• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Population Report

8 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, SachiD said:

Where can I see population reports for particular cards?

My guess is they don't want to show a Pop report right now. With lack of 10's, people would freak out, and not send in cards. Not saying that is right or wrong on our end(collectors), but bottom line is bottom line. When people see 90%+ or higher are coming back at 9's or less, they won't go with that grading company, no matter who it is. PSA built up such a massive POP report with GEMS, they can say "see you can get 10's".. personally experience with CSG about 1 in 40 cards gets a Pristine 10... my Gem ratio is way higher with PSA and that equals more $$ return on investment. 

On 8/26/2021 at 9:27 PM, KBost33 said:

My guess is they don't want to show a Pop report right now. With lack of 10's, people would freak out, and not send in cards. Not saying that is right or wrong on our end(collectors), but bottom line is bottom line. When people see 90%+ or higher are coming back at 9's or less, they won't go with that grading company, no matter who it is. PSA built up such a massive POP report with GEMS, they can say "see you can get 10's".. personally experience with CSG about 1 in 40 cards gets a Pristine 10... my Gem ratio is way higher with PSA and that equals more $$ return on investment. 

That is what i'm seeing scanning eBay. I think as the industry sees this that possibly means a CSG 10 over time for modern cards might get a premium. Older cards I'll continue to use PSA and SGC.

On 8/27/2021 at 12:27 AM, KBost33 said:

I can also see the opposite. Some collectors like to flaunt their 1 of 1's. With the population report, they back up their claims. There's one guy on Facebook that flaunts his 1974 Topps Nolan Ryan SGC 98 all the time because it's a 1 of 1.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:27 PM, KBost33 said:

This shows an absolute fundamental lack of understanding of how things work in terms of scarcity, etc. 

If the hobby figures out that it's harder to get a 10 from a reputable company then that will only make the demand for that card increase, not go down. 

This is why no one should listen to anything you have to say jfc how embarrassing.