• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting cards priced before slabbing

12 posts in this topic

I’m trying to break down my collection into cards that I want to spent the money on grading and slabbing. Where do you guys get your cards priced at? Beckett is proving to be of no use whatsoever. I’ve got a subscription online and have the app. I’ve tried cards from 1990-2021 and I’ve never found a card nor price!!! What do I do???!!!!

On 9/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, Mwbaldwin05 said:

I’m trying to break down my collection into cards that I want to spent the money on grading and slabbing. Where do you guys get your cards priced at? Beckett is proving to be of no use whatsoever. I’ve got a subscription online and have the app. I’ve tried cards from 1990-2021 and I’ve never found a card nor price!!! What do I do???!!!!

130pt.com/sales

You'll be able to see the Best Offer Accepted price.

On 9/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, Mwbaldwin05 said:

www.130point.com/sales is what you are looking for.

It is an aggregate site for all the ebay sales on almost any card you can think of, and they show the Buy It Now price. 

The truth is there is no definitive answer to your question other than saying, "the market determines a cards value and that is constantly changing."

I would also recommend getting whatever cards you want slabbed up, and not focus so much on the value of the card itself, unless you are looking to flip and re-sell these cards once they are graded. But even then, there are variables beyond looking up what the value is bc there are different grades that the card could get, therefore fluctuating the value of the card depending on the grade. SO if you looked up a PSA 10 version of a card you have and see it's worth $100 you might get excited to send that card in to get graded, but if you don't know what you're doing then the card might get graded a PSA 8 and the value of the card drops A LOT when that happens. 

Hahaha. I just wish there was a legit place to find prices for cards. Beckett used to be great, however I can’t stand them anymore. I think I may just hold on to until PSA gets their together. Truly no one does it better and no one has as much clout. 

On 9/24/2021 at 10:21 AM, Mwbaldwin05 said:

What do you mean by “ if I don’t know what I’m doing”?

What do you mean what do I mean??? The phrase "if you don't know what you are doing" is self-explanatory, is it not? 

I mean, after all, you are on here asking us places to look up cards, so it's pretty clear to me you don't know what you are doing. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I commend you for asking for help.

Give me the cards you are trying to look up. Are you trying to look them up ungraded? Graded? Graded by whom? And if so, what grade are you looking for? 

*As I already told you*, there are lots of variables to looking up the cards you want in terms of what their value is. A PSA 10 will be significantly higher in price than a PSA 7 or 8, so tha matters. 

Gie me a list of the four cards you mentioned you can't find and I can guarantee you I can find the relative value of them (bc I know what I'm doing).

Type the name of the card on ebay and then search. There is a filter that you can use in the search engine, choose sold items, it will show you the prices of items sold. However for Best offer accepted items, it will only show you the original buy it now price, not the accepted offer. There is a website called 130point.com that allows you to see the actual accepted prices. Local card shops are also great sources. Not all card shops are built the same though. There are card shops where the owners are very helpful. Post a list of your cards here, there are a few people here that may be able to help you too.

On 12/24/2021 at 6:53 AM, jdmtdcollector said:

Type the name of the card on ebay and then search. There is a filter that you can use in the search engine, choose sold items, it will show you the prices of items sold. However for Best offer accepted items, it will only show you the original buy it now price, not the accepted offer. There is a website called 130point.com that allows you to see the actual accepted prices. Local card shops are also great sources. Not all card shops are built the same though. There are card shops where the owners are very helpful. Post a list of your cards here, there are a few people here that may be able to help you too.

He has already been told this multiple times but has chosen to not to participate in the thread *he created* lol