• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to CSG grading

2 posts in this topic

Hi, So my name is Jarron Giles and I've had boxes on boxes full of football, baseball, and basketball cards for a long time that were given to me from my dads friend that ran a card shop in the 2000's. I have no clue where to start and I'm very new to this, but I think I have a lot of cards that have potential to maybe have great value and most, if not all, are in great shape.

10 hours ago, J's Cards said:

Hi, So my name is Jarron Giles and I've had boxes on boxes full of football, baseball, and basketball cards for a long time that were given to me from my dads friend that ran a card shop in the 2000's. I have no clue where to start and I'm very new to this, but I think I have a lot of cards that have potential to maybe have great value and most, if not all, are in great shape.

My suggestion would be to go through and pull all HOF players first that you recognize and then work backwards from there separating them by year and set. Then do some research after that and go back through them pulling any you missed the first time. That's how I normally do it, and a lot of the time it seems pretty daunting at first but just spend an hour or so each day. Try not to burn yourself out on it.