• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having CSG cards flagged by EBay as Counterfeit? I just had several removed.

52 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2021 at 8:24 AM, Rob420 said:

Csg has a long way to go to make any dent on resale , i can barely move any of mine unless i want to sell them for next to nothing 

I am moving them, but it is a daily battle. Do I wish I didn't tie up so much in slabbing  with them? Probably. I do love the looks of the slabs, but instantly people see CSG and immediately want cheap price. What blows my mind is SGC has such a loyal crowd, and I see them selling very well. I hate their slabs. 

On 9/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, KBost33 said:

I am moving them, but it is a daily battle. Do I wish I didn't tie up so much in slabbing  with them? Probably. I do love the looks of the slabs, but instantly people see CSG and immediately want cheap price. What blows my mind is SGC has such a loyal crowd, and I see them selling very well. I hate their slabs. 

SGC slabs look terrible. The CSG slabs look a lot better in person than in a photo. Hopefully, CSG will pick up some steam as more slabs are circulated.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:35 AM, Rob420 said:

I love SGC and the turn around and i get them back with in 2 to 3 weeks when submitted and get a lot more on my return and they move with no issues.  

That's good. Just not my cup of tea. Will never use them myself or buy any of them. I am not a "Tux" fan. 

You're an Azz.. wow

On 8/19/2021 at 9:25 AM, KBost33 said:

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Whatever you say.  You do you boo. 

Edited by Picklepete

On 8/23/2021 at 10:06 AM, Benny Harris said:

I gave up on selling my CSG cards just for that reason. I have cracked most and have them listed as raw cards. Its a shame too, I really like the slabs but they are just not getting any traction on Ebay. Even on the CSG FB group site people list nice cards but nothing moves. 

Honestly I don't think you're doing it right or sending the right cards in bc I have had tremendous success with CSG-graded cards. Do they get the same value as PSA? Obviously not, but if I can send in 20 Yordan Alvarez 2020 Topps RCs (at 7.20/card at the time) that I paid $5 for, then get majority 9.5s (with 2 or 3 10s) and sell them regularly for 15-25 bucks each, I've essentially 2x-3x my profit for having them graded with CSG. 

Grading and selling with CSG is all about sending them the correct cards and getting the highest grades. If you deviate outside of that right now you're going to be in for a bad time. 

I would also argue that if you are sending in cards 100% to turn and flip, if they don't sell as well then that's still really on you bc you have to be able to know what's going on in the market. There are certain cards I just won't send in to be graded bc I know, no matter what, no one is going to give me even the grading fee for it. 

But yeah, so far, after 3 bulk orders back I have made literally thousands off their cards on ebay and other outlets. 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:14 PM, KBost33 said:

Yea, that is what I figured. I just wish they would have said that. Not that they are counterfeit.  I get it. 

a positive side to this is when picking titles csg is an automatic option, unlike hga meaning ebay recognizes csg as a major sports grader and one of the top 3