Scheduled for Grading
1 1

112 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 11:44 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

This. I can’t believe the junk people are submitting for grading. Call me a gatekeeper all you want, but search for CSG on eBay and check out the absolute garbage people are sending them to grade. The same people are then the first to complain when TATs and grading costs blow up. Go find a different hobby to destroy.

Having been here now since almost the start of this in early March....I've noted a few things

• The surge in desiring graded, slabbed carded was grossly underestimated by all of the graders.  They all were swamped and in over their heads in the blink of an eye
  • It seems that to all the past four months has been four years
  • I do see some signs of encouragement, however with CSG
    • Primarily the acquisition of CSG's parent company by Blackstone (multi-billion $ company who is extremely proficient at optimizing a business)
    • Blackstone will put the resources into this and clean house on some of the processes...putting leadership into it who understands how to make money and get customers on board
    • I too get frustrated with the grading of the low-end cards, but I can't take fault with the folks putting the large bulk orders.   They will raise the bulk prices as that is lost revenue with the current system so I think some of that will be snuffed out sooner than later.   
    • The hiring going on and the expansion of storage facilities likely masks the increases they are working to add much more capacity in slabbing
    • TAT's will continue to fluctuate until the capacity can handle the demand.  Once that stabilizes we'll see a slow decrease in prices, but that is not on the near horizon
    • Maintaining rigor in their grading process will protect the value of their slabs
    • Next few months will shake out those who can't wait and don't realize they are not the only ones "enjoying" these delays
    • Finally, the current employees are well aware of the limitations of the system they work in.   Browbeating them (not you Puns, but many others) adds nothing to this.  

3 hours ago, Stormysweather said:

• I too get frustrated with the grading of the low-end cards, but I can't take fault with the folks putting the large bulk orders.   They will raise the bulk prices as that is lost revenue with the current system so I think some of that will be snuffed out sooner than later.

Well, ultimately, you get a choice in what you can grade and so does anybody else. If they send in 100 1989 Donruss cards -- or even 100 new Ja Morants -- and lose their butts with mediocre grades because they submit anything they probably won't do it again.

I grade oddball and weird stuff that I like -- and many might scoff at -- but I paid my $X to do so just like the guy sending in 50 Luis Robert cards. CSG is offering the service -- and they're being a lot more democratic (like ground balls in Bull Durham) without prices that are three-figures to get a card graded. Without that, a lot more people won't be grading and/or buying graded cards right now. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:28 AM, nbuff52 said:

Just here to join in and say "Same Here"

I asked customer service about that and they said they changed it so that you will only see the cards and the grades once it has shipped.

Has anyone seen an update to the website regarding this? Everyone shouldn’t be finding out a new rule or policy by word of mouth (so to speak). This should be updated.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:15 AM, Warner85 said:

One of my orders is a single card standard level, since April 6th. They called me 3 weeks ago saying they lost my credit card info so I had to resubmit the information to them. Called yesterday to double check the status of that card and they had not passed on my credit card information, and they still had it on hold! Now my single card is supposed to be returned within a week, but I’ll call to double check later. Not impressed so far.

Warner85 I have called multiple times with no return call or customer service. I received an invoice for my order it appears they haven't passed on my credit card info for payment as well. I am deeply concerned at this point that they are keeping my cards. 

26 minutes ago, CSG_Collector said:

Warner85 I have called multiple times with no return call or customer service. I received an invoice for my order it appears they haven't passed on my credit card info for payment as well. I am deeply concerned at this point that they are keeping my cards. 

On my first order, I received an invoice via email. I wrote back to the woman who sent the email and provided her my CC and it was processed that day. I didn't look at my original copy I sent very closely, but I realized the CC number was starred out... which makes sense. After that, they were graded and shipped.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:05 PM, oluckydayo said:

A huge part of the reason we're in this mess is flippers on low value cards.  Lots of them send in hundreds of cards in bulk orders to flip for $10-30 profit each.   Time is money to them, and they're also likely the vocal minority here complaining that their bulk orders are taking so long.

Getting 7's and 8's on those .50 cent cards and now have to sell at a loss flooding ebay with garbage cards in CSG slabs and overall cheapening the look of the brand. 

On 7/24/2021 at 7:23 AM, KLWalden said:

Yeah I got 8 cards on 2 orders —waiting since mid-March — CSG is a joke sorry but when bulk sub groups are getting April orders back it show they simply could care less about the “small” guy I’m done with them HGA and SGC are on time and honest at least 

love SGC!

2 hours ago, the10thinning said:

I sent my bulk submission in on 3/28 it was checked in on 5/25.  When do you think I may get the cards back.  says scheduled for grading, so are we talking November, December at the earliest?

I sent mine a week after yours. Mine are economy. 27 without subgrades and 13 with subgrades. The 27 card order has been in “Grading” status for 6 weeks now. The smaller order with subgrades (13 cards) they haven’t started grading.  2 months longer process because of subgrades?? God damn ridiculous. I asked for bulk pricing since it’ll probably be 120 business days at this rate (40 day when submitted). They said NO. If I would have done BULK level with no subgrades I’d probably have them back by now, along with half the price. Just shut down already and think of the customer.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:05 PM, oluckydayo said:

A huge part of the reason we're in this mess is flippers on low value cards.  Lots of them send in hundreds of cards in bulk orders to flip for $10-30 profit each.   Time is money to them, and they're also likely the vocal minority here complaining that their bulk orders are taking so long.

I think that is so dumb. Not saying you are wrong, but why would people who are going to make 10-30/card be complaining when they are the ones who are sending in thousands of cards that literally cause the backlog? 

I, admittedly, am one of those people. I open my fair share of hobby boxes and CSG's low price for grading per card is a great way to make some money off lower tiered cards, but my god I would never think to complain about turnaround times, mostly bc I'm not sending in cards i can't afford to live without. 

The way that most people react on here you'd think their freaking lives were riding on the line bc they hadn't gotten their cards back. It's insane. 

45 minutes ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

I think that is so dumb. Not saying you are wrong, but why would people who are going to make 10-30/card be complaining when they are the ones who are sending in thousands of cards that literally cause the backlog? 

I, admittedly, am one of those people. I open my fair share of hobby boxes and CSG's low price for grading per card is a great way to make some money off lower tiered cards, but my god I would never think to complain about turnaround times, mostly bc I'm not sending in cards i can't afford to live without. 

The way that most people react on here you'd think their freaking lives were riding on the line bc they hadn't gotten their cards back. It's insane. 

with all due respect, you are missing the point. its because the company a) is not adhering to their own advertised TAT - not even close, and b) customer service does not seem all that genuine with their responses to pissed off customers. thats a recipe for disaster. they are going down the very same rabbit hole PSA went down by not admitting to the backlog or even facing it as reality and are pushing the limits as far as possible to cash in before they finally have to suspend service.. so no its not insane