• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to get Turnaround Times nailed down a little more accurately

96 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2022 at 9:43 AM, The_Reverend2831694433746 said:

Question: once a submission hits grading/encapsulated stage, how long does it take for it to move to the next stage usually. I had one enter that stage 04/05. 

It just depends on how many are in front of you. There is no set length to move from one stage to the next. 

If more people responded to this thread with their turnaround times we could get more data to answer your question more accurately, but as of now these message boards are underused. 

On 4/6/2022 at 11:52 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

It just depends on how many are in front of you. There is no set length to move from one stage to the next. 

If more people responded to this thread with their turnaround times we could get more data to answer your question more accurately, but as of now these message boards are underused. 

That is unfortunate. I am hoping I get some solid grades for my Kirill PC

09FF36CA-110B-4F0A-BD79-F93FFCCE285E.jpeg

I've been very impressed with how quickly my last bulk submission has been moving.  Again, very impressed with CSG and their response to customer feedback.

Shipped 3/3

Received:  3/21

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging:  3/28 or 29

Grading/Quality Control:   4/7

Quality Control/Finalized

Shipped:

On 4/7/2022 at 12:24 PM, jwhauser said:

I've been very impressed with how quickly my last bulk submission has been moving.  Again, very impressed with CSG and their response to customer feedback.

Shipped 3/3

Shipped:

Jumped to shipped about 20 minutes after I posted this.  My 9.5 or higher rate percentage stayed about the same even with the new grading scale.  I pre-screen my cards and don't send anything in that doesn't have a chance to gem (with the exception of a few vintage or rare PC cards).  100 cards submitted, 14=10s and 33=9.5s.  No pristine but figured they would be nearly impossible.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:24 PM, jwhauser said:

Shipped 3/3

Shipped:

Have a similar one to yours

Received:  3/18

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging:  3/30

Grading/Quality Control:   4/6

Shipped:

Hoping mine ships soon as well!

On 4/7/2022 at 1:28 PM, jwhauser said:

Jumped to shipped about 20 minutes after I posted this.  My 9.5 or higher rate percentage stayed about the same even with the new grading scale.  I pre-screen my cards and don't send anything in that doesn't have a chance to gem (with the exception of a few vintage or rare PC cards).  100 cards submitted, 14=10s and 33=9.5s.  No pristine but figured they would be nearly impossible.

May have spoke too soon.  I've checked out a few of the pictures but now the status reverted back to "Grading/Quality Control".  I will keep you posted.

On 4/7/2022 at 2:39 PM, jwhauser said:

May have spoke too soon.  I've checked out a few of the pictures but now the status reverted back to "Grading/Quality Control".  I will keep you posted.

Same thing just happened to mine, but strange thing is I am able to click on the Grading/Quality Control and it shows me a USPS tracking number. Hopefully it means it will ship Friday! 

Hi All.

I sent a small Economy Sub from the UK. Dates:

Shipped: 4th April

Received: 6th April

Scheduled for Grading: 7th April

In Grading: 8th April

Grading Quality Control:11th April

Shipped: 12th April

4 working days! Amazing.

Edited by shannycjs
typo

On 4/7/2022 at 12:39 PM, jwhauser said:

It's been explained to me before by multiple CSG reps that status is once the grades have finalized but not been encapsulated yet, so it's like an "in-between" status before encapsulation. 

I'm not 100% sure why they don't explain that anywhere but it is what it is. 

Just sent in my first order with CSG and couldn't be more pumped. I did a 51 card bulk order and it was received on 4/14. The order contained a lot of 1990 Hoops junk wax and some Panini Chronicles football and basketball from 2020. Just got marked as shipped today (4/26). I wasn't expecting any gems, but got 10 out of 51, which exceeded my expectations. Unbelievable turnaround time! 

On 4/26/2022 at 1:24 PM, cmcain83 said:

Just sent in my first order with CSG and couldn't be more pumped. I did a 51 card bulk order and it was received on 4/14. The order contained a lot of 1990 Hoops junk wax and some Panini Chronicles football and basketball from 2020. Just got marked as shipped today (4/26). I wasn't expecting any gems, but got 10 out of 51, which exceeded my expectations. Unbelievable turnaround time! 

Fingers crossed my bulk order will ship soon. Also received on 4/14

I have a bulk order received 4/13 that was in GEI for a week and now is in Grading/QC status. I’m hopeful that means they’re almost about to ship but not quite sure what that status means. Would be nice if they were to update status explanations. Can anyone with a recently returned shipment let me know what that status means? Thanks 

On 4/27/2022 at 6:59 AM, Warner85 said:

I have a bulk order received 4/13 that was in GEI for a week and now is in Grading/QC status. I’m hopeful that means they’re almost about to ship but not quite sure what that status means. Would be nice if they were to update status explanations. Can anyone with a recently returned shipment let me know what that status means? Thanks 

Here is what I saw on the website:

Received

The submitted cards have been counted and entered in CSG’s computer system along with the submitter information, submission date and requested service(s).

In the next step, a detailed description of each card will be entered in CSG’s computer system (a process commonly called “verification”). The cards will be separated from any paperwork that would identify the submitter and the submission will be prepared for grading.

Scheduled for Grading

Each card has now been described in detail in CSG’s computer system and checked against the submitter’s descriptions. A unique identification number has been assigned to each card. These identification numbers are printed on temporary holders and will be used to track each card throughout CSG’s grading process.

Submissions are then arranged by service and received date so that they can be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service level.

Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging

Cards are authenticated, graded and encapsulated. Once encapsulated, they are re-examined to verify that the grade and accompanying description are correct. The holder is also checked for defects such as scuffs or nicks.

After grading and encapsulation, cards are imaged.

Quality Control / Finalized

Cards are inspected and approved in Quality Control before being carefully packaged to return to the submitter.

Shipped

Cards have been certified, imaged, inspected and approved in Quality Control, carefully packaged and are being shipped back to the submitter. Grades and card details are now available for viewing online.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:49 PM, cmcain83 said:

Here is what I saw on the website:

Received

The submitted cards have been counted and entered in CSG’s computer system along with the submitter information, submission date and requested service(s).

In the next step, a detailed description of each card will be entered in CSG’s computer system (a process commonly called “verification”). The cards will be separated from any paperwork that would identify the submitter and the submission will be prepared for grading.

Scheduled for Grading

Each card has now been described in detail in CSG’s computer system and checked against the submitter’s descriptions. A unique identification number has been assigned to each card. These identification numbers are printed on temporary holders and will be used to track each card throughout CSG’s grading process.

Submissions are then arranged by service and received date so that they can be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service level.

Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging

Cards are authenticated, graded and encapsulated. Once encapsulated, they are re-examined to verify that the grade and accompanying description are correct. The holder is also checked for defects such as scuffs or nicks.

After grading and encapsulation, cards are imaged.

Quality Control / Finalized

Cards are inspected and approved in Quality Control before being carefully packaged to return to the submitter.

Shipped

Cards have been certified, imaged, inspected and approved in Quality Control, carefully packaged and are being shipped back to the submitter. Grades and card details are now available for viewing online.

I have seen that, thanks. Is my status a combination of 2 steps? Grading/QC is my current status.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:59 AM, Warner85 said:

Bulk order 73 cards received 4/13 being shipped out today 5/2. Very impressive, keep it up CSG. Definitely have turned things around.

I had a 7 card Economy submission. I just received notification that the status has now updated to Shipped. I'm pretty ecstatic about that turnaround time.

Shipped: 5/4/2022
Delivered: 5/6/2022
Received by CSG: 5/10/2022
Scheduled for Grading: 5/11/2022
Grading/Encapsulating/Imaging: 5/12/2022
Grading/Quality Control: 5/14/2022
Shipped: 5/16/22