• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

csg popularity and perception
1 1

4 posts in this topic

seen a poll on grading companies on Scottie B cards youtube, Csg was voted last behind Psa, Bgs, Sgc and Hga? I personally dont care, im a long term collector im gonna stick with csg the company thats gonna be around, thoughts? bad marketing? bad flip? 

On 11/23/2021 at 9:43 PM, micky 8 said:

seen a poll on grading companies on Scottie B cards youtube, Csg was voted last behind Psa, Bgs, Sgc and Hga? I personally dont care, im a long term collector im gonna stick with csg the company thats gonna be around, thoughts? bad marketing? bad flip? 

Biggest problem with CSG right now is that they had insanely low bulk pricing to start, and they were quickly flooded with junk cards. Now that those cards are back and in the market, so the market is primarily junk. For instance I keep an eye out for Ronald Acuna cards on eBay, and so many of the cards that have been hitting have been base 2020, 2021, and Topps Now cards - all cards that are super cheap and super common. Hell there's a Donruss 2021 Unleashed card in a CSG 9 listed for $80! That card is barely worth $1 raw.

That's not to say there aren't awesome cards in CSG cases out there, it's just that they are currently overshadowed by the junk. Once that starts to even out I think you'll see perception in the market change. 

In my opinion a fast way to make that happen is to stop offering bulk prices without sub-grades. If the minimum price to grade was $22 you'd stop a lot of the $1 cards from being submitted. 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:31 AM, Kon_Jelly said:

Biggest problem with CSG right now is that they had insanely low bulk pricing to start, and they were quickly flooded with junk cards. Now that those cards are back and in the market, so the market is primarily junk. For instance I keep an eye out for Ronald Acuna cards on eBay, and so many of the cards that have been hitting have been base 2020, 2021, and Topps Now cards - all cards that are super cheap and super common. Hell there's a Donruss 2021 Unleashed card in a CSG 9 listed for $80! That card is barely worth $1 raw.

That's not to say there aren't awesome cards in CSG cases out there, it's just that they are currently overshadowed by the junk. Once that starts to even out I think you'll see perception in the market change. 

In my opinion a fast way to make that happen is to stop offering bulk prices without sub-grades. If the minimum price to grade was $22 you'd stop a lot of the $1 cards from being submitted. 

great point I agree, i watched alot of reveals it seems like alot of dudes were afraid to send high value cards initially too, had alot of collecters with sending in wildly_fanciful_statement im bulk to get a feel for the grading but been noticing some of those same guys are starting to send in there good cards, the more good cards in csg slabs will def increase value, i understand gettin nervous sending off a 1000$ card to a new grader but its turning around, i was reluctant to sub big cards but i like what im seeing lately m planning on takin the plunge n subing my best to csg soon