• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non sports cards grading

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking to find out if you all grade non-sports cards like donruss Americana, razor, leaf pop signatures, etc. I see your list for non sports cards you do and do not grade, but I don't see these celebrity type of cards and companies mentioned. The following link is an example of one of the type of sets I'm asking about. https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2020-leaf-metal-pop-century-trading-cards 

On 8/11/2021 at 11:39 AM, Chin's Cards said:

I'm looking to find out if you all grade non-sports cards like donruss Americana, razor, leaf pop signatures, etc. I see your list for non sports cards you do and do not grade, but I don't see these celebrity type of cards and companies mentioned. The following link is an example of one of the type of sets I'm asking about. https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2020-leaf-metal-pop-century-trading-cards 

All non-sports cards are graded through are affiliate grading company CGC. Currently, they only grade Pokémon and Magic: The Gathering trading cards. If CGC expands their services to grade other cards, they will make an announcement. https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/trading-cards/

On 8/11/2021 at 11:47 AM, NicholePer said:

All non-sports cards are graded through are affiliate grading company CGC. Currently, they only grade Pokémon and Magic: The Gathering trading cards. If CGC expands their services to grade other cards, they will make an announcement. https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/trading-cards/

Pokémon and Magic are gaming cards. A set like Panini Americana has nothing common with those cards. It seems like you want CGC Trading Cards to be just gaming cards but the whole “non-sport” label throws you through a loop. 

On 8/12/2021 at 11:22 AM, Beerwolf1694433777 said:

I want to grade Marvel Universe Trading Cards. They don't fall under the sports and can't send through CGC with gaming cards. Can I get a reply as to how to submit these cards for grading or if I can even get them graded. The reason I joined CSG was to grade my marvel universe collection.

Go to EBAY, type in Marvel Cards, CSG graded... if you don't see any graded ones, you have your answer. You can do that with pretty much any cards...  Funny thing, they grade Donruss Marvel NBA cards.. I saw 0 MARVEL cards graded by CSG, but didn't look to hard..

On 8/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, Beerwolf1694433777 said:

I want to grade Marvel Universe Trading Cards. They don't fall under the sports and can't send through CGC with gaming cards. Can I get a reply as to how to submit these cards for grading or if I can even get them graded. The reason I joined CSG was to grade my marvel universe collection.

I can guarantee you they don’t grade those. I’ve already asked. They’re missing out on a fortune. 

On 8/12/2021 at 7:42 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

I can guarantee you they don’t grade those. I’ve already asked. They’re missing out on a fortune. 

I guess they are want to stick to sports.  Disappointed myself.

I'm glad I searched through here on this subject! While I have a few sports cards that I would like to submit for grading, I have many more vintage nonsport cards that I would like to submit, like the 1964 Donruss Addams Family, or the 1959 Fleer Three Stooges cards.

Now I'm debating whether paying the membership fee is worth it for only a few sports cards...