• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are we with the Pop report?

27 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2021 at 5:04 PM, CGCRyan said:

Hello @T_Rout10,

Thank you for your question. The CSG Census/Population report will be implemented in the next few months. Please note that CSG must gather enough data before launching the Pop Report as we do not want to skew any data.

Will there be a registry to go along with the population report and will that come later?

Why would they want to put out a POP report now? So everyone can see how few 10's they put on cards?? So people can person_without_enough_empathy and complain even more, and then have evidence to what we already know, they are toughest grades in the business??  If I was CSG, I would never release one.  Keep everyone guessing. Also, a seller, does a POP 1 really mean anything when you are selling CSG cards?? No. Heck, I can barely move 9.5 GEM's(smh) or even 10's of CSG stuff. 

On 9/10/2021 at 8:31 AM, KBost33 said:

Why would they want to put out a POP report now? So everyone can see how few 10's they put on cards?? So people can person_without_enough_empathy and complain even more, and then have evidence to what we already know, they are toughest grades in the business??  If I was CSG, I would never release one.  Keep everyone guessing. Also, a seller, does a POP 1 really mean anything when you are selling CSG cards?? No. Heck, I can barely move 9.5 GEM's(smh) or even 10's of CSG stuff. 

I would like the pop report so that we can see that they are the toughest graders officially. I like the slabs and will submit here regardless. Pop report would help to show that 9.5 and the rare 10 are exceptional and help with resale, i dont know. Personally I think it will be good to know what cards people are submitting, and to compare grades. Just my opinion. 

On 9/9/2021 at 5:04 PM, CGCRyan said:

Hello @T_Rout10,

Thank you for your question. The CSG Census/Population report will be implemented in the next few months. Please note that CSG must gather enough data before launching the Pop Report as we do not want to skew any data.

well the best way to get more data is to get cards out faster and not hold them for month and months and months , till CSG feels like getting around to them .

On 9/10/2021 at 9:06 AM, T_Rout10 said:

I would like the pop report so that we can see that they are the toughest graders officially. I like the slabs and will submit here regardless. Pop report would help to show that 9.5 and the rare 10 are exceptional and help with resale, i dont know. Personally I think it will be good to know what cards people are submitting, and to compare grades. Just my opinion. 

The guy you responded to is a very widely known troll on this site, and his existence, it seems, is to eat, sleep and criticize CSG lol. 

Just don't even mind him if he responds to you. He is the most negative nancy I have ever seen and serves no purpose on this board other than to cause negative reactions towards a company that doesn't do everything the way he wants 100%. 

On 9/13/2021 at 5:24 AM, Rob420 said:

well the best way to get more data is to get cards out faster and not hold them for month and months and months , till CSG feels like getting around to them .

If you are going to make extraordinary claims then you need to present extraordinary evidence that CSG is in fast holding cards "till they feel like it." 

Do you understand data sets? Data points? Skewing data and what's involved with that? 

If not, then I suggest you sit this one out and leave your Anti-CSG-Fan-Club business card on another board. 

On 9/13/2021 at 12:20 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

If you are going to make extraordinary claims then you need to present extraordinary evidence that CSG is in fast holding cards "till they feel like it." 

Do you understand data sets? Data points? Skewing data and what's involved with that? 

If not, then I suggest you sit this one out and leave your Anti-CSG-Fan-Club business card on another board. 

I dont need to prove anything , read the chat boards its all over the place . and ill say whatever i want about my experences use CSG services . 

On 9/13/2021 at 9:57 AM, Rob420 said:

I dont need to prove anything , read the chat boards its all over the place . and ill say whatever i want about my experences use CSG services . 

I understand that you can and will say anything you want about CSG, but I'm going to explain to you how the real world works. 

If YOU are the one making a claim, then YOU have to be one that proves that claim, or else WE get to come on here and tell you how stupid it is that you are making unsubstantiated claims. 

Furthermore, just bc others are having delays, also, doesn't mean that CSG is doing what you claimed, "holding them until they feel like it." 

So, again, go ahead and say any and everything you want, but just know that once you do others are going to ask for proof of your claims, and "just look at other posts on here" doesn't prove a GD thing except to show others how comically inept you are at using logic and avoiding fallacies. 

On 9/13/2021 at 9:57 AM, Rob420 said:

I received two submissions of a standard order back within one month. My experience has been great for my first two subs. I would have been fine waiting the full estimated time. I have no issue with CSG, I just sent in several more cards to be graded again as I feel the slabs here are some of the best. 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:30 AM, T_Rout10 said:

I received two submissions of a standard order back within one month. My experience has been great for my first two subs. I would have been fine waiting the full estimated time. I have no issue with CSG, I just sent in several more cards to be graded again as I feel the slabs here are some of the best. 

standard and bulk are two different turn around times 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:49 AM, Rob420 said:

standard and bulk are two different turn around times 

I understand that. All i was saying was that the turnaround times here are not that bad. Yeah bulk I get, but you paid to send in 50+ cards to be graded. Of course that will take longer.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, CGCRyan said:

@Shockmaster CSG does have plans for a registry down the road.  I will post any updates on the Pop Report and Set Registry as I get them.  

As a wrestling fan myself, I like your Chat Board handle!

Will the registry be the same format as the other Collectors Society registries?

On 9/16/2021 at 8:55 AM, CGCRyan said:

@Shockmaster

Right now there has been no details revealed in regards to the upcoming registry.  I will post any updates or information as soon as I receive them. Thank you.

Well, I hope you guys go with the Collectors Society registry format. I think it's the most concise, competitive and fun registry out there.