• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 cards- not one 10

14 posts in this topic

I have gotten a 114-card submission back with 14 CSG 10s

I have also gotten an 78-card submission back that had 10 CSG 10s

You all are clearly not turning in cards that are 10-worthy, or just don't know how to review cards before turning them in, bc CSG definitely gives 10s. You can go on eBay right now and there are lots and lots of them. 

Some of these were from as early as 2017 (Bowman Draft Ronald Acuna, where I got 3 10s out of 12 of those cards submitted), too, so my advice would be to watch some videos on YouTube on how to pre-grade cards bc I didn't even pre-grade mine and got these 10s lol.  

On 12/13/2021 at 11:17 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

I have gotten a 114-card submission back with 14 CSG 10s

I have also gotten an 78-card submission back that had 10 CSG 10s

You all are clearly not turning in cards that are 10-worthy, or just don't know how to review cards before turning them in, bc CSG definitely gives 10s. You can go on eBay right now and there are lots and lots of them. 

Some of these were from as early as 2017 (Bowman Draft Ronald Acuna, where I got 3 10s out of 12 of those cards submitted), too, so my advice would be to watch some videos on YouTube on how to pre-grade cards bc I didn't even pre-grade mine and got these 10s lol.  

right! dont matter how many ya get graded if your not screening or sending in centered mint cards, i watch a few youtubers that do csg reveals and they call almost every card accuratly, these guys predict the grade and know exactly why with every single card, people get in there heads graders just make the grades up for some larger agenda, finding perfectly centered cards isnt easy and thats just one catagory, 10s are more valuable because perfect cards are rare!! some brands of cards are a 7 before the pack is even opened, i opened a pack of 2021 select looked like i pulled them out of garbage disposal 

10s SHOULD be hard to get.  We're talking about a nearly perfect card here.  Do those of you complaining know how few cards are actually "gem mint" straight out of a pack -- from any era?  Also, don't you want your gem mint cards to hold value?  Handing out 10s like candy is a sure way to kill value.  I actively buy CSG cards because of the fact that the grading is so strict.  I know I am most likely getting a tightly graded card.

Honestly, the complaining about CSG NOT over-grading your cards is silly. 

On 1/4/2022 at 11:43 AM, brentpearson said:

10s SHOULD be hard to get.  We're talking about a nearly perfect card here.  Do those of you complaining know how few cards are actually "gem mint" straight out of a pack -- from any era?  Also, don't you want your gem mint cards to hold value?  Handing out 10s like candy is a sure way to kill value.  I actively buy CSG cards because of the fact that the grading is so strict.  I know I am most likely getting a tightly graded card.

Agreed....

On 1/4/2022 at 11:43 AM, brentpearson said:

csg's stategy is working theres a youtube channel that compares prices between graders csg is consistently getting higher value then psa and sgc for the same grade mostly high value cards because collectors who are droppin a few grand on a card want a card graded accurately, one example was a Wilt Chamberlin rc csg 4 another psa 4 and sgc 4 csg sold for around 2000 more, its early too csg only been grading sports a year thats good news for csg slab holders 

I’ve submitted around 500-600 cards through Csg that have come back, and I’m very happy with what came back. A lot of 10s and 9.5s.  I screen all cards for submission. I think the problem with a lot of people have is in the thinking that if you crack open a newer case or box, a very large percentage of the cards are just not going to be 10s. I remember cracking 6 or 7 hobby boxes of prizm 2020 football and the percentage of what I would submit was insanely low.  Paninis quality control is absolutely horrible. Between surface defects and off centering you would be lucky to get 10% worthy of submission.

On 3/11/2022 at 10:26 PM, mtmcomicbook said:

I’ve submitted around 500-600 cards through Csg that have come back, and I’m very happy with what came back. A lot of 10s and 9.5s.  I screen all cards for submission. I think the problem with a lot of people have is in the thinking that if you crack open a newer case or box, a very large percentage of the cards are just not going to be 10s. I remember cracking 6 or 7 hobby boxes of prizm 2020 football and the percentage of what I would submit was insanely low.  Paninis quality control is absolutely horrible. Between surface defects and off centering you would be lucky to get 10% worthy of submission.

stricter grading from csg, sgc and even psa grading stricter these days might help improve manufacturning and quality control because like ya said sometimes i think card making is getting worse especially panini and print lines in Select are bad