• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround time thread

22 posts in this topic

I wanted to create a turnaround time thread and see what others experience has been so far. I currently 4 bulk orders all received in April, which are all in grading/encapsulation/imaging phase. I am exactly at 6 months so far.

Curious if others have received any bulk orders yet?  

I've got a bulk order that was rec'd April 13 that just went into Quality Control Finalized.  I am not sure how long it stays in that phase, but I doubt too long.  So, about a total of 6 1/2 months by the time I get back probably.  This was at the $8 price.  Unfortunately, I just don't think the selling prices will dictate me sending in more though.  We'll have to see.  Modern lower-end stuff just to test them out.  Don't mind the timeline, just not sure of resale value yet.  However, SGC and HGA just don't work for me at their higher price points, where the sales price will not be much more.

My two bulk were just recently shipped. See dates below

6/21 received and 10/16 shipped.  

6/23 received and 10/19 shipped.

All total about 6 and half months from beginning to end for bulk orders.  Compared to PSA and BGS who both have turnaround times over one year for the lowest tier, CSG turnaround times has been solid.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:12 PM, robotur said:

All total about 6 and half months from beginning to end for bulk orders.  Compared to PSA and BGS who both have turnaround times over one year for the lowest tier, CSG turnaround times has been solid.

I’m not understanding. June to October is 4 months. Where does the 6 months come in?  

On 10/19/2021 at 6:12 PM, robotur said:

Awesome. I have a bulk marked 6/18. Hopefully leaves for me by the end of the week. Still in G/E/I

my april 9th bulk sub went into G/E/I sept 21st and nothing since and thats horrible cause turn around was around 60 days when i subbed them and CSG only honnors current turn around . Bad look for a new company 

Edited by Rob420

On 10/20/2021 at 11:16 AM, Rob420 said:

my april 9th bulk sub went into G/E/I sept 21st and nothing since and thats horrible cause turn around was around 60 days when i subbed them and CSG only honnors current turn around . Bad look for a new company 

When was it marked received? Bulk is around 6 months. For $12/card I don't know how anyone can be that upset or surprised in this current card climate. 

On 10/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, Benjamin Brown said:

When was it marked received? Bulk is around 6 months. For $12/card I don't know how anyone can be that upset or surprised in this current card climate. 

april 9th and turn around times were 60 days at that point not 171 as it is today , and it was 8 a card not 12 like it is now .

Edited by Rob420

On 10/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Rob420 said:

april 9th and turn around times were 60 days at that point not 171 as it is today , and it was 8 a card not 12 like it is now .

If it was marked as received in the system then that is abnormal. If it was marked received to the facility as in delivered by Fedex/USPS then that sounds about right. 

On 10/20/2021 at 1:55 PM, Benjamin Brown said:

If it was marked as received in the system then that is abnormal. If it was marked received to the facility as in delivered by Fedex/USPS then that sounds about right. 

trun around time starts the day they recieve them (as it states on the website) , so if they got them on april 9th it should of been 60 business days from that point and i should of get that back sometime in july . 

Edited by Rob420

On 10/19/2021 at 4:53 PM, AM Cards said:

I've got a bulk order that was rec'd April 13 that just went into Quality Control Finalized.  I am not sure how long it stays in that phase, but I doubt too long.  So, about a total of 6 1/2 months by the time I get back probably.  This was at the $8 price.  Unfortunately, I just don't think the selling prices will dictate me sending in more though.  We'll have to see.  Modern lower-end stuff just to test them out.  Don't mind the timeline, just not sure of resale value yet.  However, SGC and HGA just don't work for me at their higher price points, where the sales price will not be much more.

UPDATE - showed up marked as SHIPPED this morning,  Grades actually came out pretty well.  I went with no subs, and got 3 10s, 30 9.5s, and the rest 9s..  I had forgotten what I put in there, so it was weird for me to say "I sent that in?".  Happy with the grades and although resale values will obviously be less than PSA, there is still money to be made.  Maybe changing my tune about sending in another batch - think I'll see what I can out together, especially at the low price level.

On 10/20/2021 at 6:49 PM, AM Cards said:

UPDATE - showed up marked as SHIPPED this morning,  Grades actually came out pretty well.  I went with no subs, and got 3 10s, 30 9.5s, and the rest 9s..  I had forgotten what I put in there, so it was weird for me to say "I sent that in?".  Happy with the grades and although resale values will obviously be less than PSA, there is still money to be made.  Maybe changing my tune about sending in another batch - think I'll see what I can out together, especially at the low price level.

resale depening on the card and player is about 50% of beckett (ouch) 

On 10/20/2021 at 5:49 PM, AM Cards said:

I have a bulk order received 6/18 still in G/E/I ... hopefully coming soon. Frustrating to see bulk orders received after mine already shipped.

On 10/21/2021 at 10:55 AM, Rob Laird said:

I have a bulk order received 6/18 still in G/E/I ... hopefully coming soon. Frustrating to see bulk orders received after mine already shipped.

mine have been there since april 9th , what bulk turn around was 60 days smh 

On 10/21/2021 at 10:16 AM, Rob420 said:

mine have been there since april 9th , what bulk turn around was 60 days smh 

Mine arrived on April 5th. Overall, it's hard to complain about $8/card for an overall turnaround time that's about 1/2 or so as long as PSA or BGS, but there's no doubt that CSG fumbled the rollout. It'd have been much, much better for them to have told customers from the very beginning that they should expect months-long door-to-door turnaround times, but instead they claimed their turnaround times were 45 days when in reality delivered boxes just sat there unreceived for months on end. On top of that, their turnaround clock was way off anyway; my cards were shipped on April 1 when the clock was 45 days, sat for 2 1/2 months unreceived, and have sat for over 90 business days since being officially received. That's just bad service. For $8/card, I'm not exactly going to go call BBB about them, but it's very discouraging. I was hoping to have the cards back for the National, and here we are at the end of the baseball season and I'm still waiting.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:48 AM, Rob Laird said:

Mine arrived on April 5th. Overall, it's hard to complain about $8/card for an overall turnaround time that's about 1/2 or so as long as PSA or BGS, but there's no doubt that CSG fumbled the rollout. It'd have been much, much better for them to have told customers from the very beginning that they should expect months-long door-to-door turnaround times, but instead they claimed their turnaround times were 45 days when in reality delivered boxes just sat there unreceived for months on end. On top of that, their turnaround clock was way off anyway; my cards were shipped on April 1 when the clock was 45 days, sat for 2 1/2 months unreceived, and have sat for over 90 business days since being officially received. That's just bad service. For $8/card, I'm not exactly going to go call BBB about them, but it's very discouraging. I was hoping to have the cards back for the National, and here we are at the end of the baseball season and I'm still waiting.

its a shame , and if you notice , you will rarely if ever see a admin comment on threads like this as they see it as negitive but csg doesnt do anything to adress the issues customers have and if do comment they say call cs and all cs does is reads a -script and has no clue whats going on  ,that being said there is no reason your or my cards should still be sitting there .

Edited by Rob420

I finally received my 1st bulk order of 113 card, the cases look great and definitely tough graders.  85% of the cards were 9.0 or 9.5  and 15% were 8.5. I did not receive any 10 however these cards were about 20 years old.  Overall I cant complain with the $7.20 per card and the six month turnaround time.  PSA and BGS are at over 1 year turn around time.  While I agree CSG bungled the rollout of service and the turnaround times but its a solid choice in light of the current grading market.  The only other options is SGC for $30 a card and a two to three week turnaround time.  For low end cards, I think CSG is a great choice and the slabs look great.