• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm not quite sure what to do as I am a newbie to getting a card graded

1 post in this topic

I have a 1992 sports illustrated for kids, Mia Hamm rookie card. I recently saw that one sold for 34.400 at a grade of 10. It's a no brainer that I should get it graded, however, this card is at the bottom middle of a 9 card perforated sheet and I have looked at youtube ideas and am not real sure I like their ideas of how to separate the cards. I don't know if I could pull off a 10, which would be a life saver but a 9 would even grab me a few thousand. I feel like the guy grading should be the one who has to pull it off of there perfectly but that's in a perfect world. Does anyone have any idea on whether there is someone to take it to to have it separated or a way to do it myself that won't destroy the card? I asked on guy and he said get a laser and practice on other cards but I'm pretty sure they won't grade a perforated card if it has been cut instead of pulled. I want to have the best chance at getting a 9 or 10. Also which grading service would you recommend?