• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shouldn't three subgrade 9's and one subgrade 7.5 be a CSG 8.5 overall grade?

3 posts in this topic

Just got this card back https://www.csgcards.com/certlookup/1008656002/

I thought as long as the lowest grade is not an 8 or higher, that you could get a 1 grade total bump as long as 2 grades are 1.5 higher and the 3rd grade is 1 higher.  At least that is how it works on the CGC side.  I also know if the lowest grade is an 8, then you can only go .5 higher.

In this case we have a 7.5 low grade, and then 3 grades of 9, which are all 1.5 points higher than the 7.5.  Thus I believe the card should get the full 1 point bump and be a CSG 8.5 grade, not a CSG 8.

Am I correct?

CSG1008656-002_OBV[1].jpg

Edited by Rufuss C. Kingston

Just got this card back https://www.csgcards.com/certlookup/1008656002/

I thought as long as the lowest grade is not an 8 or higher, that you could get a 1 grade total bump as long as 2 grades are 1.5 higher and the 3rd grade is 1 higher.  At least that is how it works on the CGC side.  I also know if the lowest grade is an 8, then you can only go .5 higher.

In this case we have a 7.5 low grade, and then 3 grades of 9, which are all 1.5 points higher than the 7.5.  Thus I believe the card should get the full 1 point bump and be a CSG 8.5 grade, not a CSG 8.

Am I correct?

CSG1008656-002_OBV[2].jpg

i heard they dont go by math of the subgrades but come to an overall grade of the card taking all into consideration for a final grade not sure if I agree with that rationale all i can say is if I get all 10 subs it better be a freakin 10!! ha