• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oversized Cards

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 3/28/2021 at 9:50 AM, Scott Manlove said:

Will you be offering services to grade oversized cards? For instance; I have a 2020 Bowman Draft Box Topper that I would like graded.

Thanks!

Hi @Scott Manlove,

Thank you for your post. CSG is currently grading cards of standard size and thickness, but will expand its services very soon. Please check our website and social media for an announcement for these new holder options.

The link below will provide details on the cards that CSG currently grades. This page will be updated with the new items as well. 

https://www.csgcards.com/card-grading/cards-we-grade/

I have two submissions that are both paid in full. I assume this means they have been graded and are ready to ship? There is no status information on either, no grades when I open the submission, and they have been like this for a few weeks now. I called CS and was told that you guys do not currently have holders for the size of cards I sent in. I sent in regular thickness cards and a few that may be 55pt (would be the absolute thickest since I knew you were not accepting 'thick' cards). Can you explain to me what you are waiting for and why I would have been charged if you have not completed the order?

Thanks,

Scott

On 4/26/2021 at 7:02 AM, Scott Manlove said:

I have two submissions that are both paid in full. I assume this means they have been graded and are ready to ship? There is no status information on either, no grades when I open the submission, and they have been like this for a few weeks now. I called CS and was told that you guys do not currently have holders for the size of cards I sent in. I sent in regular thickness cards and a few that may be 55pt (would be the absolute thickest since I knew you were not accepting 'thick' cards). Can you explain to me what you are waiting for and why I would have been charged if you have not completed the order?

Thanks,

Scott

Were any of your cards prizm? Just asking since I subbed 2 that were prizm. 

16 hours ago, ItismeH said:

Were any of your cards prizm? Just asking since I subbed 2 that were prizm. 

I had a single Prizm on the first order and two on the second. The status of both has reappeared. Back to grading/QC. No grades when I open to look at order. Do we pay prior to grading of the cards? My rep told me we pay after grading has finished. This is all so odd. The lack of communication is not helping. Has anyone seen a mod answer any questions lately? Radio silence seems to be the MO.

I've talked with customer service a couple times about my cards. Here is what I believe to be the situation with my cards, which sounds like what has happened with yours. My cards are graded and I was billed, however there were a couple? few? cards that were slightly oversize and would not fit their holders. So the whole order is being held pending the new holders. My status went blank too for a couple weeks and is also back in grading/QC. I assume that's because the next phase is finalized/shipped and that hasn't happened yet and I'm guessing they were tired of people asking about the status being blank. 

19 hours ago, Mark Schlosberg said:

I've talked with customer service a couple times about my cards. Here is what I believe to be the situation with my cards, which sounds like what has happened with yours. My cards are graded and I was billed, however there were a couple? few? cards that were slightly oversize and would not fit their holders. So the whole order is being held pending the new holders. My status went blank too for a couple weeks and is also back in grading/QC. I assume that's because the next phase is finalized/shipped and that hasn't happened yet and I'm guessing they were tired of people asking about the status being blank. 

I spoke with someone yesterday. You are correct; if there are cards 55pt or greater the order is on hold. The good news is that all other cards in the orders have been graded and slabbed. Once the 'larger' blanks come in they will be finishing the orders. 

While I had someone's ear at CSG I suggested someone communicate to all customers what is going on. Transparency and communication go a long way; especially with a new company that is still building trust with its customers. What do I know, though?

There are some who have received cards back in thicker holders. They are giving those holders to the higher level services while making bulk wait even though some have been waiting since february and were charged more than two weeks ago. #stoplyingtoyourcustomers

Check out this Kobe with the inner sleeve and bumpers situated further out away from the card edge.

Kobe Bryant 1999-00 Donruss Flair Showcase Elevators #4 of 10 CSG 9 MINT | eBay

Here is a side by side comparison of thicker slab next to regular slab. These might be the same cards but I have not verified that yet.

3-F0-C03-D6-72-D7-4057-858-D-401132-A5-B3-E4.jpg

Edited by tmoore_25