• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does the Turn around time clock start

19 posts in this topic

At what point does the turning time start? Is it when it is first received from the post office or when it is received and logged by CSG?  

Is the amount of turn around time locked in when the submission form was created or when the submission was received? 

16 hours ago, iloveturbos said:

At what point does the turning time start? Is it when it is first received from the post office or when it is received and logged by CSG?  

Is the amount of turn around time locked in when the submission form was created or when the submission was received? 

Thank you for your question. The turn around time starts when our receivers scan in the submission packages and that scan updates in our system. The turn around times are not a guarantee, since there might be variables—such as more research. It is an estimate time of how long we think in general it will take to grade based on the information you have provided for us.  

7 hours ago, NicholePer said:

Thank you for your question. The turn around time starts when our receivers scan in the submission packages and that scan updates in our system. The turn around times are not a guarantee, since there might be variables—such as more research. It is an estimate time of how long we think in general it will take to grade based on the information you have provided for us.  

When did this change? 2 weeks ago you submitted a reply on another thread about TATs saying they start when the package enters the facility, NOT when it’s scanned into your system. Has there been a posted update? Please clarify.

1 hour ago, Warner85 said:

When did this change? 2 weeks ago you submitted a reply on another thread about TATs saying they start when the package enters the facility, NOT when it’s scanned into your system. Has there been a posted update? Please clarify.

yeah exactly

8 hours ago, NicholePer said:

Are you seriously saying that the TAT no longer initiates when the package is delivered (as per USPS tracking) to your facility? I really hope I read that wrong!

11 hours ago, NicholePer said:

um excuse me but thats not what it says on the services and fees page: Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages.

On 7/29/2021 at 5:59 PM, Lerxst said:

um excuse me but thats not what it says on the services and fees page: Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages.

You and everyone else are reading incorrectly what the admin said.

When they typed out "...when our receivers scan in the submission packages and that scan updates in our system" they are telling you exactly what it says on the submission page, just in another way. They're saying to you that they take the package when it's received and they then scan that package, thus updating it into their system. This is just the first time it gets entered into the system, which is different than scanning it for research, etc. 

Trust me, as someone who has gotten their package back before the through-date every single time, it's from the day they receive the package. I have also confirmed this with someone on the phone, as well. 

I will admit, though, the admin here could have worded that a bit better. 

6 hours ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

You and everyone else are reading incorrectly what the admin said.

When they typed out "...when our receivers scan in the submission packages and that scan updates in our system" they are telling you exactly what it says on the submission page, just in another way. They're saying to you that they take the package when it's received and they then scan that package, thus updating it into their system. This is just the first time it gets entered into the system, which is different than scanning it for research, etc. 

Trust me, as someone who has gotten their package back before the through-date every single time, it's from the day they receive the package. I have also confirmed this with someone on the phone, as well. 

I will admit, though, the admin here could have worded that a bit better. 

Agreed. I have been happy with the service supplied and understand waiting in this business. Submit and just sit back and wait. 

9 hours ago, Mclipers-Ebay said:

Agreed. I have been happy with the service supplied and understand waiting in this business. Submit and just sit back and wait. 

I’m still waiting on an Admin response. This is the first time they have worded their response like this. Every other time it’s a direct quote from the website, this time it’s different. Why has an Admin not responded since?

Usually this is the response:

Turnaround times now start from the day your package is delivered to our facility, NOT when your submission is entered into our system. Once delivered, submissions are securely stored until opened and entered into our system. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. CCG strives to post the most accurate turnaround times possible. However, a variety of factors, including submissions that are improperly packaged, items that require additional research and other circumstances, may result in delays.

Giving an exact response to everyone is impossible in this business. When I submit cards for bulk I expect it to take 90-120 days to be graded. If it goes over by 30 days I don’t care. It seems that people are more worried about time frames of grading then what the real worries should be. 
GRADING. If CSG would turn the cards around in 20 days on a “90 day” return timeline but the grades are all wrong what’s the point? 
 CSG is growing and there grading is just as good if not better than BGS from the early 2000’s when BGS was King. 
So focus on the accuracy of grading and not the 30 days longer then expected wait times. 

Just because some people are used to it and okay with the way grading companies are “handling” their backlog doesn’t mean everyone has to. I went with CSG because I didn’t trust PSA and SGC was expensive at the time. I sent in 41 cards at economy level because I wanted mine returned quicker than bulk subs, thats when turnaround was 40 days. Some people are receiving bulk orders back before economy currently. I’m at business day 90 with no end in sight. Will they give me bulk pricing when economy is taking longer than bulk? Absolutely not. I don’t think asking for accurate grading and accurate TATs is unreasonable, when we all know it can be fixed by drastically raising pricing to slow orders or shutting down like PSA finally did.

Edited by Warner85

6 hours ago, Warner85 said:

Just because some people are used to it and okay with the way grading companies are “handling” their backlog doesn’t mean everyone has to. I went with CSG because I didn’t trust PSA and SGC was expensive at the time. I sent in 41 cards at economy level because I wanted mine returned quicker than bulk subs, thats when turnaround was 40 days. Some people are receiving bulk orders back before economy currently. I’m at business day 90 with no end in sight. Will they give me bulk pricing when economy is taking longer than bulk? Absolutely not. I don’t think asking for accurate grading and accurate TATs is unreasonable, when we all know it can be fixed by drastically raising pricing to slow orders or shutting down like PSA finally did.

"or shutting down like PSA finally did" i think thats inevitable at this point.. seems like these grading companies are all driven by profit and greed more than customer service. They push it as far as they can before they have to put things on hold. pretty crappy business model if you ask me