• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why should I send my cards to CSG when it's easier to get a PSA 10 than a CSG 10? Especially since a PSA 10 will fetch a higher price than a CSG 10. No Brainer later CSG.

13 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2021 at 1:29 PM, Sluggo and The Radiation Children said:

CSG no 10's anywhere? EBay maybe 1 or 2. Meanwhile PSA 10's everywhere.

The same reason people send to BGS. A PSA 10 is Gem Mint, a CSG 9.5 is Gem Mint, a BGS 9.5 is Gem Mint. They are the same grades. A BGS 10 or a CSG 10 are in many cases a better card than a PSA 10. The problem with grading is people buy the grade not the card. And everyone thinks a 10 is better than a 9.5. When in almost all cases that isn't true. If you were to crack a CSG quad 9.5 or a BGS quad 9.5, I'd be willing to bet 9 times out of 10 it gets a PSA 10.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:45 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

I'm submitting to CSG (and buying their graded cards) as a long term play. With the Blackstone acquisition and already established partnership with Fanatics, the future is bright for CSG. They're the only grading company positioned to compete with PSA in the long term (5+ years from now). Flippers and the short sighted don't understand this and shouldn't concern themselves with it. Let them focus on PSA, but CSG is going to catch up, it's just going to take a while.

i agree i think there in the best position to be around long term and the fact they been around since 1987 gives me a little comfort too, the csg values on ebay seem to be going up a little more every month the more good cards collectors see in csg holders the more will submit and values will reflect accordingly, def gonna take a little time but already seeing a csg presence on ebay a few Lebron rookies in csg holders could make all csg values go up it gives the grader validity 

On 11/10/2021 at 9:42 AM, robotur said:

The only reason why I submitted to CSG is because PSA and BGS services for lower tiers are suspended right now. The $30 price point for SGC is too high for the cards I am submitting so I gave CSG a try.  So far I got back 230 cards and only got two 10s and 85% of the rest of the cards with 9 or 9.5.  The cases look great but the low resell value continues to be a concern.  And while there have been lots of complaints about turnaround time at CSG, 6 months for bulk is not bad considered PSA and BGS are over a year right now.  For the cards I am submitting the price makes sense.

lots os csg slabs ive seen sell on ebay have gone for less then it cost to grade them and thats a issue as well 

On 11/10/2021 at 7:45 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

I'm submitting to CSG (and buying their graded cards) as a long term play. With the Blackstone acquisition and already established partnership with Fanatics, the future is bright for CSG. They're the only grading company positioned to compete with PSA in the long term (5+ years from now). Flippers and the short sighted don't understand this and shouldn't concern themselves with it. Let them focus on PSA, but CSG is going to catch up, it's just going to take a while.

Why not both, though? 

I personally have used CSG as a great way to make profit on lower-end cards while stashing a lot away in my PC looking at long-term value, so I have gotten the best of both worlds. Why pay for your PC when you can have others do it? 

seriously? cause psa is $150 a card right now! that and it depends on whether or not your grader got laid the night before, or wait over a year to get cards back and technically someone on youtube did a study showing csg gemmints 9.5 almost as much as psa gemmints i think 35% psa 10s and 27% csg 9.5s not much of a difference and no one is putting a gun to your head sub with whoever ya want 

I just got back two subs back from PSA. They are not giving 10 gem mints like they used too. I only got 4 10 gem mints and a bunch of 9s and 8s vintage and modern cards. Nat Turner don't just give 10s like Joe Orlando did. I heard guys in my PSA sub group said they should have sent in there cards 3 years ago just to get 10s. 

Just getting reengaged in the hobby... have looked at all slabs and the CSG just feels and looks like a higher quality item to me, even though it doesn't have the value of PSA right now.  95% of what I do is for personal collecting and maybe a long term sale... what I have seen so far from CSG looks great and hope its a long term value play, but in the mean time I'll just enjoy their work

On 12/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, Jonathan mullins said:

I just got back two subs back from PSA. They are not giving 10 gem mints like they used too. I only got 4 10 gem mints and a bunch of 9s and 8s vintage and modern cards. Nat Turner don't just give 10s like Joe Orlando did. I heard guys in my PSA sub group said they should have sent in there cards 3 years ago just to get 10s. 

i seen some psa reveals lately there Gem rate isnt much higher then csg, there a little more lenient on centering but there not the easy 10 like they were 35% on ultra modern, csg is 26% on ultra modern but csg has an 8.5 grade those nuances and accuracy matter in terms of value and ya know exactly what your getting as a buyer