• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opening packages from week of May 3rd?

22 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2021 at 6:31 PM, Webster3pup said:

Turnaround times has indicated forever that packages received the week of May 3rd are being opened.  Is that accurate?

The time it takes for submissions to move through the systems depends on the volume of submissions in house and the tiers of those submissions. For example, items for WalkThrough have a quicker estimated turn time and will take priority over other tiers with longer estimated turn times. A large volume of submissions for the priority tiers like Walk Through and Express, will impact the turn time for tiers with longer estimated turn times.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:46 AM, Webster3pup said:

I understand all that.  But my question is: is the website accurate that they are still opening packages from May 3rd?  I'm not really concerned with how long it's taking, I just want confirmation from CSG that they have my cards.  

I called their cust service yesterday and asked essentially the same thing, and was told that yes it's correct, which seems like the case bc I have some cards sent in just after that date and they still aren't showing up in my account quite yet. 

On 8/30/2021 at 4:28 PM, iam12fear said:

The end of April was when they bumped up the pricing, so it stands to reason that early May saw more than the normal amount of submissions from people sending in cards before the price increase. The first couple of weeks for May might take a while.

Yup, makes total sense this week of submissions will take so long.  They had to have had a HUGE surge because they announced the cutoff date of 28 April or something, so anything arriving first week of May has most of the old $8 bulk orders.

On 8/30/2021 at 1:36 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

I called their cust service yesterday and asked essentially the same thing, and was told that yes it's correct, which seems like the case bc I have some cards sent in just after that date and they still aren't showing up in my account quite yet. 

whats the matter keys, is someone getting a little concerned about their cards? LMAO

@Lfgo Card Breaks not with this company , they could care less how long they hold your cards till they get graded . I stopped sending cards to CSG till they get ahold of turn around times better and slab sales go up , most slabs ive seen for sale ,sell for less then it cost to grade them and thats a bad sign for any company . The lies CSG give customers and extra charges for everything is a joke . I understand they are getting lots of cards in every day but to hold customers cards hostage like they are and only honoring the current turn around time and not what the times were when cards were sent to them is a spit in customers faces and its a form of the bait and switch . If CSg can get it together and pick up turn around times and not charge for everything that would help but untill them CSG isnt an option 

On 9/4/2021 at 4:36 AM, Lerxst said:

whats the matter keys, is someone getting a little concerned about their cards? LMAO

Are you a child? No, I am not getting nervous about my cards. Why would I?

I, like everyone else sending in to CSG, sent in a bunch of cards in the month of May so I fully expect that particular backlog to take them forever, and I never send in more cards than I can financially handle. 

Seriously, that was such a weird reply. "ArE yOu GeTtInG nErVoUs?" when I was simply answering the guy's question lmao.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Are you a child? No, I am not getting nervous about my cards. Why would I?

I, like everyone else sending in to CSG, sent in a bunch of cards in the month of May so I fully expect that particular backlog to take them forever, and I never send in more cards than I can financially handle. 

Seriously, that was such a weird reply. "ArE yOu GeTtInG nErVoUs?" when I was simply answering the guy's question lmao.

Wow what are you smoking? I didnt even post what youre claiming I did. Maybe time for a good eye exam LOL

On 9/8/2021 at 8:16 AM, Rob420 said:

@Lfgo Card Breaks not with this company , they could care less how long they hold your cards till they get graded . I stopped sending cards to CSG till they get ahold of turn around times better and slab sales go up , most slabs ive seen for sale ,sell for less then it cost to grade them and thats a bad sign for any company . The lies CSG give customers and extra charges for everything is a joke . I understand they are getting lots of cards in every day but to hold customers cards hostage like they are and only honoring the current turn around time and not what the times were when cards were sent to them is a spit in customers faces and its a form of the bait and switch . If CSg can get it together and pick up turn around times and not charge for everything that would help but untill them CSG isnt an option 

You are absolutely correct that the value of CSG slabs are well below the grading cost. I just found that out the hard way. Never again

On 9/28/2021 at 8:10 PM, Lerxst said:

You are absolutely correct that the value of CSG slabs are well below the grading cost. I just found that out the hard way. Never again

im gonna just have to wait for all my other subs to come back and honestly ima crack a lot of my 9.5s and resub them elsewhere . 

Edited by Rob420

On 9/28/2021 at 8:10 PM, Lerxst said:

What are you grading and at what tier? Certainly you will have issues if your sending in ultra modern. I have had no issue moving popular GOATS and vintage cards for competitive prices. 

On 9/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, Lerxst said:

Buyer's dream! With the Blackstone acquisition and already established partnership with Fanatics, the future is bright for CSG. They're the only grading company positioned to compete with PSA in the long term (5+ years from now). That's not great now for flippers, but too damn bad.