• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY "customer service"

6 posts in this topic

Warning and request for help:

I purchased a presell case of Topps Pro Debut Hobby boxes on EBAY for $800 on April 17th... later in April, the mid May release date was postponed until August 25th.  When that happened, I messaged the seller to confirm the intent to sell despite the delay.  They confirmed.  Today (august 24) I attempted to message the seller about the timeline for the transaction.  However, I found they are no longer registered on EBAY.  So, I have no way to contact the seller.  I contacted EBAY via chat, email, and phone.  They continue to quote me the 30 day policy and tell me I have no recourse through them to recoup my $800... They even suggested I contact the seller.  I responded, "yes," but I will need their contact information which you are hiding from me.  I begged them to respond to this question: how can you have a 30 day refund policy while allowing advertised transaction to delivery spreads of 120 days? I asked them to explain what I should have done differently... I asked them if I should I filed a complaint against a seller and requested a refund 80 days before the delivery of the item was due? They refused to answer and continued to quote the 30 day policy.  Then, the customer service agent hung up on me and has, apparently, blocked me from being able to access the customer service department through their help chat or phone.  Can anyone offer suggestions? Has anyone been through something similar? I can't believe how EBAY is conducting business.

I assume you paid with PayPal or a credit card? If so, just skip the eBay nonsense and do a chargeback through PayPal or your credit card. For presells, after 30 days eBay couldn't care less. With a delay that long, the seller should have refunded your money and relisted closer to the new release date.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:14 AM, johnhal said:

I purchased a presell case of Topps Pro Debut Hobby boxes on EBAY for $800 on April 17th... later in April, the mid May release date was postponed until August 25th.  When that happened, I messaged the seller to confirm the intent to sell despite the delay.  They confirmed.  Today (august 24) I attempted to message the seller about the timeline for the transaction.  However, I found they are no longer registered on EBAY.  So, I have no way to contact the seller.  I contacted EBAY via chat, email, and phone.  They continue to quote me the 30 day policy and tell me I have no recourse through them to recoup my $800... They even suggested I contact the seller.  I responded, "yes," but I will need their contact information which you are hiding from me.  I begged them to respond to this question: how can you have a 30 day refund policy while allowing advertised transaction to delivery spreads of 120 days? I asked them to explain what I should have done differently... I asked them if I should I filed a complaint against a seller and requested a refund 80 days before the delivery of the item was due? They refused to answer and continued to quote the 30 day policy.  Then, the customer service agent hung up on me and has, apparently, blocked me from being able to access the customer service department through their help chat or phone.  Can anyone offer suggestions? Has anyone been through something similar? I can't believe how EBAY is conducting business.

this story is scaring me!! i just bought a few hundred dollar card and the seller hasnt shipped or responded well over a week,  i tried to call ebay they have no customer service everytime i try n get help through assistence they say contact the seller who is MIA am I just gonna get burned, wheres my money, the seller could be dead what happens to my loot 🤬🤬

On 1/19/2022 at 10:48 PM, Schmee said:

this story is scaring me!! i just bought a few hundred dollar card and the seller hasnt shipped or responded well over a week,  i tried to call ebay they have no customer service everytime i try n get help through assistence they say contact the seller who is MIA am I just gonna get burned, wheres my money, the seller could be dead what happens to my loot 🤬🤬

Just file a claim with ebay if you don't get the product. Look at the item in your purchase history and hit "More Actions".  You'll see what to do.  Don't call ebay or use chat, just file the claim. 

On 8/24/2021 at 7:14 PM, johnhal said:

1) Dispute the charge through PayPal. Show them the eBay "We don't care" correspondence. Give it a week. If no resolution...

2) Dispute with CC. There is a time limit, if you pay off your bill in full monthly.

Dispute with CC. One of the online card shops tried this with me and were going to hold several boxes until some of my pre-sell stuff was ready to ship together. I mentioned the CC agreement was 30 days for items in stock and they shipped immediately. eBay should have the same agreement in order to accept Visa, MC etc.