• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An important heads up for anyone grading with CSG

15 posts in this topic

If you use the FedEx option for shipping. They put $100 insurance on your order. Nothing more. If you package is lost by FedEx then you can only file a claim for $100 unless you provide your on insurance. But if you request shipment with USPS they will insure your package for the full declared value.  I'm not sure this was always clearly noted on the page before the updated submission form was released, but it is there now. And of course FedEx lost one of my packages with 63 cards in it and CSG wants to file a claim on my behalf for $100.  I used to be the guy always defending CSG, but this fine print screwing me over is the end of it. If they can insure a package with USPS they can insure a package with FedEx.....they just choose not to.

The declared value that you put on the form only comes into account if your cards are lost or damaged while in the possession of CSG. Once they send the cards back to you they claim to have no liability and will only offer you $100 if your order is lost in transit on the way back.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:54 AM, Benjamin Brown said:

Idk....this sounds like a shipper issue not a CSG issue. I always buy my own insurance with FedEx.

The fact that the package was lost was absolutely a FedEx issue, not a CSG issue. Thats correct. But the fact that CSG burries the fact that they only insure FedEx packages for $100 is a CSG issue. If that was made more clear I absolutely wouldn't have selected FedEx for shipment.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:56 PM, bradleyblock said:

The fact that the package was lost was absolutely a FedEx issue, not a CSG issue. Thats correct. But the fact that CSG burries the fact that they only insure FedEx packages for $100 is a CSG issue. If that was made more clear I absolutely wouldn't have selected FedEx for shipment.

First, sorry for your loss, that sucks.  But, the insurance information has never been buried and was clearly present on the old submission form.  You can more or less see it in this old submission video they posted. https://youtu.be/Wz2rG5Jo6YQ?t=278

Well with everyone's comments I guess I must be blind or something, because I absolutely never saw the info about the $100 insurance offered. Until a claims rep sent me a link to a page I'd never seen before.  But luckily that may be a moot point, because it looks like FedEx may have found the package after 10 days missing I got a text this morning that it was picked up and expected to be out for delivery today. So we will see. And thanks Rufuss for the Collectinsure info, signed up last night.

On 9/9/2021 at 6:46 AM, bradleyblock said:

Well with everyone's comments I guess I must be blind or something, because I absolutely never saw the info about the $100 insurance offered. Until a claims rep sent me a link to a page I'd never seen before.  But luckily that may be a moot point, because it looks like FedEx may have found the package after 10 days missing I got a text this morning that it was picked up and expected to be out for delivery today. So we will see. And thanks Rufuss for the Collectinsure info, signed up last night.

I had the same experience but I knew this about FedEx. When I was shipping to CSG the FedEx rep mentioned they don't insure collectible. On the return shippment my package was lost. I think it was 2 weeks after scheduled delivery date that Fedex found my package. It's honestly more off a fedex shipping issue. I do hope you get your cards today.

On 9/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, bradleyblock said:

This is great news if they've found it.

I've had both Fedex and USPS go through similar troubles where I thought the package was lost for up to a month and it eventually turned up.

On 9/9/2021 at 1:52 PM, oluckydayo said:

This is great news if they've found it.

I've had both Fedex and USPS go through similar troubles where I thought the package was lost for up to a month and it eventually turned up.

Yep they did. It was delivered this morning. Even though it worked out this time probably a good lesson for others to learn. I’m sure I’m not the only person that didn’t notice the $100 insurance limit. 

On 9/8/2021 at 8:19 AM, bradleyblock said:

If you use the FedEx option for shipping. They put $100 insurance on your order. Nothing more. If you package is lost by FedEx then you can only file a claim for $100 unless you provide your on insurance. But if you request shipment with USPS they will insure your package for the full declared value.  I'm not sure this was always clearly noted on the page before the updated submission form was released, but it is there now. And of course FedEx lost one of my packages with 63 cards in it and CSG wants to file a claim on my behalf for $100.  I used to be the guy always defending CSG, but this fine print screwing me over is the end of it. If they can insure a package with USPS they can insure a package with FedEx.....they just choose not to.

The declared value that you put on the form only comes into account if your cards are lost or damaged while in the possession of CSG. Once they send the cards back to you they claim to have no liability and will only offer you $100 if your order is lost in transit on the way back.

i literally always buy my own insurance through FedEx and let CSG know about it and it's never been an issue.

Not only that, but their policy on buying your own insurance has been clear and upfront since day 1, and was never buried. Where would they bury it? On some secret webpage? lol

Edited by ne1seenmykeys

On 9/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, bradleyblock said:

damn that sux hope they turn up, i would be devastated but wanted to thank you for bringing up this issue something i was always afraid of and i just learned alot ty hope they find your cards 

I USED THEIR WALKTHROUGH SERVICE AND....

I have had a very expensive card go "missing" on the way back to me, I have been trying to get answers from customer service since NOVEMBER Its now MAY16th.

I PAID and declared the value WHY am i still waiting and getting the run around. They keep telling me their Third Party insurance provider hasn't gotten back to them.

Is this good business ? I'm loosing faith at an alarming rate ! 

I have thousands of cards to be graded and cannot dream of sending another to these guys based on their handling of this.

ANYONE ELSE ?

Edited by Terry Devellano
added information