• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prices

5 posts in this topic

So I haven’t bought a membership yet. Seeing as Beckett and PSA are ridiculous prices and take forever. I’m just getting back into the hobby.

Can someone tell me the prices these day to grade from CSG, and turn around time? Also what does the membership do and which one should I buy?

Thanks for the help sorry for the stupid questions.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:00 AM, WVBCW said:

So I haven’t bought a membership yet. Seeing as Beckett and PSA are ridiculous prices and take forever. I’m just getting back into the hobby.

Can someone tell me the prices these day to grade from CSG, and turn around time? Also what does the membership do and which one should I buy?

Thanks for the help sorry for the stupid questions.

if you subbed a bulk today you can get them back in 6 to 8 months , if you use a group sub you can save some money on you subs but again you wont get them back anytime soon , they will only honor current turn around time no matter what they were when you subbmitted your cards , yes psa is overpriced currently , beckett has ugly slabs , HGA is garbage and the only other option i feel is SGC and i use them with no issue and get my cards back in a month or less with a higher ROI , i like csg and the slabs but again not thrilled with the lies and turn around time bs . Its your choice but id look at all options to make the best choice , Im hoping to have my april bulk back soon but who know (turn around time was like 60 days then and nothing so far ) shows they only honor current turn around time . 

Not stupid questions. I quit collecting about 25 years ago when pack and box prices skyrocketed and if you didnt get an insert card in a pack you lost. It became much more than just set building. And now you have to have a graded 10 or you dont  have anything. Anyway i decided to sort through some of my old cards and maybe get some graded. I find the whole process tedious and tiring. I would rather sell my entire collection and be done with it.

On 10/21/2021 at 1:28 PM, Cardsharp1 said:

Not stupid questions. I quit collecting about 25 years ago when pack and box prices skyrocketed and if you didnt get an insert card in a pack you lost. It became much more than just set building. And now you have to have a graded 10 or you dont  have anything. Anyway i decided to sort through some of my old cards and maybe get some graded. I find the whole process tedious and tiring. I would rather sell my entire collection and be done with it.

Id buy it from you! 

I'd sell it to you. I have approx. 3000 mostly minor league autographed baseball cards of guys who never made it to the majors i obtained in person as i live in a AA city. Some, like Berkman and Greinke and Damon did well. And i had friends that lived in another baseball town and we would mail cards to each other to get signed. The rest of my stuff is mostly late 80's, early 90's factory sets and hand collated sets. Im in Arkansas.