• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Population Report?

25 posts in this topic

I recently submitted an order and was attracted to the security features advertised as part of the grading process.  I was wondering if there will be a population report on graded sports cards.  This feature gives submitters and buyers a level of transparency that drives the over all integrity of the hobby. How will CSG handle this part of operations, as I feel it is the most important part of a reputable grading company? Thank you....Excited and Look forward to getting my cards back. 

I'm asking this because I'd like to see both services (registry and population report) in one place. Can I assume both will be offered and if so, any idea on a timeframe? I'm seriously considering doing most of my grading with you if registry and pop report are available to us.. Thank you for your help.

Brian Blankenburg

On 3/29/2021 at 5:28 AM, CardGrader said:

Yes, the population report will be released to the public in the near future.

Good afternoon. I am planning to sub for the first time with you guys next week. Any update on the pop report being made available? Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

How can it be since last year when they didn't start taking submissions in February?

CGC trading cards (Pokemon / MTG)... both companies fall under the same umbrella. Database may be separate (sports vs TCG) but they will most definitely be using the same code and interface. One will surely not release before the other

Edited by nickdrizzle

17 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

CGC trading cards (Pokemon / MTG)... both companies fall under the same umbrella. Database may be separate (sports vs TCG) but they will most definitely be using the same code and interface. One will surely not release before the other

I consider them 2 companies. There's always the possibility of CGC Cards using the Collectors Society registry and CSG doing something completely different. I hope it doesn't go that way. I hppe CSG uses the Collectors Society registry format. 

On 6/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, KLWalden said:

Waiting on pop reports cmon they can’t even stick to the extended return times — 3 cards rec’vd 3/25 still not graded— 4/13 5 cards still not in system — pop reports at the earliest 2022 along with the coming soon “ thicker card cases” 

They released the thick slabs months ago.

Just listened to a podcast this past week with the CCG President talking about the Population Report coming very soon.  

I've been collecting cards for nearly 45 years ... off and on, recently very reengaged the last couple of still really getting to understand grading... for you veterans, how do you use the population report ... why is it so advantageous.  I get supply and demand and understand that fewer should be better in terms of value, but how much does it influence your decision to buy a card in the market or get a card graded??? 

On 1/25/2022 at 2:26 PM, CubFan said:

Just listened to a podcast this past week with the CCG President talking about the Population Report coming very soon.  

I've been collecting cards for nearly 45 years ... off and on, recently very reengaged the last couple of still really getting to understand grading... for you veterans, how do you use the population report ... why is it so advantageous.  I get supply and demand and understand that fewer should be better in terms of value, but how much does it influence your decision to buy a card in the market or get a card graded??? 

Mine is for exactly what you mentioned, value.  The fewer graded, the fewer graded higher, impacts the value for me as an investment.  I probably would matter if it was a PC card though.