• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schedule for grading

73 posts in this topic

Shipped one order 4/8, delivered by USPS 4/13, marked as Received 6/23, Scheduled for grading last week and I'm guessing it will be sitting  in that status for another month or two.  

Second order shipped 5/3, delivered by USPS 5/7 and hasn't been marked as Received or entered into system yet. 

I submitted with expectation that turn around would be 1 year.  Anything less and that will be a bonus.  It looks like I might get first order back around 6 months turn around.  I won't be surprised if my order from May takes a year

On 8/19/2021 at 12:46 PM, Pachuli420 said:

Sent my bulk in on April 26, it was received July or June actually. It gives me a order number and submission number, but have seen no movement in around 60 days. 

thats pathetic.. this company is a JOKE!

On 8/19/2021 at 4:10 PM, CardCollector77 said:

I have a Standard order that was delivered by USPS on 4/29, marked as received 7/22 with no movement since. This is a Standard order that was a 30 day turnaround when delivered, I am now on business day "80" and still waiting. LOL absolute joke!  

On 8/19/2021 at 10:37 AM, rms13 said:

Shipped one order 4/8, delivered by USPS 4/13, marked as Received 6/23, Scheduled for grading last week and I'm guessing it will be sitting  in that status for another month or two.  

Second order shipped 5/3, delivered by USPS 5/7 and hasn't been marked as Received or entered into system yet. 

I submitted with expectation that turn around would be 1 year.  Anything less and that will be a bonus.  It looks like I might get first order back around 6 months turn around.  I won't be surprised if my order from May takes a year

It won't take a year, guaranteed. Their turnaround times, even at 200 days or whatever crazy number it was, isn't a year. 

I have received two orders back from them, both in 4-5 months, and it was not too long over their estimated TAT

On 8/19/2021 at 2:12 PM, Lerxst said:

Contact the BBB!

Dude you are such an over-reactionary shill. It clearly says on their website that their TATs are merely an estimate. You and the others freaking out on here with "CaLl ThE BbB" are patently absurd and you're acting as if your life savings is depending on getting these cards back. Don't send in cards you can't be without jfc. 

On 8/19/2021 at 4:27 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Dude you are such an over-reactionary shill. It clearly says on their website that their TATs are merely an estimate. You and the others freaking out on here with "CaLl ThE BbB" are patently absurd and you're acting as if your life savings is depending on getting these cards back. Don't send in cards you can't be without jfc. 

I contacted the BBB and my order was delivered to my house in about 2 weeks… just sayin… Overreacting is where it’s at guys! By the way, what’s a shill??

On 8/19/2021 at 4:53 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Dude read the submissions on the BBB page - https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/sarasota/profile/sports-cards/csg-cards-0653-90402207/complaints

The people making the submissions are about two IQ points away from being functionally illiterate. The way you and others on this board talk you make it seem like everything is 100% CSG's fault, they're messing up left and right, etc and then you look at the actual complaints and you notice they're from people who are lucky to tie their own GD shoelaces together, much less fill out a submission form and mail it in correctly. 

Look at the 2nd submission in particular. The customer was originally given an 80-day TAT, but sometime after they were told 80 days CSG changed their TAT to 154 days, so the guy FREAKED OUT and called the BBB and made that barely legible post when in the end CSG literally GOT THE ORDER BACK TO HIM WITHIN THE ORIGINALLY STATED TIME OF 80 DAYS.

You and all the other reactionary lemmings on here need to just go with another grading company, plain and simple. If you are so unhappy with a company that you are calling the BBB then get off these boards and go with another company. Seeing nothing but your negativity on here is really a bummer when other people are trying to actually learn about the hobby, as opposed to coming on here and just constantly whining about your own poor choices.  

Yes, let’s just leave these poor grading companies alone. You know damn well most forum boards are for people trying to get answers for an issue they are dealing with. When that doesn’t get resolved (due to scripted responses that contain no answers, or no answers at all) it becomes a forum for dumping on the company. You must work for CSG by the way you troll these boards sticking up for this company. The way I see it, you and I are bent over a barrel, the grading companies are behind us, and you’re screaming in my face “WHY DONT YOU LIKE THIS!?!” If you don’t like the negativity, you’re definitely in the wrong place buddy, settle down.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, Warner85 said:

Yes, let’s just leave these poor grading companies alone. You know damn well most forum boards are for people trying to get answers for an issue they are dealing with. When that doesn’t get resolved (due to scripted responses that contain no answers, or no answers at all) it becomes a forum for dumping on the company. You must work for CSG by the way you troll these boards sticking up for this company. The way I see it, you and I are bent over a barrel, the grading companies are behind us, and you’re screaming in my face “WHY DONT YOU LIKE THIS!?!” If you don’t like the negativity, you’re definitely in the wrong place buddy, settle down.

Well said! He definitely either works for them or is a plant.. no question about it!!

On 8/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, Warner85 said:

Yes, let’s just leave these poor grading companies alone. You know damn well most forum boards are for people trying to get answers for an issue they are dealing with. When that doesn’t get resolved (due to scripted responses that contain no answers, or no answers at all) it becomes a forum for dumping on the company. You must work for CSG by the way you troll these boards sticking up for this company. The way I see it, you and I are bent over a barrel, the grading companies are behind us, and you’re screaming in my face “WHY DONT YOU LIKE THIS!?!” If you don’t like the negativity, you’re definitely in the wrong place buddy, 

Anyone with the childlike mentality of calling the BBB and/or complaining on here needs to go. Those with a whiny, self-entitled attitude can take their business elsewhere. 

Edited by Shockmaster

On 8/19/2021 at 4:35 PM, Warner85 said:

You've got it completely wrong. I send ONLY cards I can live without, so even it took a freaking year to get back to me I simply don't care. 

I also try my best to live my life with logic and common sense, and bc I've been in the hobby for almost three decades I know the ins and outs of these grading companies, so having to wait past their, again, ESTIMATED turnaround time is something that I have come to expect, especially during times like this that has seen unrivaled growth. 

To me and others on the board, it's clear that you know nothing about how legalities work, how businesses work, etc. 

I have said from the beginning that I think CSG has a LOT to improve on, and some of their rollout has been downright farsical (losing everyone's CC#s for example - what a joke), but that doesn't mean that I also don't understand the context of the time that they went public with their grading venture, which happened to coincide with PSA's closing their doors to everything except their $300 tier (at the time). There is just no physical way for a company that is JUST starting out to be able to handle the type of volume they have seen since PSA closed its doors. That is NOT making excuses for them - that is over 25 years in business for myself speaking. 

Can CSG improve? Yes. A lot. They are leaving TONS of money on the table, for example, by not grading any non-sports cards other than the two they do right now. 

But does that mean I'm going to throw a hissy fit and call the BBB on them when they haven't even had a chance to iron out all their problems? No, bc I'm an adult. 

The only two problems I've had with them I called their customer service and they were able to fix both problems within ten minutes of my calling.  

On 8/19/2021 at 6:15 PM, Lerxst said:

Well said! He definitely either works for them or is a plant.. no question about it!!

I'm just going to copy/paste what I told the other guy. You are The Absolute Worst, btw. 

You've got it completely wrong. I send ONLY cards I can live without, so even it took a freaking year to get back to me I simply don't care. 

I also try my best to live my life with logic and common sense, and bc I've been in the hobby for almost three decades I know the ins and outs of these grading companies, so having to wait past their, again, ESTIMATED turnaround time is something that I have come to expect, especially during times like this that has seen unrivaled growth. 

To me and others on the board, it's clear that you know nothing about how legalities work, how businesses work, etc. 

I have said from the beginning that I think CSG has a LOT to improve on, and some of their rollout has been downright farsical (losing everyone's CC#s for example - what a joke), but that doesn't mean that I also don't understand the context of the time that they went public with their grading venture, which happened to coincide with PSA's closing their doors to everything except their $300 tier (at the time). There is just no physical way for a company that is JUST starting out to be able to handle the type of volume they have seen since PSA closed its doors. That is NOT making excuses for them - that is over 25 years in business for myself speaking. 

Can CSG improve? Yes. A lot. They are leaving TONS of money on the table, for example, by not grading any non-sports cards other than the two they do right now. 

But does that mean I'm going to throw a hissy fit and call the BBB on them when they haven't even had a chance to iron out all their problems? No, bc I'm an adult. 

The only two problems I've had with them I called their customer service and they were able to fix both problems within ten minutes of my calling. 

On 8/20/2021 at 10:31 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Exactly how can you lecture anybody on how businesses work and still think it’s acceptable for how this company has been handling this situation? Do you actually think it’s acceptable to extend completion times 3x (or more) than the initial estimate because of choosing to take in more orders knowing full well you can’t handle them? I know about scheduling and production and I would have lost clients by now (which they will, whenever people receive their first order back) Exactly what money are they leaving on the table? That TABLE collapsed months ago. They are processing payments for orders they aren’t even working on. They are advancing the status of orders to show progress and to get paid. I don’t think this company is missing out on any MONEY.

I will admit there was no way to know or anticipate the influx of orders but that does not mean there hasn’t been a remedy. You know damn well they could have drastically raised prices to curb the influx of orders or shut down like PSA did or stop accepting bulk orders, anything. Just look at SGC. Do you think that once they hit a one year TAT that it’s safe for everyone on here to start complaining about turnaround times? Should we let it get to that point? The slight lateness for turnaround times people are complaining about here is ridiculous but the vast majority of people are in the same boat. People that submitted in March and April with a 30-40 day turnaround time (don’t care if it’s estimated) that are still waiting on orders to be processed as CSG continue to take orders in. Have you ever thought that maybe the state of the hobby is still in that state because of people like you that accept this as the norm? 

You need to start thinking in generalities, not just your own personal experience. I’m glad you had your couple issues corrected within 10 minutes, but that is not the case for a large amount of people on these forums.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, Warner85 said:

Exactly how can you lecture anybody on how businesses work and still think it’s acceptable for how this company has been handling this situation? Do you actually think it’s acceptable to extend completion times 3x (or more) than the initial estimate because of choosing to take in more orders knowing full well you can’t handle them? I know about scheduling and production and I would have lost clients by now (which they will, whenever people receive their first order back) Exactly what money are they leaving on the table? That TABLE collapsed months ago. They are processing payments for orders they aren’t even working on. They are advancing the status of orders to show progress and to get paid. I don’t think this company is missing out on any MONEY.

I will admit there was no way to know or anticipate the influx of orders but that does not mean there hasn’t been a remedy. You know damn well they could have drastically raised prices to curb the influx of orders or shut down like PSA did or stop accepting bulk orders, anything. Just look at SGC. Do you think that once they hit a one year TAT that it’s safe for everyone on here to start complaining about turnaround times? Should we let it get to that point? The slight lateness for turnaround times people are complaining about here is ridiculous but the vast majority of people are in the same boat. People that submitted in March and April with a 30-40 day turnaround time (don’t care if it’s estimated) that are still waiting on orders to be processed as CSG continue to take orders in. Have you ever thought that maybe the state of the hobby is still in that state because of people like you that accept this as the norm? 

You need to start thinking in generalities, not just your own personal experience. I’m glad you had your couple issues corrected within 10 minutes, but that is not the case for a large amount of people on these forums.

Well said. There's no possible way that anyone could have such a glowing outlook on this company right now. You were spot on on every point. Once again, what appears to be the obvious to most normal people is not for others. go figure

On 8/19/2021 at 2:25 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

It won't take a year, guaranteed. Their turnaround times, even at 200 days or whatever crazy number it was, isn't a year. 

I have received two orders back from them, both in 4-5 months, and it was not too long over their estimated TAT

But I’m sure times are going up.  Opening group submission and then raising the prices caused a mad rush to submit. So I’m sure turn around will be progressively longer 

PSA was at 1 year turn around for a while and I think they were a lot more prepared to handle the submission volume than CSG was. 

Edited by rms13

Some of these posts are laughable. Has anyone called a restaurant to see what the wait times and the restaurant said there's no wait. But by the time you get there, there's at least a 45 minute wait because by the time you called and the time you got to the restaurant, there was a large influx of customers that came in. Do you go to another restaurant or do you wait?

That's what happened to CSG. If you can't wait that long, then stop the whining and go some place else. 

On 8/23/2021 at 11:40 AM, Shockmaster said:

Some of these posts are laughable. Has anyone called a restaurant to see what the wait times and the restaurant said there's no wait. But by the time you get there, there's at least a 45 minute wait because by the time you called and the time you got to the restaurant, there was a large influx of customers that came in. Do you go to another restaurant or do you wait?

That's what happened to CSG. If you can't wait that long, then stop the whining and go some place else. 

That’s why people make a reservation, same as placing an order. They get priority to people that come in afterwards. Placing your csg order should be like making a reservation, where you should be served before people just showing up and they would have to wait, or in most cases after seeing the new TAT, leave. Nice analogy, but try again.