• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

110 posts in this topic

For those wondering about time frame, here's how my order has progressed thus far.:

50 Card Bulk 

Delivered to SGC 04/05/21

Marked as received by SGC 06/04/21

Enters G/E/I stage on 06/18/21

Enters grading/quality control 09/16/21

Will update when it moves to stage 437 of the 982 stage process. Turnaround times were projected at 90 business days when they received. It has now been 119 business days. 

Don't get your hopes up

On 9/17/2021 at 4:07 AM, JACK0114 said:

For those wondering about time frame, here's how my order has progressed thus far.:

50 Card Bulk 

Will update when it moves to stage 437 of the 982 stage process. Turnaround times were projected at 90 business days when they received. It has now been 119 business days. 

Don't get your hopes up

That's closer to 74 business days. It's my understanding the date the clock starts is when it is marked received, so the 6/4 date would start the count. 

On 9/17/2021 at 7:07 AM, JACK0114 said:

50 Card Bulk 

Don't get your hopes up

It shouldn't take too much longer from here. I got my 3/30 bulk back in my hands this past Monday. I think you'll be happy with the product.  Unless you're a seller......

On 9/17/2021 at 8:34 AM, Steven M Volden said:

That's closer to 74 business days. It's my understanding the date the clock starts is when it is marked received, so the 6/4 date would start the count. 

They walked that back a while ago I believe. It's now from delivery date. Not that it matters much when it starts.

50 Card Bulk 

Don't get your hopes up

Mine was delivered 4/2, "received" 5/24, still hasn't hit G/QC. Seems FIFO might be questionable.

On 9/17/2021 at 4:53 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

They walked that back a while ago I believe. It's now from delivery date. Not that it matters much when it starts.

Mine was delivered 4/2, "received" 5/24, still hasn't hit G/QC. Seems FIFO might be questionable.

Yeah you'll prob wanna cal them for that bc mine was received on 6/17 and in g/e/i right now (has been for more than a minute, too)

my 4/19 order just went in grading so hopefully by christmas ill have them back but i wont hold my breath . I see turn around time have gone down some and they are opening stuff from the week of august 30th , with in a week or two they went from opening packages from may to august 30th looks like they are getting as many subs. This company is behind on everything they do and still lies and give ppl bs responses and answers and all ppl want to a honest answer and not get the run around oh and they want the cards back in a decent time frame . Also with PSa trying to open sometime in 4q that will help with csg turn around times as lots of people will go back to subbing with psa . I know ill will crack some of my csg slabs an send them to psa to get better grades and more roi , I hope csg lears from all this mess they have created moving forward and more so for everyone who is subbing with them that these slabs gain value in the market as i think csg has the best slabs out there espically once you get them in hand . .

Edited by Rob420

First CSG lost this package for 5 weeks,was marked express, sent 2 boxes in same day, other order got done in appropriate time.. this order was lost, admittedly by CSG, then I get the card back, and see it is not even close to the right label. 

So now have to resend this back, will be gone again for weeks.  This wasn't the first time they lost an express or walk through, and certainly not 1st time they jacked up a label- I get it.. mistakes happen, but WHERE is the quality control before label is made and before it is shipped?? Supposedly they have stage just for double checking the order.   Then I am put on hold for 15+ mins, cause I want to talk to a mgr, not someone new who has no idea even what I am talking about. 

Have 2000 more cards, and would like to keep subbing with them, but this is getting ridiculous.  

What I liked about CSG is customer service and people calling back, now that sucks. 

Not paying $92 a card to have a half-assed job done. 

20210922_130711.thumb.jpg.1a49ad0231e26b19e0218b4c6af317bf.jpg

20210922_124250.jpg

20210922_130330.jpg

20210922_121755.jpg

idk about weeks , they will cover the overnight shipping both ways and doesnt take long to get it back, happen to me and got it back in about a week. I stopped subbing with them last month for a few reasons , Turn around times are crazy and will only honnor the current times no matter what they were when you sent them in , they want to charge for everything from auto grade to sub gradesa to thicker slabs (greedy), they lie lie lie to customers , resale sucks on the slabs no matter if you have sub grades or not  . Csg has the best slabs on the market i feel but they sucks on everything else thery do , and if you notice most of the post are from customers who are mad and you never see csg reply to them in the chats . I get better customer service from Chic fil a on a sunday .

Edited by Rob420

On 9/22/2021 at 2:14 PM, KBost33 said:

First CSG lost this package for 5 weeks,was marked express, sent 2 boxes in same day, other order got done in appropriate time.. this order was lost, admittedly by CSG, then I get the card back, and see it is not even close to the right label. 

So now have to resend this back, will be gone again for weeks.  This wasn't the first time they lost an express or walk through, and certainly not 1st time they jacked up a label- I get it.. mistakes happen, but WHERE is the quality control before label is made and before it is shipped?? Supposedly they have stage just for double checking the order.   Then I am put on hold for 15+ mins, cause I want to talk to a mgr, not someone new who has no idea even what I am talking about. 

Have 2000 more cards, and would like to keep subbing with them, but this is getting ridiculous.  

What I liked about CSG is customer service and people calling back, now that sucks. 

Not paying $92 a card to have a half-assed job done. 

20210922_130711.thumb.jpg.1a49ad0231e26b19e0218b4c6af317bf.jpg

20210922_124250.jpg

20210922_130330.jpg

20210922_121755.jpg

i would never of paid that amount for a new company , youd of been better off sending to Sgc or paying a few bucks more for Psa esp if your looking at it for reselling 

On 9/22/2021 at 1:47 PM, Rob420 said:

i would never of paid that amount for a new company , youd of been better off sending to Sgc or paying a few bucks more for Psa esp if your looking at it for reselling 

I only paid that because it was express, which at time was a myth that your package got opened first and other submissions got loaded too... and it was supposed too have sub-grades too... I am not a fan of SGC, and I have tons at PSA now.. so, figured if it helped my other orders get opened was okay.. I have had it help other orders.. not this one! LOL!

On 9/21/2021 at 5:20 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Yeah you'll prob wanna cal them for that bc mine was received on 6/17 and in g/e/i right now (has been for more than a minute, too)

It's been in GEI since 7/26 when they billed me, but hasn't progressed passed there. Called twice, just to try to get a ballpark idea as to whether I need to pay fees for a vendor table at local card show. First they told me August, then September, but it's going to roll right on past that as well.

I've noticed people posting two different statuses post GEI. So I'm not sure how many stages it goes through anymore as it was previously Imaged/Finalized/Shipped I believe. Part I don't understand is they told me that it had already completed "Grading" when I paid. So the two month wait since then has been for them to be slabbed? Just leads to confusion, and get a different story every time I call.

Screenshot_20210923-082932__01.jpg

50 Card Bulk 

Don't get your hopes up

Your stuff get shipped yet?

I used to be excited and anxious about getting orders done, and seeing grades. Now I just assume the grades will suck, and I am never disappointed.  I don't expect to see 10s from CSG, my new game, is trying to guess how much money I wasted per order on sub-grades (all of it).. and to guess how much they let me down. Never disappointed that why. 

On 9/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, KBost33 said:

I used to be excited and anxious about getting orders done, and seeing grades. Now I just assume the grades will suck, and I am never disappointed.  I don't expect to see 10s from CSG, my new game, is trying to guess how much money I wasted per order on sub-grades (all of it).. and to guess how much they let me down. Never disappointed that why. 

At this point, don't care what the grades, QC is like. They can slab them upside down and give them 1s for all I care. Sent in on 80 TAT. Sitting at business day 125, still hasn't shipped. Just need them back 🤣

On 9/17/2021 at 7:53 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

My cards were delivered 5/4, received 7/7, G/E/I 9/3....  Looks like I will have a package under the Christmas tree, lol...

My order was delivered the first week of April. Status shows recieved 6/17/21. Cards have been in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging since the middle of July (over 3 months). When I mailed the order, bulk was a 60 day turnaround. It is now over 200 days since my order was delivered. Current "estimated" turnaround time is 171 business days.

Not a fan.

I just sent 8 cards to SGC and received them back in 22 days for $30 per card. CSG cost $60.00 for the same turnaround time as SGC at $30.00. I like CSGs holders better, but I can't handle the inflated prices and wait times.

Screenshot_20211022-150554~2.png

Yeah, my bulk order finally change to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging.  Shipping Received first week of May, "Received" in system 8/14, now 11/16 in G/E/I.  Looks like 3 months per step so far.  Should I expect another 3 months before getting cards back?  That puts in the February range.  This turnaround time isn't very good.  I see they upped the bulk now to 187 days.  With the holidays coming up, you are looking at 10 months (at least) to get a bulk order back if sent today.