• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Expecting a whole lot more

27 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2021 at 10:55 PM, Wade McCurdy said:

Just had a 1998 Kobe Bryant Kick Start sell for $110.00 It was a 9.5 grade with a sub 10

Two Beckett 9.5's sold for $253 and $288 recently. Even a PSA 9 sold for $150+

I expected some difference, but not to this extent

Did you do an auction or fixed price?  I would assume it being a CSG slab that people might not necessarily searching for that and would get a significantly lower price than expected.  On non PSA or BGS slabs i would sell by fixed price.  Ive found i usually get better sales price doing it this way.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:38 AM, Ryan Klupt said:

Did you do an auction or fixed price?  I would assume it being a CSG slab that people might not necessarily searching for that and would get a significantly lower price than expected.  On non PSA or BGS slabs i would sell by fixed price.  Ive found i usually get better sales price doing it this way.

This is the key right here.   It is a huge mistake to list something with lesser brand recognition as an auction and expect it to fetch anywhere near what the leaders (PSA/BGS) are currently.

People need to be listing CSG as auctions, with the value set for the CARD, not the grader.   Dictate the market on these cards, and people will find them once they become more readily available. 

I seen csg 9.5's and csg 10s selling for equal too or more then psa its not super common but with the right cards people will pay, even wit csg 9's im sure dudes are thinkin ill buy a csg 9 crack it and try n get a psa 10 for top value, csg values are going up, when psa comes back and turn around times improve for csg itll be exciting what happens with grading 

I remember seeing the same talk about SGC.  They are not as good as PSA or Beckett!  My Resale!  My Resale!  Now over time the have significantly closed the gap as everyone flooded them when Beckett and PSA shut down.  I expect the same from CGS.  if you are looking to flip your graded cards they may not be for you.

If you are able to hold onto your graded cards and give CGS the time to close the gap you will make your money.  

On 8/26/2021 at 12:59 PM, jsrva said:

They are also getting some decent shine on social media lately from Hobby influencers.

that card looks great in a csg slab i been picking up alot of green refractors to match csg, i like green refractors anyway there almost always serial numbered which means low pop count for me 

On 8/25/2021 at 3:53 PM, nbuff52 said:

CSG is doing everything right in terms of grading (turnaround times etc. are another matter).  Their slabs are the best in hand, and yet look the worst on a desktop or mobile.  PSA is very entrenched and it will take a long time for anyone to catch up.  But CSG is grading fairly, maybe even a bit too tough, and then putting your card in the best quality slab.  And then they are selling for barely above raw lol.  It makes no sense, but here we are.  The only way for all prices to rise on CSG slabs is if a bunch of 10s go for big money, but there is no market being set because the 10s are so scarce.  And maybe, MAYBE, the flip looks a little clunky with no subgrades on it.  Sorry, I'm all over the place here.  So bottom line: smart money is buying up cheap CSG slabs now for long term hold (for the investors). Quick flips is for SGC.  PSA and BGS are a sh!tshow and yet will remain #1 and 2 for the foreseeable future.  HGA is a joke, and yet if they go to just being a custom slab company (and not a grading company) they may come out looking like the smartest people in the hobby. End diatribe 

i think sgc is terrible for flipping they been around a while and there slabs still sell for dog, whats that say bout sgc i think when psa comes back there done and csg values gonna surpass them, only reason sgc is still going now is desperation of flippers who need to move cards fast but taking big hits, csg values on good cards arent that bad for new company at all, csg 9.5s n 10s are climbing fast, its already a presence on ebay with csg slabs more prevalant every week, ill take that new fcg over sgc but fcg is lacking is security of there slabs no bar codes no security feature but really tufff graders 

On 8/26/2021 at 12:59 PM, jsrva said:

They are also getting some decent shine on social media lately from Hobby influencers.

yeah alot of you tubers loyal to csg which is good for increasing value and there starting to grade more high end cards then the early reveals