• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Top Loaders allowed vs Semi Rigids? Shortages in Supplies.

15 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Csgkng said:

Hi CSG,

Can we submit cards in Top-Loaders vs Semi-Rigids?  I’m having a tough time finding Semi’s. Seems like toploaders are getting tough too. Thanks. 

It's riskier to use top loaders so I wouldn't do it, but I guess if you have to.  If you're looking for supplies you should buy them right from CSG in their store.  They are really nice quality and the price is great compared to what the scalpers are charging for that other brand.

https://shop.collectiblesgroup.com/collections/all-products/products/cgc-semi-rigid-card-holders

19 hours ago, Csgkng said:

Hi CSG,

Can we submit cards in Top-Loaders vs Semi-Rigids?  I’m having a tough time finding Semi’s. Seems like toploaders are getting tough too. Thanks. 

Yes, I have. You obviously wont get them back though.

-Matt

It seems to me the card saver holders were being used so cards will not fall out. Since there is a shortage of these and prices have increased significantly on these I have sent to others in top loaders. Some will use a small piece of painters tape or inside a bag to prevent movement. You obviously won't get the top loaders back but I have found them to be more economical.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Black said:

i ordered a bunch from the site and they still have not shipped, i'm wondering if they have a delay in their inventory

I just got a full load (5 50 packs and penny sleeves) a few days ago that I bought about 2 weeks ago so it wasn't too long of a wait.  Love the quality and I'm a big fan of those penny sleeves with the lip to make them easier to remove.

23 hours ago, Wyatt B. said:

Can anybody confirm that CSG accepts cards in top loaders? Thanks in advance!

My first submission I used top loaders and everything went fine.  I used sleeves on the cards also and made sure to leave the tip of the sleeve just a bit out of the top loader so the card could be pulled out without damaging the card.

4 hours ago, TheRealKyleMcC said:

My first submission I used top loaders and everything went fine.  I used sleeves on the cards also and made sure to leave the tip of the sleeve just a bit out of the top loader so the card could be pulled out without damaging the card.

How were your grades?

I am really unsure as to why people wouldn't prefer using top loaders. They provide a much higher level of protection and are more widely available. I have found them as cheap as 10 cents each. If using card savers and everything is not packed perfectly with card board or something shifts in transit your cards will be damaged. That is a risk I am not willing to take.

6 hours ago, Vintage collector said:

I am really unsure as to why people wouldn't prefer using top loaders. They provide a much higher level of protection and are more widely available. I have found them as cheap as 10 cents each. If using card savers and everything is not packed perfectly with card board or something shifts in transit your cards will be damaged. That is a risk I am not willing to take.

I mean, that's just not true. 

If anything, toploaders provide a greater area for movement during travel than CardSavers. 

1 hour ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

I mean, that's just not true. 

If anything, toploaders provide a greater area for movement during travel than CardSavers. 

Agreed, that's why semi-rigids are the standard...nobody wants their cards ending up damaged 😅

Ive bought semi rigids from their sister company and it will arrive just that its not amazon, be patient, it will come. I wonder though if they clean the ones we send with our submissions and repack them *grin* , it's not that I care as other companies wont return either

6 hours ago, jdmtdcollector said:

Ive bought semi rigids from their sister company and it will arrive just that its not amazon, be patient, it will come. I wonder though if they clean the ones we send with our submissions and repack them *grin* , it's not that I care as other companies wont return either

I've gotten a couple submissions back, the only semi-rigid I got back was with my card that came back ungraded.