• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having CSG cards flagged by EBay as Counterfeit? I just had several removed.

52 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2021 at 3:39 PM, Duncan78 said:

Let me explain this clearly. I put BGS 9.5 = PSA 10. Meaning that a BGS card graded a 10 is equivalent to a PSA 10. Which is true. I did this because many people think PSA is the best there is when it comes to Grading which is absolutely not true. They pull the most money but PSA is all about giving a 10 grade to cards that are not deserving. Especially to customers who spent lots s of money with them. My goal was to assure people that what they would be buying is top notch & to not believe the hype. Never crossed my mind to put something that was not true in my title to get more views. Does that make sense or do you need me to explain further.

Understand your reasoning, however "BGS 9.5 = PSA 10" is just plain false. They are two different companies with two different grading scales. 

Edited by LAgambit

On 8/18/2021 at 5:44 PM, LAgambit said:

Understand your reasoning, however "BGS 9.5 = PSA 10" is just plain false. They are two different companies with 2 different grading scales. 

That I agree with 100%, everyone of these companies have different grading scales. Personally, I think CSG is hardest. 

This got lost in all of our bickering about keyword spamming, but I think there is some merit to the idea of your listings being marked as counterfeit because you used the pics from CSG and not your own. Has CSG or eBay said it was OK to use those pics for listings? I might be wrong here, but I don't think they are "fair use" scans. I think they are there for cert verification only. It would very easy for me to look up a cert #, copy the images, and make a fraudulent listing for a card I do not own. It doesn't really make sense to call this counterfeiting and not fraud, but eBay likes to lump all of these similar "bad" things together.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:21 AM, Bryan Whiting said:

Noone is confused about what you're trying to say. It's simply inaccurate. As mentioned above, including this in the description is one thing. Having it in the title is keyword manipulation. It's not being creative as you think it is, it's being misleading and in effect spamming your listing. 

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Whatever you say.  You do you boo. 

On 8/19/2021 at 6:25 AM, KBost33 said:

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Whatever you say.  You do you boo. 

God you are so insufferable. If you have PSA ANYWHERE in your title/keyword search then they will flag it for manipulation. It has been going on for awhile now and they literally sent out an email about it. 

On 8/17/2021 at 9:39 PM, Duncan78 said:

Saying a grading companies graded card is equal to a PSA graded card is not keyword spamming. They are labeling the cards counterfeit and they can never be sold on ebay again. If I were to sell the card on another platform and that person put the card back on eBay it would result in their account being permanently suspended for being counterfeit. Regardless of key words.

Just bc you say something is one thing or another, or not, doesn't make it so. A private company like eBay gets to set their own rules as long as they are within the law. If they say people putting "BGS 9.5 = PSA 10" is keyword spamming on their site you don't get to come along and say, "No it's not!!" 

And listen, we're not purposefully ignorant here, like you and your KBust buddy that are constantly complaining about CSG/eBay/PSA/whatever the flavor of the day/week for you it is. By putting "BGS 9.5 = PSA 10" you are *absolutely* keyword spamming bc you and everyone else knows that a cr*pload of people are going to search for "__insert card here__ PSA 10" and if you have "BGS 9.5 = PSA 10" in your post then that will hit through their algorithm. 

You're keyword spamming and no amount of deflection/projection/excuses will make that change. 

KBust even wrote, "I will tell you, I really has hurt my sales on EBay... Sold 0 CSG last week, and week before the removed my posts I did over $1,000... people are not looking for "CSG" in listing... " so this blatantly is explaining why you are putting "CGS 9.5/BGS 9.5 = PSA 10." You KNOW that without the PSA 10 not as many people ill search for it so you are pruposefully manipulating the keyword searches. 

Like 5+ people have explained this to you and you both are still in here like "Durrr DurrrRR ItS nOt MaNiPuLaTiOn!!!!" 

Edited by ne1seenmykeys
a word

On 8/19/2021 at 4:42 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Just bc you say something is one thing or another, or not, doesn't make it so. A private company like eBay gets to set their own rules as long as they are within the law. If they say people putting "BGS 9.5 = PSA 10" is keyword spamming on their site you don't get to come along and say, "No it's not!!" 

And listen, we're not purposefully ignorant here, like you and your KBust buddy that are constantly complaining about CSG/eBay/PSA/whatever the flavor of the day/week for you it is. By putting "BGS 9.5 = PSA 10" you are *absolutely* keyword spamming bc you and everyone else knows that a cr*pload of people are going to search for "__insert card here__ PSA 10" and if you have "BGS 9.5 = PSA 10" in your post then that will hit through their algorithm. 

You're keyword spamming and no amount of deflection/projection/excuses will make that change. 

KBust even wrote, "I will tell you, I really has hurt my sales on EBay... Sold 0 CSG last week, and week before the removed my posts I did over $1,000... people are not looking for "CSG" in listing... " so this blatantly is explaining why you are putting "CGS 9.5/BGS 9.5 = PSA 10." You KNOW that without the PSA 10 not as many people ill search for it so you are pruposefully manipulating the keyword searches. 

Like 5+ people have explained this to you and you both are still in here like "Durrr DurrrRR ItS nOt MaNiPuLaTiOn!!!!" 

Does this site not have a BLOCK feature?? Cause I would 100% Block ne1seenmykeys... His posts always suck...  Just a terrible individual and adds 0 to these posts.

Hey, N1sucks, didn't I tell you I never wanted you to respond to any of my posts again?? Seriously, slow down the stalking.... NO ONE, especially me cares about your weak opinion. 

On 8/19/2021 at 3:10 PM, KBost33 said:

Does this site not have a BLOCK feature?? Cause I would 100% Block ne1seenmykeys... His posts always suck...  Just a terrible individual and adds 0 to these posts.

Hey, N1sucks, didn't I tell you I never wanted you to respond to any of my posts again?? Seriously, slow down the stalking.... NO ONE, especially me cares about your weak opinion. 

lmao stalking? When half the posts on this board are you complaining about everything under the sun it's hard not to come across your posts. 

You could follow your own advice and not just read my posts about you, right? The logic of 1) your telling me that no one cares about my opinion (when you responded so you obvs care) and 2) your telling me not to post to you *when you are responding to me in kind* is just almost too much for me to take. 

I legit can't tell if you and the others in The Complaint Crew on here are more dumb or funny. I'm leaning more towards dumb. I wish y'all were more funny bc going with dumb is just sad.  

In terms of my opinion, I'm not really giving opinions - I'm simply using logic against you. DO you have an actual argument against the logic or are you just interested in telling me how much you don't care and that people don't want to reply to me......by replying to me???

Let's review:

FACT - Private US companies can make ANY rules they see as fit as long as they are legal in the US

FACT - One of the rules that eBay has is, specifically, "putting any version of PSA in your eBay title is seen as keyword manipulation"

FACT - Claiming that putting PSA in your title in any way is NOT manipulation *according to eBay* is logically fallacious (meaning untrue on principle)

FACT - You and your Complaint Crew are literally claiming that putting PSA in your eBay titles/search results is not manipulation

CONCLUSION - You are delusional and can't see past your last few remaining brain cells. 

On 8/16/2021 at 8:21 PM, KBost33 said:

yes, that is exactly what happened to mine.. they didn't shut down my account, but they deleted all the posts.. I had a rep actually me back, and explained why they were removed, and they said no further action against my account due to lenght I have been with Ebay, my rating, and volume I do.. so I just moved on.. I will tell you, I really has hurt my sales on EBay... Sold 0 CSG last week, and week before the removed my posts I did over $1,000... people are not looking for "CSG" in listing... 

I gave up on selling my CSG cards just for that reason. I have cracked most and have them listed as raw cards. Its a shame too, I really like the slabs but they are just not getting any traction on Ebay. Even on the CSG FB group site people list nice cards but nothing moves. 

On 8/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, Benny Harris said:

I gave up on selling my CSG cards just for that reason. I have cracked most and have them listed as raw cards. Its a shame too, I really like the slabs but they are just not getting any traction on Ebay. Even on the CSG FB group site people list nice cards but nothing moves. 

I only search for CSG cards on EBay now. You can get some great deals. Hopefully, they become easier to move when there is more of an awareness in the marketplace. It sounds like CSG/Blackstone is somehow related to this Fanatics deal, so that could only help in the long term. 

On 8/24/2021 at 8:16 AM, Ben Sloc said:

I only search for CSG cards on EBay now. You can get some great deals. Hopefully, they become easier to move when there is more of an awareness in the marketplace. It sounds like CSG/Blackstone is somehow related to this Fanatics deal, so that could only help in the long term. 

That is part of the problem, those of us that used csg, didn't use them to sell our cards at bargain prices!! Lol! But that is the case...  they are not bringing what PSA gets or even close. But for buyer's,  yes,fantastic deals! 😎 all good! 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:23 AM, KBost33 said:

That is part of the problem, those of us that used csg, didn't use them to sell our cards at bargain prices!! Lol! But that is the case...  they are not bringing what PSA gets or even close. But for buyer's,  yes,fantastic deals! 😎 all good! 

CSG exist almost exclusively for low-end cards. Card is expensive? Drop $200 for PSA.  Card is mid range, go SGC $30. Card is cheap, CSG bulk it is.

On 8/28/2021 at 6:58 AM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

CSG exist almost exclusively for low-end cards. Card is expensive? Drop $200 for PSA.  Card is mid range, go SGC $30. Card is cheap, CSG bulk it is.

Not even close to accurate.  And personally,  I think SGC sucks. I hate the boring looking of black and white. I have sold some big cards via CSG.. I do prefer resell on PSA, but not a $200 a pop.. unless the card is a $5000+ card in PSA 9..

On 8/28/2021 at 5:17 PM, KBost33 said:

Not even close to accurate.  And personally,  I think SGC sucks. I hate the boring looking of black and white. I have sold some big cards via CSG.. I do prefer resell on PSA, but not a $200 a pop.. unless the card is a $5000+ card in PSA 9..

How is that not even close to accurate? If it's a $2000 card, I can afford $200 to have it graded in a week for maximum return. If it's a $300-400 I can run it through SGC for $30 and have it back in a few weeks with decent return. CSG prices have become too high for the length of time they take and the return. Sub $100 cards at $12 apiece is the only thing that makes sense for strictly selling purposes. The black inserts aren't the cleanest, as I have a few cards with oddly cut inserts, but as long as the person buying is alright with their service, that's all that matters to me.

Example, I sold an SGC 10 Premier Level Joe Burrow Select silver for $250 and other have gone for 200+. Last one CSG on ebay is a 9.5 with one 10 subgrade sold for $113.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:49 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

How is that not even close to accurate? If it's a $2000 card, I can afford $200 to have it graded in a week for maximum return. If it's a $300-400 I can run it through SGC for $30 and have it back in a few weeks with decent return. CSG prices have become too high for the length of time they take and the return. Sub $100 cards at $12 apiece is the only thing that makes sense for strictly selling purposes. The black inserts aren't the cleanest, as I have a few cards with oddly cut inserts, but as long as the person buying is alright with their service, that's all that matters to me.

Example, I sold an SGC 10 Premier Level Joe Burrow Select silver for $250 and other have gone for 200+. Last one CSG on ebay is a 9.5 with one 10 subgrade sold for $113.

Look at the guy's post history. He is the living embodiment of an unhappy person. He's not happy with CSG, he thinks SGC "sucks" and he said your more than fair assessment of the grading companies (the way you listed is exactly how I use them) is "not even close to accurate."

He is a cancer on these boards and I'd suggest not listening to a word he says. 

On 8/29/2021 at 11:11 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Look at the guy's post history. He is the living embodiment of an unhappy person. He's not happy with CSG, he thinks SGC "sucks" and he said your more than fair assessment of the grading companies (the way you listed is exactly how I use them) is "not even close to accurate."

He is a cancer on these boards and I'd suggest not listening to a word he says. 

Don't worry, he told me he would ignore me too. I am tempted to ask if he works for CSG. In his original post he says we a lot when talking of CSG as if he was part of the company.

On 8/16/2021 at 8:21 PM, KBost33 said:

yes, that is exactly what happened to mine.. they didn't shut down my account, but they deleted all the posts.. I had a rep actually me back, and explained why they were removed, and they said no further action against my account due to lenght I have been with Ebay, my rating, and volume I do.. so I just moved on.. I will tell you, I really has hurt my sales on EBay... Sold 0 CSG last week, and week before the removed my posts I did over $1,000... people are not looking for "CSG" in listing... 

Csg has a long way to go to make any dent on resale , i can barely move any of mine unless i want to sell them for next to nothing