• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best way to insure a high end card?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Sending FedEx.

Also should I request sub grades?

If I request a thick holder and card does not need it will the grade have the good sense to not give me a holder that could damage card?

Edited by JWBlue

I use USPS insurance because I've had good luck with their claims process in the past, but any carrier should have insurance available on their express packages to cover the cost of your card.

If it's a true high dollar card you believe has the chance for a 9-10, sub grades are essential IMO.    There's a definite value increase on sold listings with sub grades. 

They will match the holder that is appropriate to the size of the card.  You shouldn't have to worry about them choosing one that will damage it.

2 hours ago, oluckydayo said:

I use USPS insurance because I've had good luck with their claims process in the past, but any carrier should have insurance available on their express packages to cover the cost of your card.

If it's a true high dollar card you believe has the chance for a 9-10, sub grades are essential IMO.    There's a definite value increase on sold listings with sub grades. 

They will match the holder that is appropriate to the size of the card.  You shouldn't have to worry about them choosing one that will damage it.

Great.  This is my first time submitting.

For them to match the holder do I need to choose the CSG Thick Holder option?  I do not mind paying extra but do not want to pay if I do not need it.  If I do need it will they still upgrade the holder and charge later?

I do not want to remove the card from protection and it is difficult to measure it with the guide without doing so.

Is it a standard card, just slightly thicker stock?   If it's not a relic/memorabilia or a card clearly thicker than 3mm, just submit it as a standard card. If they need to charge for the thick holder they'll contact you to adjust payment.

22 minutes ago, oluckydayo said:

Is it a standard card, just slightly thicker stock?   If it's not a relic/memorabilia or a card clearly thicker than 3mm, just submit it as a standard card. If they need to charge for the thick holder they'll contact you to adjust payment.

Ty.