• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having CSG cards flagged by EBay as Counterfeit? I just had several removed.

52 posts in this topic

I just had several removed from Ebay. I even talked to the EBay staff, via chat, I explained the CSG guarantee, even copied and pasted the CSG page. The representative told me that CSG guarantee does NOT guarantee authenticity. These are brand slabs, obviously. 

This is how I post my listings on Ebay. I put the picture up from CSG. (The photos from CSG in my opinion, is what makes CSG stand out from PSA! Such a great way to be able to share our cards!)

My only guess is that a few of my titles had "BUY CSG, save over a PSA"  ... which could be the issue.  If that was case, should have just told me that. Doesn't mean they should have been labeled as counterfeit. 

I see a bunch of CSG cards with same type of listing. Anyone else having this issue? I was told that several others have filed complaints about CSG cards being removed, but she couldn't give more details.

I am sharing this under the "ASK CSG" because I think CSG should know that is how Ebay is treating CSG customers. For Ebay to pull a CSG card, that has all the markings of a CSG authenticity, is very alarming. I would hope someone from CSG, would reach out to Ebay, and ask why this is happening. 

Again, if it is due to title, I get that. Just curious for feedback from card community, and CSG on this. 

Screenshot (1026).png

Screenshot (1028).png

Screenshot (1031).png

Interesting.  I've bought quite a few CSG and see them selling all the time, so I don't believe eBay is removing it for the sole reason of the company.

I think your idea that listing 'PSA' in the title may be partially to blame.  I wonder if you're using screenshots of the images, rather than your own pictures of the cards?  Maybe they have an automatic algorithm that looks for an image match online to see if it's been used in an auction before?

8 minutes ago, oluckydayo said:

Interesting.  I've bought quite a few CSG and see them selling all the time, so I don't believe eBay is removing it for the sole reason of the company.

I think your idea that listing 'PSA' in the title may be partially to blame.  I wonder if you're using screenshots of the images, rather than your own pictures of the cards?  Maybe they have an automatic algorithm that looks for an image match online to see if it's been used in an auction before?

This was Ebay's response just now... So, yeah, they don't want the title to have PSA/BGS/ etc in title.. which I get. Even though their company answer makes no sense, because every card listed on Ebay has a trademarked word in it "Topps"  "CSG" "Fleer" "Donruss" "Panini", could go on and on...   Also, they, EBay are partnered with PSA, I am also guessing they are protecting them as well. 

"I'm sorry to hear about the removal of your listing/s. Upon checking your account and can see that your listing/s appear to violate eBay policy or a rights owner's trademark or copyright. As a seller, you are responsible for the quality and authenticity of the products that you offer on eBay.

Please understand that removing this kind of items protects sellers like yourself and  buyers from buyer protection claims and financial loss.

Kevin,  I certainly understand that you may see similar item posted on the site. However, that doesn’t mean that they are allowed to list it. It only means that we haven’t reviewed those listings yet.. We review listings here on eBay randomly or batch per batch, and rest assured that we are working round the clock to justify our actions and implement our policies on items that we may have concerns with."

31 minutes ago, edzukation said:

It is. I talked to Ebay today bc I had a lot of cards removed bc I had PSA in the title but did not have any PSA slabs in my lot (which was an oversight on my part as I just copy and paste past lots I sell that do contain PSA slabs). 

Yea, that is what I figured. I just wish they would have said that. Not that they are counterfeit.  I get it. 

On 8/6/2021 at 12:27 PM, KBost33 said:

I just had several removed from Ebay. I even talked to the EBay staff, via chat, I explained the CSG guarantee, even copied and pasted the CSG page. The representative told me that CSG guarantee does NOT guarantee authenticity. These are brand slabs, obviously. 

This is how I post my listings on Ebay. I put the picture up from CSG. (The photos from CSG in my opinion, is what makes CSG stand out from PSA! Such a great way to be able to share our cards!)

My only guess is that a few of my titles had "BUY CSG, save over a PSA"  ... which could be the issue.  If that was case, should have just told me that. Doesn't mean they should have been labeled as counterfeit. 

I see a bunch of CSG cards with same type of listing. Anyone else having this issue? I was told that several others have filed complaints about CSG cards being removed, but she couldn't give more details.

I am sharing this under the "ASK CSG" because I think CSG should know that is how Ebay is treating CSG customers. For Ebay to pull a CSG card, that has all the markings of a CSG authenticity, is very alarming. I would hope someone from CSG, would reach out to Ebay, and ask why this is happening. 

Again, if it is due to title, I get that. Just curious for feedback from card community, and CSG on this. 

Screenshot (1026).png

Screenshot (1028).png

Screenshot (1031).png

I had a BGS card done the same way and told it was counterfeit. I thought maybe it was because I had BGS 9.5 = PSA 10. So my brother put it on his account without that wording. eBay permanently and irrevocably suspended his account for activity detrimental to the eBay community. I believe they took it off my account and flagged it as counterfeit due to my wording because they are partnered with PSA but because they took it down and labeled it as counterfeit. It was then permanently flagged as counterfeit and that's why my brother's account was suspended. eBay is now a bunch of corrupt turds just like PSA. I switched to Mercari and it is a way better environment.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:11 PM, Duncan78 said:

I had a BGS card done the same way and told it was counterfeit. I thought maybe it was because I had BGS 9.5 = PSA 10. So my brother put it on his account without that wording. eBay permanently and irrevocably suspended his account for activity detrimental to the eBay community. I believe they took it off my account and flagged it as counterfeit due to my wording because they are partnered with PSA but because they took it down and labeled it as counterfeit. It was then permanently flagged as counterfeit and that's why my brother's account was suspended. eBay is now a bunch of corrupt turds just like PSA. I switched to Mercari and it is a way better environment.

yes, that is exactly what happened to mine.. they didn't shut down my account, but they deleted all the posts.. I had a rep actually me back, and explained why they were removed, and they said no further action against my account due to lenght I have been with Ebay, my rating, and volume I do.. so I just moved on.. I will tell you, I really has hurt my sales on EBay... Sold 0 CSG last week, and week before the removed my posts I did over $1,000... people are not looking for "CSG" in listing... 

On 8/16/2021 at 7:11 PM, Duncan78 said:

You could stop putting PSA in your title when your card isn't PSA. But, yeah, it's Ebays fault that you're keyword spamming. No better than the PSA 10? posts.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:17 AM, Bryan Whiting said:

You could stop putting PSA in your title when your card isn't PSA. But, yeah, it's Ebays fault that you're keyword spamming. No better than the PSA 10? posts.

Never said it was PSA. I said BGS 9.5 = PSA 10. The vast majority of the time that is true. Even if you wanted to consider it keyword spamming. That would not make it a counterfeit card but thanks for the input. You should probably submit your resume to ebay or PSA.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, dictoresno said:

its as simple as you keyword spammed. ive seen it alot lately where ebay is pulling auctions with the usual "PSA 10??" spammers selling BGS cards. dont put PSA in your title, if its a CSG slab. 

Saying a grading companies graded card is equal to a PSA graded card is not keyword spamming. They are labeling the cards counterfeit and they can never be sold on ebay again. If I were to sell the card on another platform and that person put the card back on eBay it would result in their account being permanently suspended for being counterfeit. Regardless of key words.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:39 PM, Duncan78 said:

Saying a grading companies graded card is equal to a PSA graded card is not keyword spamming. They are labeling the cards counterfeit and they can never be sold on ebay again. If I were to sell the card on another platform and that person put the card back on eBay it would result in their account being permanently suspended for being counterfeit. Regardless of key words.

So let's get this straight .. if you aren't keyword spamming, why are you putting PSA 10 in your title? PSA has zero to do with your card. If it's not keyword spamming, I'd love to know the reason you include that. 

On 8/18/2021 at 11:54 AM, Bryan Whiting said:

So let's get this straight .. if you aren't keyword spamming, why are you putting PSA 10 in your title? PSA has zero to do with your card. If it's not keyword spamming, I'd love to know the reason you include that. 

The reason I included it is simple  "Buy CSG 9.5, and Save over a PSA 9".. what part of that is false advertising? None.   "Buy CSG 9.5, SAVE Compared to a PSA 9"...  It's basic advertising 101... Millions, and millions of companies do this. Comparison advertising... tell me you understand this concept and have seen it. It is on every shelf, in every store all across the world. Only place I have ever seen anyone say "No, we don't allow comparison advertising" is Ebay..   why? Because people, I am guessing like you, got upset because when the put "PSA 10" in search bar, they got guys like me, who understand comparison advertising, to pop up in their searches... called EBay and complained or just flagged the post as "counterfeit"... Let's be real, that is what happened... You are proving my point, by going on and on about how you think it is keyword spamming.... I get it.. no biggie... It's EBay's platform, I will play by their rules... Doesn't mean I agree with them.. and I get your side too...  All good. 

Screenshot (1120).png

Screenshot (1122).png

On 8/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, dictoresno said:

its as simple as you keyword spammed. ive seen it alot lately where ebay is pulling auctions with the usual "PSA 10??" spammers selling BGS cards. dont put PSA in your title, if its a CSG slab. 

Well, I agree with the "PSA 10?" in title... I hate those too.. I get it... BUT 100% disagree with not being able to use comparison advertising... It's basic 101 advertising.. every store in world does it, allows it... Amazon allows it... your local grocery store allows it... heck, even Ebay allows it, on certain items,..  I have both shipping boxes, and  Ebay suggests cheaper knockoff style boxes... guess what, I bought cheaper boxes... People want value and deals....   "Buy CSG 9.5 and save over a PSA 9", that is not false, is not misleading.. 100% true.  But, it's ebays world, they own the platform, so it is what it is....  Here is perfect example-- what does Tylenol have to do with CVS brand of aspirin??

" Cvs, don't put Tylenol on box if it isn't Tylenol"..   Please let me know how that goes... LOL!  Smh... so let's try again... 

Just say the truth, "I get upset when I try to search PSA cards and some put CSG in title. I want it my way"... and Ebay said, "Okay, we will cater to you"..  which I am fine with....it's their platform.. 

Screenshot (1124).png

Last thing on this, I was told I could 100A% relist the cards they pulled, just couldn't use PSA/BGS etc in title... so there is that... all good. Really surprised this conversation is still going on... LOL! People have lots of free time. 

A listing title should not be thought of as an advertisement, because it has to be searched for. Putting something in the title that the item is not is keyword spamming plain and simple. Using your logic of something being 100% true so it should go in the title, I should then be able to put "not Mike Trout" in the title of all my listings.

Things like "Buy CSG 9.5 and save over a PSA 9" should go in the description and not the title.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:20 PM, iam12fear said:

A listing title should not be thought of as an advertisement, because it has to be searched for. Putting something in the title that the item is not is keyword spamming plain and simple. Using your logic of something being 100% true so it should go in the title, I should then be able to put "not Mike Trout" in the title of all my listings.

Things like "Buy CSG 9.5 and save over a PSA 9" should go in the description and not the title.

We will agree to disagree. Thanks! 

On 8/18/2021 at 11:54 AM, Bryan Whiting said:

Let me explain this clearly. I put BGS 9.5 = PSA 10. Meaning that a BGS card graded a 10 is equivalent to a PSA 10. Which is true. I did this because many people think PSA is the best there is when it comes to Grading which is absolutely not true. They pull the most money but PSA is all about giving a 10 grade to cards that are not deserving. Especially to customers who spent lots s of money with them. My goal was to assure people that what they would be buying is top notch & to not believe the hype. Never crossed my mind to put something that was not true in my title to get more views. Does that make sense or do you need me to explain further.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:40 PM, Duncan78 said:

I'm guessing you work for eBay or PSA.

No, I don't. But I ask alot of questions, and have been doing this for 30+ yrs, plus been in lots of different sales. 

Why would you think that? Do you work for CSG? I don't work for any of them, as a customer they should work for me. It's how business works..