• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

110 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, JACK0114 said:

I paid by check. Cards received on 06/04/21. Check was deposited and cleared on 06/06/21. They were really quick to take my money. Its now 2 months since received. 

These guys are a sinking ship. They aren't doing anything to right the ship. As a business owner, I would be ashamed of myself. You don't wait months to make changes if things aren't working. You fix it now. I guess it's easier to people off and screw people over when you have a warehouse full of checks and payments and your cost to operate is the same. These guys are stretching themselves very thin, trying to maximize profits without adding more expense. They are going to do this as long as they can. At least until their graders get burnt out and leave, or they have so many complaints that no one ever uses them. Horribly run business. My first and last order I will be sending them unless they get their mess together. I was really giving them the benefit of the doubt before speaking out on it, but these guys really, really, really suck. When 90% of your customers come to chat boards just to complain, you're definitely doing it wrong. 

You would think that they would look as far as PSA to get a clue but apparently they are going down the very same rabbit hole. At least PSA suspended submissions to catch up (little too little too late).. this industry needs a company that knows how to manage extreme volume. even SGC seems to have slowed down now. 

Anyone's bulk orders gotten out of this phase recently?

If so, please put down the dates of when your order was delivered, the date it was marked as received and the date it was shipped. I'm trying to get an idea when my submission will be done. 

9 minutes ago, Sfeeman said:

I think it's kind of a slap in the face to people that have been waiting for their orders to even be opened, that these companies had time to set up at the national show. 

Agreed. I think SGC understood this and that's why they did what they did at The National.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:37 PM, Blackbeard32 said:

I was in that status for 3 weeks. Just moved into "Grading/ Quality Control "

How long until your order moved from Quality Control to Shipped?

My order just moved from Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging to Grading/Quality Control which hopefully means the time consuming things are over and now it's just a final signoff.

Edited by DJ Mahk

1 hour ago, DJ Mahk said:

My order just moved from Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging to Grading/Quality Control which hopefully means the time consuming things are over and now it's just a final signoff.

I've been in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for about 6 weeks now.

The fact that they haven't posted "if you have a bulk order, grading/encapsulation takes between 7-10 (or whatever it is) weeks, if you have an economy order, it takes around x-y weeks, etc" is disappointing. It would stop a lot of the complaining. Just knowing really helps.

1 hour ago, DJ Mahk said:

oh great after sitting in G/E/I for a month, there's yet another stage after that one?! ay Dios mio!

On 8/10/2021 at 2:40 PM, DJ Mahk said:

Update for all the fine folks here.  My order, after going from Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging to Grading/Quality, spent only 2 days there before being updated to Shipped.  Lovely!

you got lucky then 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:40 PM, DJ Mahk said:

Update for all the fine folks here.  My order, after going from Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging to Grading/Quality, spent only 2 days there before being updated to Shipped.  Lovely!

How long were you in the encapsulation imaging stage? 

This I believe unfortunately will be the last time I use CSG. They still have my standard order which is well past the "estimated" turn around time. I put a standard order in a month later than my order with a 3rd party submitter and I've had those cards for over a month now. The inconsistency is unacceptable.

Edited by Sfeeman

K, bye.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:50 PM, Sfeeman said:

This I believe unfortunately will be the last time I use CSG. They still have my standard order which is well past the "estimated" turn around time. I put a standard order in a month later than my order with a 3rd party submitter and I've had those cards for over a month now. The inconsistency is unacceptable.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:05 PM, Rob420 said:

seems like it really doesnt matter when Csg gets your cards or schedules them for grading they are gonna sit and Csg is gonna go off the current turn around times regardless of what they were when you sent them in , thats kinda shady 

Don't attempt to get any kind of assistance in the forums. It's just a bunch of fanboys or trolls. Sorry your order has taken so long it really isn't the best business model I've seen by far.