• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to get Turnaround Times nailed down a little more accurately

96 posts in this topic

I know times are going to vary for the different tiers but I'm mainly asking about bulk for now.

For example, they're saying it's 124 (business) days right now for bulk, but I have 3 orders they received in the mail (the day the turnaround time starts), all on May 27th, and one of the three bulk orders JUST got into grading today, the 132nd business day since they received them. If all else plays out like my previous orders, the cards will be in G/EI + Finalization for anywhere from 2-4 weeks, which would put their TAT closer to 150 than 124. I'm not concerned about the "Received By" date bc that doesn't seem to affect the TAT at all. I think that is more for CSG's own records in terms of when they enter the order into the system. 

Can anyone else provide the following:

1) Day CSG received your order in the mail

2) Day the same order went into grading

3) Day the same order moved to Finalization 

4) Day the same order was shipped

So for my first bulk order being graded right now:

1) CSG received the order May 27th
2) CSG put them into grading on Dec 8th
3) They are yet to reach finalization
4) They are yet to ship

I'd like to keep a rolling log of this just so we can see what the TATs are, even if it's just a little bit more accurately.

*And to be clear, this is not a thread to come in here and whine about the TATs*. I kindly ask that you go make your own thread to do that please. TATs are simply estimates and I fully realize that. This is simply to see what the actual TATs are. Thank you in advance.  

On 12/14/2021 at 1:46 PM, Cardsharp1 said:

Sent in economy sub. Received 10/21. Shipped 12/13, I'm not unhappy with that at all.

When was the package marked as delivered to CSG? Thank you. 

Their turnaround times start when they get your package in the mail, not when they are marked as received. That's why I'm asking for dates that your package was delivered to their facility.  

1) Day CSG received your order in the mail  -  3 Bulk Submissions all delivered 6/25/21 -

All 3 Received by CSG on 9/13/21

2) Day the same order went into grading     -  2 of the bulk submissions went to G/E/I  12/13/21

the 3rd submission just went to G/E/I  12/27/21

3) Day the same order moved to Finalization  -  TBD

4) Day the same order was shipped  -  TBD

On 12/29/2021 at 1:38 PM, stergeon said:

BULK

Delivered to CSG: 04/30 (Checked into system 7/26)
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 10/25
Quality Control: Exact date unknown (around two weeks ago..call it 12/13)
Shipped: 12/28

2 months in G/E/I??

Ugh, that is rough. 

In my opinion they need another level to indicate they have moved into the shipping room but aren't being graded yet, bc there's no way it takes literally two months to grade an order. 

It's my thought that they are sent out of receiving and into the grading room but probably sit on the grader's desk until they can get to them bc I don't know what else would explain 2 MONTHS in G/E/I. 

I'm at a month solid on the 8th of this month for one of my orders and about three weeks on 3 more. So I'm assuming another month on those based on your post. Sheesh. 

On 12/29/2021 at 11:34 AM, kypackman said:

1) Day CSG received your order in the mail  -  3 Bulk Submissions all delivered 6/25/21 -

All 3 Received by CSG on 9/13/21

2) Day the same order went into grading     -  2 of the bulk submissions went to G/E/I  12/13/21

the 3rd submission just went to G/E/I  12/27/21

3) Day the same order moved to Finalization  -  TBD

4) Day the same order was shipped  -  TBD

Thank you so much for this!

On 12/15/2021 at 6:50 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

I have another bulk order to report:

Bulk Order:

Delivered to CSG: 05/27/21 
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 12/14/21
Quality Control: TBD
Shipped: TBD

I have another bulk order to report:

Bulk Order:

Delivered to CSG: 05/27/21 
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 12/14/21
Quality Control: didn't write it down (sorry)
Shipped: 01/19/22

I had 4 bulk orders totaling 206 cards that I sent in all within a few weeks of each other that were all well within the 165 days listed for bulk. From the day they received the packages the longest one was 152 days or right around eight months, which I wasn't in a rush to get any of these back anyways. 

Just wanted to add this. 

First bulk order of 50 cards  

1) Order shipped by me:  08/20/2021  (CSG/CC charged 23% of total/membership)
2) CSG received order :  09/20/2021
3) CSG put into grading :  01/13/2022  (CSG/CC charged remainder)
4) Quality Control    :  TBD
5) Shipped            :  TBD

First Standard order of 8 cards

1) Order shipped by me:  01/10/2022   
2) CSG received order :  01/13/2022
3) CSG put in grading :  TBD
4) Quality Control    :  TBD
5) Shipped            :  TBD

How about this...

Standard submission received  1/20 

Economy submission received  1/20

The ECONOMY submission shipped  1/28.    That's right.   60 day lead time and it shipped in 8 days.   

The Standard submission is still in G/E/I.   

Not sure how my Economy order jumped ahead of the Standard but not complaining.   

On 1/28/2022 at 9:35 AM, kypackman said:

How about this...

Standard submission received  1/20 

Economy submission received  1/20

The ECONOMY submission shipped  1/28.    That's right.   60 day lead time and it shipped in 8 days.   

The Standard submission is still in G/E/I.   

Not sure how my Economy order jumped ahead of the Standard but not complaining.   

That is so odd. 

I talked to a rep on the phone yesterday and she told me that by far the most back ups are occurring in encapsulation. Apparently the cards themselves (for bulk orders) are being graded within two months, but will sometimes sit in a queue 4-6 months waiting to be encapsulated. 

Especially if their business continues to grow with the partnership with eBay + Fanatics, I don't see why purchasing more encapsulation machines wouldn't be priority number one, like, yesterday.