• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

110 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

Did they give you the grades? I used to call CGC a long time ago for my comics and  they would give you grades over the phone. I know asking for grades for bulk orders can be tedious and time consuming,  but I was curious if they offered. 

They recently changed policy about giving grades over the phone. 

https://www.csgcards.com/news/article/8978/submission-grades/

On 7/23/2021 at 11:57 AM, Matt Tryg said:

This happened to me today as well, but it also happened prior to receiving the grades on a couple other submissions with them.  Grades were not far behind the last time.  Optimistic that this case is the same.

How long did it take for you to see your grades after this happened to you?

On 7/16/2021 at 10:38 AM, NicholePer said:

This means that the submission in the grading, encapsulation and imaging phase in that order.

Then why did I just get a Grading/Quality Control update today? What are you guys doing over there? To me it seems like an extra step added to the production line to simply be able to charge us when you have actually started grading yet. It's weird and we all notice it. It's not an option in the list of "Current Status".

On 7/20/2021 at 8:22 AM, jeffreyshamill said:

My Economy order of 100 cards was delivered on 4/5 and received on 6/17.  They went from received to processing, back to received, and have been on grading/encapsulation/imagining for about 3 weeks now.  I haven't been charged yet however.  Hope that helps.  Looks like economy orders are now marked at 59 days, but my order is at 73 business days since delivery.

Did u get your cards back ?

32 minutes ago, jeffreyshamill said:

No, I haven't.  Still in the Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging stage.  

i got my last of my march sub back yesterday , total 131 days and when i subbed the cards till they got back to me , it was a 60 day turn around time when i subbed the cards and they didnt even come close to making that 60 days . I dont think it matter when the turn around time was 60 days when the cards got to them , they held them hostage to what ever the current turn around time was and thats not right , if you sub something at a certain turn around it should be done in that time but what they did and do is whatever cards they have no matter when they get then they will hold them based on whatever there turn around time is currently and thats not good , i love the slabs but they have alot of work to do inside the company if they want to be a major player . 

So they are NOT working on cards received the week of May 5, 2021 as stated. Mine were received the week of April 26, 2021 but CSG is only working on cards "scanned in" by May 6th. Mine were "scanned in" on May 7th, even though received a week earlier. Just an FYI.

My Economy order has been in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for a couple of weeks now, so I emailed.  Rep let me know that the cards have been graded and are now waiting to be encapsulated.  They charge you at grading, but then you have to wait for them to get slabbed, photographed, and shipped.  You'd think that'd be the fastest stage but it seems to be the slowest.

48 minutes ago, DJ Mahk said:

My Economy order has been in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for a couple of weeks now, so I emailed.  Rep let me know that the cards have been graded and are now waiting to be encapsulated.  They charge you at grading, but then you have to wait for them to get slabbed, photographed, and shipped.  You'd think that'd be the fastest stage but it seems to be the slowest.

When did u sub your economy  order out anyways? 

Received date was 5/28 which was maybe a week after the package was delivered to them. I had economy cards in with express cards (86 Rice, 87 Jordan). I was charged for grading about 3 weeks later, even before the grading status was reflected (when I paid for me express order).

I paid by check. Cards received on 06/04/21. Check was deposited and cleared on 06/06/21. They were really quick to take my money. Its now 2 months since received. 

These guys are a sinking ship. They aren't doing anything to right the ship. As a business owner, I would be ashamed of myself. You don't wait months to make changes if things aren't working. You fix it now. I guess it's easier to people off and screw people over when you have a warehouse full of checks and payments and your cost to operate is the same. These guys are stretching themselves very thin, trying to maximize profits without adding more expense. They are going to do this as long as they can. At least until their graders get burnt out and leave, or they have so many complaints that no one ever uses them. Horribly run business. My first and last order I will be sending them unless they get their mess together. I was really giving them the benefit of the doubt before speaking out on it, but these guys really, really, really suck. When 90% of your customers come to chat boards just to complain, you're definitely doing it wrong. 

On 7/29/2021 at 3:32 PM, DJ Mahk said:

same