• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

114-card order with CSG

24 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, oluckydayo said:

Thanks for the info.

Lets see those 10s!

I don't have a pic of the 10s together tbh and most of them I've already put in my safe to keep forever. I can give you a rough breakdown tho.

Luis Roberts RC x 2
Randy Arozarena RC x3

Yordan Alvarez RC x2

Wander Franco 1st Bowman Chrome + Chrome Sapphire both got 10s

Fernando Tatis Jr. x3

Ronald Acuna Jr x4

Kyle Lewis Bowman Chrome Refractor x2

So I'm definitely happy. I have 4 more orders in at CSG with all types of different cards, so I'm exited to get them back!  

22 minutes ago, ngsss said:

how long after scheduled for grading did it take to move on to the next step? do you recall?

I do remember it being quite a bit, which is fine bc it was a bulk order, but don't recall how long exactly, sorry. Couldn't have been more than a month and a half  or two, though based on the timeline. 

On 8/4/2021 at 10:47 AM, Warner85 said:

Love seeing all of these bulk orders come back before my economy. Even when mine were delivered about same time.

To be fair to CSG, I got this order in when their turnaround times on bulk were listed at, I believe, 60 days, so in getting my order back a little more than 2 months after they received them that actually sticks right to the timeline for what they said. 

They received mine on 4/26 and they shipped them back to me on 07/13.

When did they receive your economy order, and do you have a screenshot of it? I attached mine. 489186182_ScreenShot2021-08-05at1_22_23PM.thumb.png.b568ea47e29a1703371ec325160b127e.png

3 hours ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

To be fair to CSG, I got this order in when their turnaround times on bulk were listed at, I believe, 60 days, so in getting my order back a little more than 2 months after they received them that actually sticks right to the timeline for what they said. 

They received mine on 4/26 and they shipped them back to me on 07/13.

When did they receive your economy order, and do you have a screenshot of it? I attached mine. 489186182_ScreenShot2021-08-05at1_22_23PM.thumb.png.b568ea47e29a1703371ec325160b127e.png

I don’t know when you sent yours in March but I did send mine first week of April, they officially received them 6/19. I believe economy was 30 days at the time? Possibly 40.

Wow! Are you happy with the grades? Can’t complain when 106 of 114 are 9+. That’s awesome! Congratulations. I have to say that I appreciate CSG’s grading. They usually tend to hit the nail on the head. In fact, I would call it a “tough grade.” Do you think they were accurate?

On 8/6/2021 at 9:20 AM, jday68 said:

Wow! Are you happy with the grades? Can’t complain when 106 of 114 are 9+. That’s awesome! Congratulations. I have to say that I appreciate CSG’s grading. They usually tend to hit the nail on the head. In fact, I would call it a “tough grade.” Do you think they were accurate?

Absolutely! They are the toughest grade in the industry imo, but that is what I'm looking for. The (up to) 60-40 rule for a PSA 10 is, imo, WAY too lenient. 

I will say this - this order was 100% ultra modern cards, so I think that played a huge role in the high grades. I really didn't spend too much time at all checking them over before sending in. 

I will absolutely continue to use CSG bc I love their price, I *love* their grading, I can live with the turnaround times, I like their slabs, etc. 

I have four more orders with them right now in fact lol

looking for your keys,

Would you say your judgement and "eye" for identifying 10's or better quality cards improved? I would think yes, there is a somewhat semi-steep learning curve when it comes to seeing imperfections. That's all i see now.  I think that is awesome and very encouraging for fairness. I am working on my bulk order as we speak. New submission form... meh. 

sorry. Congrats!!!!

Ken

Edited by legendary_collections

On 8/12/2021 at 12:10 PM, KBost33 said:

You killed it... that many 10;s in 114 card order might be all-time record. If there was a pop report, you probably have some POP 1's.

Yessir!! Thank you, I appreciate it! I added a photo of some of my favorite ones. I got quite a few duplicate 10s, of which I’m not complaining, but that doesn’t make for good photos lol. 

9103A01C-0234-4358-8E51-089BFCB604AC.jpeg

On 8/12/2021 at 7:02 PM, legendary_collections said:

looking for your keys,

Would you say your judgement and "eye" for identifying 10's or better quality cards improved? I would think yes, there is a somewhat semi-steep learning curve when it comes to seeing imperfections. That's all i see now.  I think that is awesome and very encouraging for fairness. I am working on my bulk order as we speak. New submission form... meh. 

sorry. Congrats!!!!

Ken

Yo! So first and foremost, I’ve been trading cards for awhile so I’d definitely would say I have a huge advantage over other guys and gals. Also, just little ‘inside info’ on each company, meaning I’m not going to send older cards to CSG. I’ll send older cards to PSA bc they are absolutely more lenient on older cards. Newer cards, however, if they are centered properly, should almost always get a 9.5. There will be exceptions, obviously, but as my order shows as long as you are turning in newer cards that have been in card savers the entire time then you should score very highly. 

I turn cards into CSG solely so I can make some profit on cards I’d normally just sell raw on eBay, and then take those profits and put them into cards I really want. For example, I chase certain Rickey Henderson and Penny Hardaway cards, so it’s good to not really have to pay for some of those cards bc of the profit I can get from CSG graded cards.

I attached a pic of some of my favorite returns from this past order. Cheers! 

Edit: I want to say that I also send literally any card I’m going to keep forever to CSG in bulk orders bc they have the lowest price, their slabs look great despite what a lot of ppl say and their slabs fit perfectly into fitted protective sleeves for PSA cards 😎

4BA4BA69-8CE8-4DFC-865F-B59B3306C30C.jpeg

Edited by ne1seenmykeys

Hey bro. thanks for getting back to me.

I honestly don't know that much. I mentioned it before. I just collected a bunch of stuff i liked. Penny Hardaway from Three!!!! We may be similar in age

Cool cards. I am submitting almost the same type. I believe would and will sell. My GF partner is like Ken you need to ah support this hobby. .. Anyway. thanks for your examples and showing the way.. 

Ken 

On 8/12/2021 at 10:18 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Yo! So first and foremost, I’ve been trading cards for awhile so I’d definitely would say I have a huge advantage over other guys and gals. Also, just little ‘inside info’ on each company, meaning I’m not going to send older cards to CSG. I’ll send older cards to PSA bc they are absolutely more lenient on older cards. Newer cards, however, if they are centered properly, should almost always get a 9.5. There will be exceptions, obviously, but as my order shows as long as you are turning in newer cards that have been in card savers the entire time then you should score very highly. 

I turn cards into CSG solely so I can make some profit on cards I’d normally just sell raw on eBay, and then take those profits and put them into cards I really want. For example, I chase certain Rickey Henderson and Penny Hardaway cards, so it’s good to not really have to pay for some of those cards bc of the profit I can get from CSG graded cards.

I attached a pic of some of my favorite returns from this past order. Cheers! 

Edit: I want to say that I also send literally any card I’m going to keep forever to CSG in bulk orders bc they have the lowest price, their slabs look great despite what a lot of ppl say and their slabs fit perfectly into fitted protective sleeves for PSA cards 😎

4BA4BA69-8CE8-4DFC-865F-B59B3306C30C.jpeg

Agree with you.  Love the look of their slabs, I own some .  I've sent some personal cards as well, I'm in no rush to get anything back.

I took 13 vintage baseball cards to the Nationals tbg  I thought the grading to be a little tougher than I expected. I had several cards I would have sworn they would be 7's and they came back 6's.  Significant reduction in value!  I am old time collector and abided by Beckett rules of grading for many years.  Not sure about CSG but did submit another round to them.