• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schedule for grading

73 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2021 at 3:18 PM, Warner85 said:

That’s why people make a reservation, same as placing an order. They get priority to people that come in afterwards. Placing your csg order should be like making a reservation, where you should be served before people just showing up and they would have to wait, or in most cases after seeing the new TAT, leave. Nice analogy, but try again. 

That's why they say turnaround times are an estimate. There is nothing there that says they are definite and there is nothing on the website saying you will be locked in these turnaround times. 

So you sir, try again.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:40 PM, Shockmaster said:

Some of these posts are laughable. Has anyone called a restaurant to see what the wait times and the restaurant said there's no wait. But by the time you get there, there's at least a 45 minute wait because by the time you called and the time you got to the restaurant, there was a large influx of customers that came in. Do you go to another restaurant or do you wait?

That's what happened to CSG. If you can't wait that long, then stop the whining and go some place else. 

How could the company not see this happening though? They literally watched it happen with every other company and yet did nothing. I don't think people are necessarily whining they are just expressing an opinion and wanting  services that they paid for with this company. I mean if I watch you and three other people fall on a wet floor, then I fall on the same floor knowing its obviously slippery then I deserve to fail.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:00 PM, Shockmaster said:

That's why they say turnaround times are an estimate. There is nothing there that says they are definite and there is nothing on the website saying you will be locked in these turnaround times. 

So you sir, try again.

For people that keep falling back on the word ESTIMATE  (just like the company does to avoid responsibility) even when it’s 4x there initial estimate, there really is no point.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:18 PM, Warner85 said:

That’s why people make a reservation, same as placing an order. They get priority to people that come in afterwards. Placing your csg order should be like making a reservation, where you should be served before people just showing up and they would have to wait, or in most cases after seeing the new TAT, leave. Nice analogy, but try again. 

thank you!

On 8/23/2021 at 4:43 PM, Warner85 said:

For people that keep falling back on the word ESTIMATE  (just like the company does to avoid responsibility) even when it’s 4x there initial estimate, there really is no point.

Once again, there is nothing there that says that your submission will be locked in at the turnaround times when they received your submission.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:37 AM, Shockmaster said:

Once again, there is nothing there that says that your submission will be locked in at the turnaround times when they received your submission.

biggest issue is ,for people who sent cards in as bulk , there cards have been sitting since april when turn around was like 60 to 80 days , it seems they will only honor whatever the current time and thats bad business , for all that you can send your cards to sgc for around the same price and get a higher return if your selling and even better you get the cards back with in 2 to 3 weeks , I like csg slabs but they need to get it together . 

On 8/22/2021 at 9:10 PM, rms13 said:

But I’m sure times are going up.  Opening group submission and then raising the prices caused a mad rush to submit. So I’m sure turn around will be progressively longer 

PSA was at 1 year turn around for a while and I think they were a lot more prepared to handle the submission volume than CSG was. 

You can go to their Service or whatever it is page and look at what the ETA is, and it's not even close to a year. North of 200 would be approaching a year, would it not?? Right now you'd get them back somewhere around mid to late April of next year. Just plan your submissions accordingly. Right now I would be sending in all my soccer stuff, esp guys that are going to be in the Champion's League, bc end of April will be getting to the nitty gritty in the UCL. 

Either way, good luck!

On 8/24/2021 at 3:51 PM, FAdmiral said:

I think the real question here is what is considered a reasonable extension of time after the initial quoted TAT expires. I doubt that anyone would get that crazy upset to post on a forum if they got their cards back 10% or 20% over the initial TAT, after all it's an estimate. However, many people on here, and those that just haven't spoken up, are seeing times that go 3x, 4x or even 5x the estimated wait. No matter what side of the isle you are on, love it or hate it, we have to be able to agree that going over the TAT by 3x is really unacceptable. We could talk about whose fault that is, but the biggest problem I see and I think everyone else is feeling is that CSG is not making everyone feel assured that we are going to get our cards back in a timely fashion. If I told my client that I'd be done in a week and it was a month later and I still wasn't finished, you better believe that I'd be discussing my progress daily with the customer. I'd make them feel like I'm all over the problem and I'm going to give them as much information as I could until the job is done. I'm just not seeing that level of dedication from CSG. Customer service just quotes a call sheet to you with no real information about where you are in the process and CSG just keeps taking more and more submissions with no reduction orders to focus on what's in house. I can totally see why some people would run to the BBB just to get some individual attention, that's not necessarily my go to option at this point, but I get it. I also know that the parent company of CSG is a great company too, I've done a lot of business with them over the years and I never was disappointed like I am with CSG. CSG really needs to step up and grow past these issues. Better communication is really key here. If I was told that there was 20,000 orders ahead of me and each order takes a few hours, I could live with that. It's hard to send out your collectibles, pay for the privilege and be told that the collectibles are out there but no one has any idea of when it's gonna get taken care of. Surely, we can all relate to this, no?

and this total BS of charging waaaaaay before shipping has got to stop as well!! thats just shady business practice all around!! imagine you did that with your clients..youd be wearing an orange jump suit before too long

On 8/24/2021 at 8:32 PM, Lerxst said:

and this total BS of charging waaaaaay before shipping has got to stop as well!! thats just shady business practice all around!! imagine you did that with your clients..youd be wearing an orange jump suit before too long

dont forget charging for thicker slabs (what other company does that ) also at the current bulk turn around times youll get your cards back most likely around Feb or March of 2022 lol if your lucky   

Edited by Rob420

On 8/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, FAdmiral said:

I think the real question here is what is considered a reasonable extension of time after the initial quoted TAT expires. I doubt that anyone would get that crazy upset to post on a forum if they got their cards back 10% or 20% over the initial TAT, after all it's an estimate. However, many people on here, and those that just haven't spoken up, are seeing times that go 3x, 4x or even 5x the estimated wait. No matter what side of the isle you are on, love it or hate it, we have to be able to agree that going over the TAT by 3x is really unacceptable. We could talk about whose fault that is, but the biggest problem I see and I think everyone else is feeling is that CSG is not making everyone feel assured that we are going to get our cards back in a timely fashion. If I told my client that I'd be done in a week and it was a month later and I still wasn't finished, you better believe that I'd be discussing my progress daily with the customer. I'd make them feel like I'm all over the problem and I'm going to give them as much information as I could until the job is done. I'm just not seeing that level of dedication from CSG. Customer service just quotes a call sheet to you with no real information about where you are in the process and CSG just keeps taking more and more submissions with no reduction orders to focus on what's in house. I can totally see why some people would run to the BBB just to get some individual attention, that's not necessarily my go to option at this point, but I get it. I also know that the parent company of CSG is a great company too, I've done a lot of business with them over the years and I never was disappointed like I am with CSG. CSG really needs to step up and grow past these issues. Better communication is really key here. If I was told that there was 20,000 orders ahead of me and each order takes a few hours, I could live with that. It's hard to send out your collectibles, pay for the privilege and be told that the collectibles are out there but no one has any idea of when it's gonna get taken care of. Surely, we can all relate to this, no?

No, we don't have to agree on anything, tbh, and presuming that people will seems very arrogant. 

I'm going to type this out one more time since this thread seems to be getting a little traction...CONTEXT MATTERS!!!

When CSG opened up was literally the same time that PSA shut their doors to everything South of $300 ($200 now). With the backlog at PSA, in some peoples' estimate, being 10+million and a hobby that only continues to grow, the amount of volume that is being passed onto the other players in the game is QUITE LITERALLY unprecedented. SGC already had to shut their doors for a minute + also raised prices to $75/card for a minute, among other things such as a massive hiring surge, in order to deal with the avalanche of cards. Beckett has been a mess for a looooong time now, and they are just as backed up as PSA right now, if not more in terms of pure time waiting. CSG is in a massive hiring frenzy right now, too, in order to deal with what is going on. 

SO, knowing the amount of volume that PSA was doing before, and knowing that volume would then be dumped on their competitors (if you even want to call it that bc PSA is so big) there's just not way for ANY of these companies to be able to keep up with demand for their services, and it's no wonder they are having such backed up times. Do I like it? No. DO I think they should limit the number of cards that are coming in until they can get that TAT under control? Absolutely. I think they are going to lose a lot of long-term business by having TATs approaching 200+ days. It's insane to me that they'd allow that.

WIth that said, I literally don't give a F bc it is what it is in the grading industry right now bc, again, I understand THE CONTEXT OF WHY there is the delay there is. If you are using CSG to their strengths - meaning sending them lower-tiered cards (that you'd normally sell raw) at an *extremely* low rate and flipping them for volume on the back end - then they are the perfect company. And yes, their TATs are crazy right now, I have no problem admitting that, but unless you want to continue to sell stuff raw for a pittance OR pay $30/card with SGC and take your chances on it getting a 9 or under then there really is no other alternative in the game right now. I mean, sure, go with HGA, but that's IF you get in their queue and that's IF you get a good grade.

Not only that, and as much as you and all the other people on Team Complain on these boards don't like it, it is an ESTIMATED TAT. And I mean wtf, like what are they supposed to do? Would you rather they tell you it'll be 60-80 days and then they go 5-6 months past the date you were supposed to get them back? At least when their TAT time changes they let us know via the website.

I just don't understand the big deal, even if they DO go past their ESTIMATED TAT. Like, are you sending in cards that you are financially dependent on? And if not, then who tf cares if they come back later? No one should be sending cards out that they can't afford to be without.  

Your type post on here is getting just comical.  

On 8/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, FAdmiral said:

And your bs about "If I told my client that a project is going to......." Due, whatever work you do is not the card grading industry, which is literally changing every single day in terms of supply/demand etc. 

So that is a logical fallacy right there. 

Can you show us each order with CSG that has gotten back to you after the TAT? Please show us screenshots where they have gone past their estimated TAT.

On 8/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

And your bs about "If I told my client that a project is going to......." Due, whatever work you do is not the card grading industry, which is literally changing every single day in terms of supply/demand etc. 

Can you show us each order with CSG that has gotten back to you after the TAT? Please show us screenshots where they have gone past their estimated TAT.

Does it really even matter since they keep pushing back their TATs? I’m still waiting on a small economy order that was delivered April 6th and received 6-17, still in GEI status. There’s an answer to your logical fallacy question. Since they keep changing their TATs, which one should I go by? The 40 day original TAT or the 106 I believe? It’ll be another 30 days at least with my order. 

On 8/29/2021 at 6:51 PM, Warner85 said:

Does it really even matter since they keep pushing back their TATs? I’m still waiting on a small economy order that was delivered April 6th and received 6-17, still in GEI status. There’s an answer to your logical fallacy question. Since they keep changing their TATs, which one should I go by? The 40 day original TAT or the 106 I believe? It’ll be another 30 days at least with my order. 

You have to go by the one that's currently on the website. 

On 8/30/2021 at 6:31 AM, Jaydugay said:

Agreed, I sent in a few cards to try these guys out. Never again, almost 4 months of sitting there and I haven't even had my cards marked as received. 1st and last time.

If you sent your cards in 4 months ago, that means the end of April, and they are opening cards from the week of May 3rd right now, so either you missed an email or CSG messed up and I would call their customer service number.

Can you show a screenshot to us of the day you mailed them in? Like, from the post office or something? Bc if it was at the end of April then they should have opened them by now. 

On 8/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Dude, why are you getting so bent out of shape? Do you work at CSG or have some other financial or personal stake in this company? If you slowed down for just a second, you'd realize that we agree on most of the points I was talking about. The one thing we don't agree on, you never really addressed. Context is great and that explains why CSG got slammed, but I am not surprised that they got slammed at all. In fact, I think they encouraged it, charging $8 a card to grade was the cheapest in the business and people obviously gave them a lot of business. Again, we agree up to this point. What people are upset about is the lack of transparency, and like YOU affirmed, it probably would have been a good idea to limit submissions whether by stopping them outright, raising prices until they can catch up or something. Like you said, CSG is just watching the TAT rise to insane levels and not doing anything about it. That's why people are getting upset. Put yourself in their shoes, you submitted a bulk order and you get quoted a time to get your cards back and that date slips by entire factors not just by a couple of days. For whatever the reason, whether financial, personal, sentimental or even if you just want your cards back, they are all valid reasons to hold CSG to task for doing something about all these orders. You are going to say, "then you shouldn't submit any cards if you can't live without them". My response is it isn't about the cards themselves, it's about the service you are receiving and paying good money for. I will refer you to my original post where I said I don't care what the TAT is, I care about how close we get to hitting it. If you don't care how long those cards take to get back to you, then great. However, for you to sit back and criticize people for getting upset is a little disingenuous to put it nicely. I am more than happy to discuss my view point and defend it's merits but if you look at this forum, you'll see that there are a lot more unhappy people here than people that are happy. That alone should tell you that something is not right here.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:47 AM, Shockmaster said:

You have to go by the one that's currently on the website. 

So what is the point of asking what the TAT is if it changes all the time? Kind of a stupid point to hold onto. Do you think in the near future, people who recently had their cards come back in 6 months (originally 2 months) are going to think it was great service when TATs hit 9 months? “Economy is now 180 days?! My submission was really fast!”

On 8/30/2021 at 10:55 PM, Warner85 said:

So what is the point of asking what the TAT is if it changes all the time? Kind of a stupid point to hold onto. Do you think in the near future, people who recently had their cards come back in 6 months (originally 2 months) are going to think it was great service when TATs hit 9 months? “Economy is now 180 days?! My submission was really fast!”

You need to get over yourself and realize you're not the only person who submitted cards. There were a ton of customers at the same time you sent in cards. Maybe you should have used a higher tier if you wanted your cards back sooner.