• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disappointed.

36 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2021 at 3:52 PM, tmoore_25 said:

Maybe you should trim it and send it back. I'm kidding of course.

Do you suggest a scissors, brand new razor blade, or a good fold then tear? :grin:  

2 hours ago, Greg Christiansen said:

I don't even touch my cards with my bare hands...much less inspect them bare handed like this guy in the photo. This better not be an actual photo....wtf

Grading.GIF

Helps if you eat fried chicken or bacon first before touching the face of the card.

On 3/27/2021 at 7:58 PM, cookfish1 said:

My 89 UD Junior card came back ungraded.  They slapped a sticker "OVERSIZED" on the penny sleeve but still charged me full price.  Considering that I sent it in Express with a Jeter rookie, I wasn't happy.  At least when PSA gave me the "MINSIZE" error on the Jeter, they waived the fee.  

CSG does not charge for SU cards. They only charge if you try to sneak an altered card by them. 

The reason why most cards are being returned is because of the size. Even a tiny bit bigger than a normal card, it won't fit the slab. It is not an accusation or anything like that. We just have to wait until they get the slabs that fit bigger cards which should be some time this month. This happens with vintage cards, 89 upper deck and foil coated cards. I feel it should/would be refunded as there isn't any info on the site about these cards. I got this information about the size issues directly from CSG. So hold off on sending those cards in until May or send them Economy to make sure they get the proper slabs in April. 

Edited by Sports Cards Review

On 3/27/2021 at 2:38 PM, TheRealKyleMcC said:

So there are You Tube videos that others have done where their 1989 Griffey's from Upper Deck have been returned as SU?  I did not think this particular card or set was of a different size.

The sets are not of different size. It's just that quality control in the late 80s was absolute dog. I feel like anyone who is grading cards should know that beforehand, honestly. 

The dimensions of the cards they accept is printed plainly on their website. You have to measure old cards you are sending in bc there is a minimum and maximum size they go by and bc it's measured with their AI I assume it is to the nth degree also. 

1 minute ago, Erik Mattson said:

Glad to see they are stringent on sizing as this is the reason I trust them with authentication.   My old eyes can’t see and don’t care if my nice looking cards rate 8,9, or 10.  Authenticity and unaltered is what I am after in the grading process. 

Undersized I'd understand, but oversized is annoying.

I received a 2020 Topps Chrome Sapphire parallel card back with the "oversized" notation.  I was charged for grading the card, but when I called customer service I was told the charge would be refunded or credited back to my account for future grading charges.  Check your final billing and give them a call if you were charged for a card that was rejected as oversized.  

Edited by 1southpawinkc

On 5/7/2021 at 3:38 PM, 1southpawinkc said:

I received a 2020 Topps Chrome Sapphire parallel card back with the "oversized" notation.  I was charged for grading the card, but when I called customer service I was told the charge would be refunded or credited back to my account for future grading charges.  Check your final billing and give them a call if you were charged for a card that was rejected as oversized.  

They told me it would go back to my card, but ended up as a credit. So watch out for that as well.