• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I know exactly what card I have when completing the submission form?

5 posts in this topic

I am completely new to this all, mostly only because my two boys are interested in it (ages 8 and 11).  They have cards for me they want graded, and when I go into the submission form I notice for some cards there may be like 10 different versions of that one card, especially with Prizm cards.  I try to google the image of the card I have and make the best guess...but my question is...if I choose the wrong version of that card, will the person from CSG see that I correct it, or will it delay things further and potentially cause issues?

Thanks

I imagine it'll delay things a bit.  I'd recommend trying to find an exact match on eBay.  Alternatively, try Google searching for the set itself (ex: 2020 Prism Basketball) and then make your way to a site that describes the set, and card versions, in detail, like cardboardconnection.

I will typically also google the checklist and parallel guide for the set you are looking at and typically will pull up the result form a website like. www.cardboardconnection.com

It typically does a good job of really helping you identify what you have. I will also afterwards sometimes do an ebay search of what I think to see if it matches what I have in front of me. 

Also I love to use www.130point.com/sales/ to pull up sold ebay listing to help guess a value for the card that you are submitting.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:09 PM, Drballard33 said:

I am completely new to this all, mostly only because my two boys are interested in it (ages 8 and 11).  They have cards for me they want graded, and when I go into the submission form I notice for some cards there may be like 10 different versions of that one card, especially with Prizm cards.  I try to google the image of the card I have and make the best guess...but my question is...if I choose the wrong version of that card, will the person from CSG see that I correct it, or will it delay things further and potentially cause issues?

Thanks

Hey there, great questions, and I'll see if I can help you out, bc more than likely it will cause delays.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/

That website is the best I've found at staying up to date with all the sets that are released. They have every card listed, numbered etc and each little subset or what have you within each set is also talked about in a little detail with pictures. 

You could also just post pics of the cards here and I'm sure someone that is in the know will be more than glad to tell you what card you have.