• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to get Turnaround Times nailed down a little more accurately

96 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2022 at 9:59 AM, BigRob. said:

i have 2 bulk orders that they got in the begining of March 2021 when turn around times were 90 days , they checked them in 9/8/21 and another checked in 9/8/21 and they are in grading and encaps , Way past the turn around times they had when subbmitted . Not happy at all with this company . I know turn around times arent guaranteed but come on what a joke . 

While that is unfortunate, the purpose of this thread isn't to come and complain about CSG. If you have complaints about them I suggest you give them a call. I put that in like the first or second post in the thread.

Thanks. 

If you want to follow along with this thread, then please include the dates in the given template. Thanks again.

On 2/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

While that is unfortunate, the purpose of this thread isn't to come and complain about CSG. If you have complaints about them I suggest you give them a call. I put that in like the first or second post in the thread.

Thanks. 

If you want to follow along with this thread, then please include the dates in the given template. Thanks again.

stating facts 

Edited by BigRob.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:39 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Yeah I would definitely call them. Maybe even reference this thread bc the ones I sent in May have been back to me for a hot minute. 

Just got off the phone with them. I was told that it just finished encapsulation today and would be off to quality control. Still seems a bit odd that an 82 card order sent in May has taken this long when so many other people have already gotten their bulk orders back that were sent in months after mine. 

On 2/7/2022 at 11:16 AM, DiEnna said:

Just got off the phone with them. I was told that it just finished encapsulation today and would be off to quality control. Still seems a bit odd that an 82 card order sent in May has taken this long when so many other people have already gotten their bulk orders back that were sent in months after mine. 

it's definitely not good. 

Only thing I could say is that they prob got so swamped with orders when they first opened (not saying this as an excuse) - literally right before PSA shut down - that a lot of bulk prob got misplaced in the mix. 

On 2/7/2022 at 10:01 AM, kypackman said:

Another Economy submission out the door.  Shipped today (2/7)   It was received on 1/27.   That's 6 business days and 10 total days.   Awesome turnaround, yet also a little weird since my Standard submission from 1/20 is still in G/E/I.

How many days did it take after your packaged arrive at CSG before it was classified as "received?" I'm going on 10 business days since I got confirmation from FedEx that my packaged arrived at CSG, and the order still haven't been placed into the system as "received."  This is for an economy submission.

3rd Bulk order  received 1/12/22 at CSG

And Shipped back to me 2/16/22

Not bad at all looks like they are tryna keep up with SGC . The grades were a Lil inconsistent  for my liking this time I knew they were harsh on Surface but I got killed on Centering on a lot of cards. Haven't tried SGC yet so maybe I'll try them next . 

On 2/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, Rob Laird said:

How many days did it take after your packaged arrive at CSG before it was classified as "received?" I'm going on 10 business days since I got confirmation from FedEx that my packaged arrived at CSG, and the order still haven't been placed into the system as "received."  This is for an economy submission.

Package received 1/24

Received into CSG system 1/27

Another bulk order to report:

UPS delivered to CSG:  1/14

CSG Received:  1/20

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging:   2/07   

Quality Control/Finalized:   2/16     (Heart skips a beat)

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging:   2/17   (Ugh!!  Back to G/E/I ?? What the heck?!)

Grading/Quality Control:   2/18

Shipped:   2/18

This bulk order was only 90 cards.   I have another bulk order of 275 cards delivered on same day that is still in G/E/I

On 1/25/2022 at 11:37 AM, vsnej said:

First bulk order of 50 cards  

1) Order shipped by me:  08/20/2021  (CSG/CC charged 23% of total/membership)
2) CSG received order :  09/20/2021
3) CSG put into grading :  01/13/2022  (CSG/CC charged remainder)
4) Quality Control    :  TBD
5) Shipped            :  TBD

First Standard order of 8 cards

1) Order shipped by me:  01/10/2022   
2) CSG received order :  01/13/2022
3) CSG put in grading :  TBD
4) Quality Control    :  TBD
5) Shipped            :  TBD

First Standard order of 8 cards with sub grades

3) CSG put in grading :  02/17/2022
4) Quality Control    :  ???
5) Shipped            :  02/22/2022

Economy order, 8 cards.

Shipped: 2/9/22
Delivered: 2/10/22
Received by CSG: 2/12/22
Scheduled for Grading: 2/12/22
Grading/Encapsulating/Imaging: 2/15/22
Grading/Quality Control: 2/16/22
Quality Control/Finalized: 2/16/22
Shipped: 2/22/22

So an Economy order in 7 business days. Not too shabby. 

On 2/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, vsnej said:

First Standard order of 8 cards with sub grades

3) CSG put in grading :  02/17/2022
4) Quality Control    :  ???
5) Shipped            :  02/22/2022

Any movement on your bulk order? My bulk was also received by CSG on the same day

Mine went from shipped this morning to grading/QC which is where it shows now. But I got a tracking number that shows at the post office so this is interesting.

edit: showed up at my house today, 2/25/22, still shows as grading/qc in my submissions. 

Edited by Hoorayformoo

I'm not sure why OP is so confused by the concept of how bulk orders are processed. What likely is happening at each stage is there's a queue for non-bulk orders, which most companies try to complete according to perceived obligation. Then, when there is space or gaps in the queue, bulk orders are batch processed. These batches might be scheduled (say the last two weeks of every quarter) or not (queue gap processing), but, in both cases, they would be lowest priority.

If you want a standardized timeliness, use their standard service. Otherwise, be happy to get your cards back when you do... six to eight months later. :D

On 4/5/2022 at 2:24 PM, northkorea said:

I'm not sure why OP is so confused by the concept of how bulk orders are processed. What likely is happening at each stage is there's a queue for non-bulk orders, which most companies try to complete according to perceived obligation. Then, when there is space or gaps in the queue, bulk orders are batch processed. These batches might be scheduled (say the last two weeks of every quarter) or not (queue gap processing), but, in both cases, they would be lowest priority.

If you want a standardized timeliness, use their standard service. Otherwise, be happy to get your cards back when you do... six to eight months later. :D

What the hell are you talking about? 

I'm not upset with the time or turnaround, nor am I confused with how bulk orders work. I have had over 2000 cards graded over the years with numerous companies and have been collecting since the mid-80s. 

Do you need some coffee or something? Go and read my original post. I literally said I just want to see if we could get a more specific TaT nailed down bc at the time it was saying 165 but there were some pretty wild discrepencies in *actual* TaT. 

If you go through my post history you will see I am one of CSG's earliest and most staunch backers, so to be clear, I'm not sure where you got "I'm not sure why OP is so confused by the concept of how bulk orders are processed".....bc I'm not. I have literally never said I'm confused on how bulk orders are processed. I was merely concerned with nailing down a more accurate TaT. Jfc man. 

And then your last line - "Otherwise, be happy to get your cards back when you do... six to eight months later." Respectfully, again, (and besides the shi**y tone you're taking there), what the F are you talking about? *Again*, go through my post history, where I very specifically state "I don't care how long bulk takes to get back to me."

Are you confused easily or something? Your reading comprehension not where it should be today? I have said nothing of what you are accusing me of and, frankly. it's really weird. Did you like read another post and then reply on the wrong thread? 

You either need to wake up or get some sleep bc your post is embarrassingly off the mark.

ETA: I just realized how pathetically wrong you were when you said "....get them back in six to eight months"

Their TaT for bulk has been 45 days for awhile now so it's not even close to "six to eight months." Again, what on Earth are you on about? Embarrassing. 

Edited by ne1seenmykeys

On 4/5/2022 at 3:55 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

What the hell are you talking about? 

I'm not upset with the time or turnaround, nor am I confused with how bulk orders work. I have had over 2000 cards graded over the years with numerous companies and have been collecting since the mid-80s. 

Do you need some coffee or something? Go and read my original post. I literally said I just want to see if we could get a more specific TaT nailed down bc at the time it was saying 165 but there were some pretty wild discrepencies in *actual* TaT. 

If you go through my post history you will see I am one of CSG's earliest and most staunch backers, so to be clear, I'm not sure where you got "I'm not sure why OP is so confused by the concept of how bulk orders are processed".....bc I'm not. I have literally never said I'm confused on how bulk orders are processed. I was merely concerned with nailing down a more accurate TaT. Jfc man. 

And then your last line - "Otherwise, be happy to get your cards back when you do... six to eight months later." Respectfully, again, (and besides the shi**y tone you're taking there), what the F are you talking about? *Again*, go through my post history, where I very specifically state "I don't care how long bulk takes to get back to me."

Are you confused easily or something? Your reading comprehension not where it should be today? I have said nothing of what you are accusing me of and, frankly. it's really weird. Did you like read another post and then reply on the wrong thread? 

You either need to wake up or get some sleep bc your post is embarrassingly off the mark.

ETA: I just realized how pathetically wrong you were when you said "....get them back in six to eight months"

Their TaT for bulk has been 45 days for awhile now so it's not even close to "six to eight months." Again, what on Earth are you on about? Embarrassing. 

If you look at my profile, you'll see that I joined the board four or five days after you did. At that time, I felt I was a late adopter, since I was under the impression that CSG started in Nov 2020. I actually made my first submission in late April, since I wanted to do a submission of random grades to see how their system worked. I think I submitted 234 cards.

About half of the submission was with subs and half without. That's just how I chose to do things, as the purpose was to understand their grading process better.