11:27 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

What is this in reference to? Have you read somewhere that they are changing the label? 

I seen youtube vid guy said he went to a grader trade show thing and you ask the company reps questions, The rep for csg said they are def changing the flip they are using focus groups and its taking a little because they want to get it right. It could be in one month or in 6 monthes but its happening, Also said there could be a grading or scale change too I guess there rolling that around too, I doubt there gonna keep the green sounds like there going for a big change and hoping it will be a hit, will see, guy also said if ya have older slabs gonna have to send in to change the flip for a small fee.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2022 at 3:12 PM, jwhauser said:

Some people think this is the new label color combination. Looks nice but just rumors as of now. 

2CA9DD51-045D-4552-8D41-687C354845FA.jpeg

yeah maybe slowly introducing the new colors seeing how people respond will see i personally dont mind the green a border would be nice tho 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 5:48 PM, JohnBurke said:

I honestly love the current labels. Green = sports. And they are super clean

i do to, green goes with most cards maybe a border to appeal to more collectors but i like the flip and slabs, im hoping they keep some green and dont totally change it the slab and flip is just starting to grow on the hobby

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forget YouTubers, half of what they say is wrong and the other half is just hyperbole and extreme opinions for clicks.  Most of them aren't worth listening to.  The green is CSG's brand and if they're smart, they'll stick with it and brand the heck out of it. I think it looks great! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, Jee Su Chang said:

Personally don't mind the label but can't ignore the haters as resale prices are reflecting that. I see HGA cards slabs sell for more than CSG on eBay and that makes no sense other than people must want those labels.

I personally think it's ridiculous that people care so much about the slab label as it's the card that actually matters. PSA labels are boring, Beckett labels are ugly, and SGC labels are bland. However, your point about HGA is an excellent one and shouldn't be overlooked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally think the current label is great! I don't mind the green one bit and think the font they used seems way superior then what anyone else is using. I was at a card show and the rep did mention that they were working on a new flip label. So I guess that is what it is. There has to be concern that CSG is grading at a grade level that isn't consistent with the rest of the industry. Just look at the pop reports and compare to the other companies. A lot of people aren't going to to keep submitting if CSG's barrier to a 10 is way too tough. I personally think that this is CSG's biggest issue they need to address to ensure of their long term staying power. People will come around to the label. However, if the barrier to a 10 stays as strict as it is many pre-screeners and submitters are going to choose other grading companies to protect investments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2022 at 5:46 PM, Chase Knight said:

I personally think the current label is great! I don't mind the green one bit and think the font they used seems way superior then what anyone else is using. I was at a card show and the rep did mention that they were working on a new flip label. So I guess that is what it is. There has to be concern that CSG is grading at a grade level that isn't consistent with the rest of the industry. Just look at the pop reports and compare to the other companies. A lot of people aren't going to to keep submitting if CSG's barrier to a 10 is way too tough. I personally think that this is CSG's biggest issue they need to address to ensure of their long term staying power. People will come around to the label. However, if the barrier to a 10 stays as strict as it is many pre-screeners and submitters are going to choose other grading companies to protect investments.

its not so much a barrier to a 10, a 9.5 is gem mint I think your saying the grading scale in general is the issue, Csg gem rates for moderns arent that much different to PSA slightly lower but nothing crazy, I guess the question is, Is a 9.5 gem mint going to be sustainable in the hobby? In 5 years will collectors pay the same for 9.5 gem as another companies 10 gem mint? Is the number 10 that important to the hobby? I think we can all agree a csg 10pristine or perfect will have no trouble with getting value but will the 9.5 gem grade work out for csg? I dont know man 😂 I think the sgc scale would have worked out better for csg, explaining to buyers the 9.5 is a gem is an uphill battle for csg sellers, I guess we will find out its a good scale for buyers looking for sharp cards but def not great for sellers/ flippers, The sgc scale with subs, csg prices and crystal clear slabs would probably be a homerun 🤷‍♂️ will see, I dig the green too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2022 at 3:38 PM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

I personally think it's ridiculous that people care so much about the slab label as it's the card that actually matters. PSA labels are boring, Beckett labels are ugly, and SGC labels are bland. However, your point about HGA is an excellent one and shouldn't be overlooked.

idk man ya spend a ton of money on card dont ya want it in a slab thats easy on the eyes, lots of csg collectors buy green refractors to match and even if it dont matter to you it might matter to someone your trying to sell to if ya sell a flip change could help ya sell a card, it is crazy tho that its peoples big gripe wit csg, csg flip is as good as any psa bright red doesnt match anything 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And there's the reveal!

I don't love it but I don't hate it. I appreciate them offering $5 reholder for a few months. Might send in some existing slabs with heavy amounts of gold or black in the card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2022 at 12:35 PM, jsrva said:

And there's the reveal!

I don't love it but I don't hate it. I appreciate them offering $5 reholder for a few months. Might send in some existing slabs with heavy amounts of gold or black in the card.

To me, the appeal of the slab is the clarity and the feel of it in my hand. I didn't hate the green, but didn't love it.  I like the look of the new slabs.  A bit disappointed no more subs on lower than 10, but I understand the change.

Overall I think it's a good move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2022 at 12:18 PM, Jee Su Chang said:

I am curious with the new scale, when you reholder existing 9.5s, will they become 10s automatically since that is now Gem mint?

I posted this question in the Ask CSG forum. Waiting for them to review it and post a response here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2022 at 1:18 PM, Jee Su Chang said:

I am curious with the new scale, when you reholder existing 9.5s, will they become 10s automatically since that is now Gem mint?

good question!!! a gem mint is a gem mint i would assume all 9.5's will be gem 10's 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1