• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No respect

16 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, Qualicy_Card_Ripper said:

Anyone else notice that when you are trying to sell a card that was graded from CSG is about the same price as a Raw card? Even if it is a 9.5?  Anyone know how to sell CSG graded cards for a fair value?

I mean it really depends on what the card is. Some cards are just going to be trash that no one wants, regardless of a CSG 9.5 or not. You can't just send in any card and hope that the market goes for it just bc you got it graded. 

What cards are you having trouble with specifically? 

On 12/1/2021 at 8:27 PM, jdmtdcollector said:

buy it now and dont let them push you. if the cards worth it, someone will buy

right, csg sellers need to stop low ballin themselves too, i see somethin go up like why you low ballin right out the gate, sometimes just seeing a high price will get buyers use to the idea of paying a high price, start high for a little bit then go down when its time for reality ha goodluck! 

On 12/11/2021 at 2:50 PM, micky 8 said:

right, csg sellers need to stop low ballin themselves too, i see somethin go up like why you low ballin right out the gate, sometimes just seeing a high price will get buyers use to the idea of paying a high price, start high for a little bit then go down when its time for reality ha goodluck! 

Eh, I think it depends. I am grading with CSG in order to add cards to my personal collection, so what I do is take the profits from selling those and have that pay for the ones I'm keeping. 

For instance, if I have an 80-card submission, let's just say that's roughly $650. 

Well, if I hit the $650 mark when I am re-selling them with like 30-40 cards to go then anything after that is profit for me and I'm not too worried about maximizing every single cent out of those cards, so I'll let them go for lower than what they're prob worth at the time, and sometimes even below what I paid to grade them just to move them and get sales under my belt. I have found that people are more willing to buy from me after consistent sales, as opposed to selling them for as high as I possibly can. Anecdotal, obviously. 

On 12/13/2021 at 11:32 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Eh, I think it depends. I am grading with CSG in order to add cards to my personal collection, so what I do is take the profits from selling those and have that pay for the ones I'm keeping. 

For instance, if I have an 80-card submission, let's just say that's roughly $650. 

Well, if I hit the $650 mark when I am re-selling them with like 30-40 cards to go then anything after that is profit for me and I'm not too worried about maximizing every single cent out of those cards, so I'll let them go for lower than what they're prob worth at the time, and sometimes even below what I paid to grade them just to move them and get sales under my belt. I have found that people are more willing to buy from me after consistent sales, as opposed to selling them for as high as I possibly can. Anecdotal, obviously. 

yeah 100% i operate pretty much the same way, im more of a collector too but try and sell to cover my hobby expense if possible and I price very fair unless its something im on the fence about selling ill raise the price. I just noticed alot of csg slabs with great cards that are gemmints starting real low to start and if that continues the perception of csg slabs will never increase for BIN, at least start with close to psa comps lets face it more then likely a csg gemmint or pristine is a better card then a psa 10, its tougher to get those grades at csg the market is gonna have to start to reflect it at some point, csg values are going up tho theres a guy on youtube who compares recent sales and csg with the same grades as psa sold for a good amount more a few times 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:09 PM, jsrva said:

It also doesn't help when sellers are listing common chrome 2020, 2019 etc. cards that are graded CSG 8.5 or worse. Not sure who would be interested in buying those.

right!  i see some crazy slabs why would anyone pay the grading fee for some of these cards is nuts, I got Brady rookies not graded yet and dudes grading paper versions of Joe Shmo! 

On 12/14/2021 at 9:09 AM, jsrva said:

It also doesn't help when sellers are listing common chrome 2020, 2019 etc. cards that are graded CSG 8.5 or worse. Not sure who would be interested in buying those.

Agreed. I only list CSG 9.5s and up. I think I may have listed a few 9s but only if I was sure I'd be able to move it for a fair value. 

I'm literally keeping every single 8.5 for when the value of CSG cards ultimately goes up quite a bit once the Fanatics takeover is complete and under way. I give it about 5-6 years and we'll see significant increases on the value of CSG cards. 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:13 PM, nbuff52 said:

right!  i see some crazy slabs why would anyone pay the grading fee for some of these cards is nuts, I got Brady rookies not graded yet and dudes grading paper versions of Joe Shmo! 

Ive done surprisingly well selling baseball RCs from the Topps paper sets from 2019/2020, actually. I think, as with anything else, it's all about picking the right players etc. 

not much roi when it comes to csg , most card will sell for raw or less , its gonna take time for csg to build up in value . I like the fact i can buy low and for some cards ill crack and sub elsewhere for a higher roi , i do a lot of slabs for pc and try to flip others to make a few bucks back .