• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now Opening Date Jumped to Aug 30?

4 posts in this topic

My guess is a few reasons:

1. April/May were the largest submission months and the bulk of their backlog (prices raised at some point after this, and estimates went up which may have slowed submissions).

2. They hired a LOT more people, especially given the influx of cash their money got when new investors came in.

3. They started the policy of asking people to write the service type on the outside of the package around June.  This probably helped them more efficiently sort packages received from that point.

All of these led to the open dates increasing more quickly over the past month.  For a while they were progressing only a week of openings each week in July (not catching up at all).   In late August they started completing two weeks of openings per one week of time.   Can also confirm my package was delivered in July and opened about a week ago, so they are truly caught up to around that point.

On 9/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, oluckydayo said:

My guess is a few reasons:

1. April/May were the largest submission months and the bulk of their backlog (prices raised at some point after this, and estimates went up which may have slowed submissions).

2. They hired a LOT more people, especially given the influx of cash their money got when new investors came in.

3. They started the policy of asking people to write the service type on the outside of the package around June.  This probably helped them more efficiently sort packages received from that point.

All of these led to the open dates increasing more quickly over the past month.  For a while they were progressing only a week of openings each week in July (not catching up at all).   In late August they started completing two weeks of openings per one week of time.   Can also confirm my package was delivered in July and opened about a week ago, so they are truly caught up to around that point.

Makes sense. (I doubt it, but)I wonder if there is any correlation between those times speeding up and grading speeding up. Considering sending in more if they are significantly increasing the grading capacity alongside processing. 

On 9/21/2021 at 12:29 PM, JunkWaxBreaks said:

Makes sense. (I doubt it, but)I wonder if there is any correlation between those times speeding up and grading speeding up. Considering sending in more if they are significantly increasing the grading capacity alongside processing. 

Their estimated TAT just went from 173 down to 155, as well, so I assume there will be faster grading times coming up. They have been super consistent from what I've seen (anecdotal though, not everyone claims the same experience) so I wouldn't doubt a little quicker time on the cards coming back, which is sweet. 

I know I sent in 4 diff bulk orders about 3 total months apart and they all got entered into the system all within the past two weeks or so, so it looks like their hiring promotions worked!