• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schedule for grading

73 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 1:29 PM, Shockmaster said:

You need to get over yourself and realize you're not the only person who submitted cards. There were a ton of customers at the same time you sent in cards. Maybe you should have used a higher tier if you wanted your cards back sooner.

That would actually be why I went with economy for 41 cards instead of finding 50 for a bulk order when I could have saved money you bleeding insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

You left the word ESTIMATED out of your last response though. I’m very proud of you 👍 

On 8/30/2021 at 6:40 PM, FAdmiral said:

Dude, why are you getting so bent out of shape? Do you work at CSG or have some other financial or personal stake in this company? If you slowed down for just a second, you'd realize that we agree on most of the points I was talking about. The one thing we don't agree on, you never really addressed. Context is great and that explains why CSG got slammed, but I am not surprised that they got slammed at all. In fact, I think they encouraged it, charging $8 a card to grade was the cheapest in the business and people obviously gave them a lot of business. Again, we agree up to this point. What people are upset about is the lack of transparency, and like YOU affirmed, it probably would have been a good idea to limit submissions whether by stopping them outright, raising prices until they can catch up or something. Like you said, CSG is just watching the TAT rise to insane levels and not doing anything about it. That's why people are getting upset. Put yourself in their shoes, you submitted a bulk order and you get quoted a time to get your cards back and that date slips by entire factors not just by a couple of days. For whatever the reason, whether financial, personal, sentimental or even if you just want your cards back, they are all valid reasons to hold CSG to task for doing something about all these orders. You are going to say, "then you shouldn't submit any cards if you can't live without them". My response is it isn't about the cards themselves, it's about the service you are receiving and paying good money for. I will refer you to my original post where I said I don't care what the TAT is, I care about how close we get to hitting it. If you don't care how long those cards take to get back to you, then great. However, for you to sit back and criticize people for getting upset is a little disingenuous to put it nicely. I am more than happy to discuss my view point and defend it's merits but if you look at this forum, you'll see that there are a lot more unhappy people here than people that are happy. That alone should tell you that something is not right here.

im thinking the guy who lost his keys definitely must work for them or is being paid to troll the message boards to try and counter all the negative posts.. has to be.. theres no other explanation.. you are spot on with all your points btw.. its the lack of transparency that is really the worst part of all this.. when PSA got jammed up they atleast had one of their customer service people go on their Facebook page to try and explain to pissed off customers what was going on. its the little things that make a big difference. at least you knew they were genuinely concerned about the customer. these guys yeah not so much. they are good at copying and pasting from scripts but thats about it.. ok Dellberto go ahead and put your laughing emoji up.. i'll wait

On 8/31/2021 at 8:35 PM, Lerxst said:

im thinking the guy who lost his keys definitely must work for them or is being paid to troll the message boards to try and counter all the negative posts.. has to be.. theres no other explanation.. you are spot on with all your points btw.. its the lack of transparency that is really the worst part of all this.. when PSA got jammed up they atleast had one of their customer service people go on their Facebook page to try and explain to pissed off customers what was going on. its the little things that make a big difference. at least you knew they were genuinely concerned about the customer. these guys yeah not so much. they are good at copying and pasting from scripts but thats about it.. ok Dellberto go ahead and put your laughing emoji up.. i'll wait

I was late, sorry to make you wait so long. My laughing emoji got stuck in encapsulation.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:57 AM, Warner85 said:

Please check to make sure the TAT hasn’t changed before accusing CSG of getting your emoji stuck in GEI, thank you. Please remember TATs are estimated also.

I guarantee whoever's poor managerial skills that got us here doesn't have their check stuck in GEI or an "estimated" time frame on their pay day.

Does any company have more data analytics in the business world than Amazon?  Maybe, but they no doubt are at or near the top.  Yet their website crashed on Amazon Prime Day 2018.  They had all analytics available and still crashed.  What data analytics did CSG have available?  Best guess analytics?  Remember Ellen's Oscar 'selfie' crashed Twitter?  I believe there is no way CSG could have estimated/anticipated the amount of volume they have received.  I sent a 50 card bulk submission to CSG last month - how many 1,000's of others did the same since CSG started?   I also believe that all the grading companies are having serious issues with employee shortage.  It's like a perfect storm - much to the chagrin of the customer.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:20 AM, golfshibby3 said:

Has anybody here worked at one of these grading companies? 

All of the moderators work there now. So answer would be yes, to your question. That's why we are in the ASK CSG spot. :) they will answer your basic questions, but won't go to far behind the curtain. 

On 9/8/2021 at 8:52 PM, Shockmaster said:

Now I have a shipping date of tomorrow!!

If your cards shipped out today, did you receive any email or tracking number right away? Mine have been in shipped status all day but I’ve received no notification.

On 9/9/2021 at 4:30 PM, Warner85 said:

If your cards shipped out today, did you receive any email or tracking number right away? Mine have been in shipped status all day but I’ve received no notification.

I did get a tracking number in my email. There was no link for the number. I had to look on the attachment that came with the email to get the tracking number.

On 9/9/2021 at 11:19 AM, KBost33 said:

All of the moderators work there now. So answer would be yes, to your question. That's why we are in the ASK CSG spot. :) they will answer your basic questions, but won't go to far behind the curtain. 

they dont really response as they dont care what customers really have to say .