• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

114-card order with CSG

24 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2021 at 10:18 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Yo! So first and foremost, I’ve been trading cards for awhile so I’d definitely would say I have a huge advantage over other guys and gals. Also, just little ‘inside info’ on each company, meaning I’m not going to send older cards to CSG. I’ll send older cards to PSA bc they are absolutely more lenient on older cards. Newer cards, however, if they are centered properly, should almost always get a 9.5. There will be exceptions, obviously, but as my order shows as long as you are turning in newer cards that have been in card savers the entire time then you should score very highly. 

I turn cards into CSG solely so I can make some profit on cards I’d normally just sell raw on eBay, and then take those profits and put them into cards I really want. For example, I chase certain Rickey Henderson and Penny Hardaway cards, so it’s good to not really have to pay for some of those cards bc of the profit I can get from CSG graded cards.

I attached a pic of some of my favorite returns from this past order. Cheers! 

Edit: I want to say that I also send literally any card I’m going to keep forever to CSG in bulk orders bc they have the lowest price, their slabs look great despite what a lot of ppl say and their slabs fit perfectly into fitted protective sleeves for PSA cards 😎

4BA4BA69-8CE8-4DFC-865F-B59B3306C30C.jpeg

"I’ll send older cards to PSA bc they are absolutely more lenient on older cards"  I would respectfully have to disagree with you on this statement ne1seenmykeys.  I just got two bulk orders back from PSA after waiting almost a year to only kick myself in the rear for sending them to PSA to begin with.  It literally felt like the grader just graded one card and slapped that grade on every other card in that order and sprinkled in a card or two at a grade higher to make it look like they were not just pushing grading jobs through. I even received a "2" on a 1950 bowman that at worst should have received a 4.  When comparing it to what a "2" card should exhibit, it does not show those traits. I am done with PSA and am have decided to use CSG and SGC (for my non sports cards) from here on out.  The hope is that CSG/CCG advances itself in the non-sports market so that I can use them for submitting my non-sports to them as well and keep my collection uniform and avoid the crazy SGC pricing.

Thanks for your posts.

Happy collectiing!

On 8/20/2021 at 10:11 AM, DrPaul47 said:

I took 13 vintage baseball cards to the Nationals tbg  I thought the grading to be a little tougher than I expected. I had several cards I would have sworn they would be 7's and they came back 6's.  Significant reduction in value!  I am old time collector and abided by Beckett rules of grading for many years.  Not sure about CSG but did submit another round to them.

Dr. Paul, what's up? yeah, for sure, CSG is absolutely one of the toughest grades in the hobby. That's why I don't send them older cards that I want to grade to sell. I only send them older cards that I am keeping for my PC bc they have by far the lowest prices. Unfortunately, bc CSG's cards haven't hit the resale value I think they should be at, that's another reason I don't send older cards to them quite yet, bc if I'm re-selling an older, more valuable card I'd like for it to maximize in value. 

Good luck on your further submission to them!

On 9/8/2021 at 8:24 AM, TwoYewts said:

"I’ll send older cards to PSA bc they are absolutely more lenient on older cards"  I would respectfully have to disagree with you on this statement ne1seenmykeys.  I just got two bulk orders back from PSA after waiting almost a year to only kick myself in the rear for sending them to PSA to begin with.  It literally felt like the grader just graded one card and slapped that grade on every other card in that order and sprinkled in a card or two at a grade higher to make it look like they were not just pushing grading jobs through. I even received a "2" on a 1950 bowman that at worst should have received a 4.  When comparing it to what a "2" card should exhibit, it does not show those traits. I am done with PSA and am have decided to use CSG and SGC (for my non sports cards) from here on out.  The hope is that CSG/CCG advances itself in the non-sports market so that I can use them for submitting my non-sports to them as well and keep my collection uniform and avoid the crazy SGC pricing.

Thanks for your posts.

Happy collectiing!

Yeah, that's disappointing to hear, for sure, regardless of the card. 

I guess the only conclusion to come to is that different people have different experiences. I have definitely noticed since PSA has implemented their AI technology in grading the grades have gotten tougher. I just sent them a LeBron Bowman Chrome RC and I was absolutely certain it was going to get a 10 and they gave me a freaking 8 lol. 

My main problem with PSA is their lack of transparency in their grading methods. No subgrades, no look behind the curtain, etc. I will continue to use them bc they get by far the most return on cards, but like you, I really, reeeeeeally hope that CSG/CCG can act as a major player in the game bc I will send them ALL my cards eventually, which are in the tens of thousands right now. 

The good news, imo, is I think they are the most set up and prepared to take over that #2 spot from BGS. The existence of CCG for years as THE place to have comic books graded gives them a tremendous reliability factor hobby wide, and with their transparency upfront about how they grade, the low cost, the transparency on turnaround times (totally different from the turnaround times themselves, which I think is a huge problem), etc etc. I have had nothing but great experiences with them so far and in addition to the order I posted above I have 5 more bulk orders in with them. My 2nd is in grading/encapsulation right now. 

On 8/12/2021 at 10:12 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Yessir!! Thank you, I appreciate it! I added a photo of some of my favorite ones. I got quite a few duplicate 10s, of which I’m not complaining, but that doesn’t make for good photos lol. 

9103A01C-0234-4358-8E51-089BFCB604AC.jpeg

damn killed it i got most of those cards they look great in csg slabs congrats!