• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SURFACE SUB GRADES WITH COATING

4 posts in this topic

Looking at the Peyton, the surface (coating) is terrible.  It is peeling on all sides.  Lucky they didn't ding you on the edges too!   The coating on the kobe looks blotchy.  Def need to crack the Peyton and peel that sucker.  They grade the surface that can be seen, not the one hiding.....

CSG is super tough on surfaces anyways... Even new cards that are cardstock rarely get a 10.. Are you wiping the card down with micro cloth to make sure you didn't leave finger print? I know I had one card came back, that I saw a smudge on.. so they dinged me... I am like you, I like coating on, but I am guessing they grade the coating down too.... Looking at PSA 10's with coating there are a bunch of them.. wish we had a pop report and you could see really quick how many 10s CSG has done with coating on... but I do agree, the Manning has some peeling on that one...