• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scheduled for Grading
1 1

112 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, IceHole said:

My "standard" order, which was delivered 4/29 finally moved to "Scheduled for Grading" 7/21.  Has been there since.  Over 70 business days.  When I sent them the Turn Around Time for standard was 30 business days.  I'm over the 72 business days stated in the current turn around times...which I'm sure will go up Monday to 77.

csg.jpg

I think they are in the same predicament as PSA.. totally overwhelmed with submissions, yet they keep taking more and digging a deeper hole. Only a matter of time until they do what PSA did and suspend subs until they get caught up, but meanwhile they have our money.. smh

15 minutes ago, DDDdddDDDKid said:

Can anyone tell me why one of my orders would not be showing up in the system.  I sent in in early April and then two other times but the first one does not show in my submission tracking.

Is it over 90 days? I think you might have to enter your submission number in the search box if it's over 90 days.

22 hours ago, IceHole said:

My "standard" order, which was delivered 4/29 finally moved to "Scheduled for Grading" 7/21.  Has been there since.  Over 70 business days.  When I sent them the Turn Around Time for standard was 30 business days.  I'm over the 72 business days stated in the current turn around times...which I'm sure will go up Monday to 77.

csg.jpg

How many cards in your standard order? Mine was 8 cards total, all 2018-2020 chrome autos.

22 hours ago, Steven M Volden said:

How many cards in your standard order? Mine was 8 cards total, all 2018-2020 chrome autos.

they will go off whatever the current turn around time is and its bs they will do that 

my order was sent on 3/28 and received into the system 5/25.  It is a bulk order.  So am I  looking at 3 more months in the scheduled for grading status?  I guess I should have talked to them at the National but did not want to ruin my day with what they might have given me as an answer.

Edited by the10thinning

On 8/3/2021 at 5:58 PM, LAgambit said:

"literally no way that any card grading company could have ever forseen what was about to happen"

Cmon now, anyone with 2 brain cells could have seen the same issues with bulk services creating bottlenecks that occurred at PSA , BGS, and SGC. Its not Rocket Science. 

That’s just not true, sorry. 

PSA makes up the VAST majority of this business and there was literally no way for CSG, which was JUST getting off the ground, could have anticipated the amount of cards at first. 

I will say this - I think they’re making a mistake by continuing to adhere to the “we’ll take as many bulk orders as humanly possible” creed still, but at the same time the people sending in need to make the best educated decision. 

I just see a lot of uneducated buyers remorse in here and it just comes off as pathetic to me. 

On 8/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

PSA makes up the VAST majority of this business and there was literally no way for CSG, which was JUST getting off the ground, could have anticipated the amount of cards at first. 

I will say this - I think they’re making a mistake by continuing to adhere to the “we’ll take as many bulk orders as humanly possible” creed still, but at the same time the people sending in need to make the best educated decision. 

I just see a lot of uneducated buyers remorse in here and it just comes off as pathetic to me. 

Like this stupidity.  I only see one thing pathetic.. ^^^^^^^ 

On 8/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

"PSA makes up the VAST majority of this business and there was literally no way for CSG, which was JUST getting off the ground, could have anticipated the amount of cards at first. "

Again. Any with 2 Brain Cells would have taken one look at your competition - Seems like you're unaware, but the massive influx of cards didnt just happen to PSA. It also happened to BGS and SGC. So , again, one look at your competition, which any business worth their salt would have done, would have quickly shown how bad of an idea cheap bulk was. Especially for a new company not yet scaled to handle bulk subs. 

"literally no way" - is just not true, sorry... And its also a bit dramatic. 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:02 AM, LAgambit said:

"PSA makes up the VAST majority of this business and there was literally no way for CSG, which was JUST getting off the ground, could have anticipated the amount of cards at first. "

Again. Any with 2 Brain Cells would have taken one look at your competition - Seems like you're unaware, but the massive influx of cards didnt just happen to PSA. It also happened to BGS and SGC. So , again, one look at your competition, which any business worth their salt would have done, would have quickly shown how bad of an idea cheap bulk was. Especially for a new company not yet scaled to handle bulk subs. 

"literally no way" - is just not true, sorry... And its also a bit dramatic. 

Greed pure and simple. It looks like they are in an even worse predicament than PSA was before they suspended service. Im sure it looked great on paper to them, but if you dont have the staff or capability to pull it off then thats a recipe for disaster and thats what we are seeing here.. DISASTER!

On 8/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Even "GMA" if you want to consider that a grading service had a backlog when CSG started. Estimates are wildly_fanciful_statement, when you call customer service they feed you wildly_fanciful_statement, and I think I've had issues with three orders out of six. One was a damaged card when it was slabbed, two were incorrect labels...

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Doesn't matter if the grading is good, or what the finished product looks like if you alienate your customers by bending them over and plowing them at every turn. Their decisions aren't oriented towards putting the customer first.

i sent in 4 submissions first one came back. one card was missed labeled. i sent it back they got it on July 12 and could not find it till last week 11 of Aug. now i waiting for them to reholder  it which should be 1st priority. the last order was economy it was received by CSG on the 4th of may but there telling me they have it received on the 11th of may. yet the USPS tracking clearly states the 4th of may. i questioned why it was not open yet when they were working on the week of 5th of may. it should be open and graded. but all of a sudden they changed to opening the week of 3th may. all my submissions were sent in when bulk was 60 days and 70-80 days, and economy was 30 to 47 days. all my orders are now over 3 months and they just finished one economy order.

On 8/14/2021 at 7:59 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Even "GMA" if you want to consider that a grading service had a backlog when CSG started. Estimates are wildly_fanciful_statement, when you call customer service they feed you wildly_fanciful_statement, and I think I've had issues with three orders out of six. One was a damaged card when it was slabbed, two were incorrect labels...

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Doesn't matter if the grading is good, or what the finished product looks like if you alienate your customers by bending them over and plowing them at every turn. Their decisions aren't oriented towards putting the customer first.

I mean sure, but we're also only hearing your side of the story here. I can't even fathom the amount of incompetence that the ppl at these grading companies have to deal with, from people mislabeling cards, to putting them out of order, to undervaluing them, etc etc. 

I haven't had one issue with CSG through 3 full bulk orders. Everything has been smooth as a whistle. All 3 orders have been after they said they'd get them back to me but who cares? It's the grading industry and the reason I send them bulk orders is bc it's such a cheap way to encapsulate all the cards I want to keep forever + make a profit on cards that I'd otherwise sell raw. 

If you use CSG exactly what they are good for and stay leaning on those strengths then you and others wouldn't be in such freakout mode and hounding their staff on these boards :shrug:

On 8/15/2021 at 3:29 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

I mean sure, but we're also only hearing your side of the story here. I can't even fathom the amount of incompetence that the ppl at these grading companies have to deal with, from people mislabeling cards, to putting them out of order, to undervaluing them, etc etc. 

I haven't had one issue with CSG through 3 full bulk orders. Everything has been smooth as a whistle. All 3 orders have been after they said they'd get them back to me but who cares? It's the grading industry and the reason I send them bulk orders is bc it's such a cheap way to encapsulate all the cards I want to keep forever + make a profit on cards that I'd otherwise sell raw. 

If you use CSG exactly what they are good for and stay leaning on those strengths then you and others wouldn't be in such freakout mode and hounding their staff on these boards :shrug:

I think it's quite the stretch to consider it freaking out when you have expectations and paying $1k a month in advance before it's ready to be shipped back. Maybe most people don't like getting bent, but it's cool if you do. No judgement.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:33 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I think it's quite the stretch to consider it freaking out when you have expectations and paying $1k a month in advance before it's ready to be shipped back. Maybe most people don't like getting bent, but it's cool if you do. No judgement.

I wonder how many people have disputed their credit card charges. Tough spot to be in, you want your cards back obviously but you also dont want to be charged for something youre not getting. Seems like they've got us over a barrel. Horribly run company imo, from submission to customer service to order fulfilment.. a to z they get an F in my book!