• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scheduled for Grading
1 1

112 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, the10thinning said:

I sent my bulk submission in on 3/28 it was checked in on 5/25.  When do you think I may get the cards back.  says scheduled for grading, so are we talking November, December at the earliest?

I sent mine a week after yours. Mine are economy. 27 without subgrades and 13 with subgrades. The 27 card order has been in “Grading” status for 6 weeks now. The smaller order with subgrades (13 cards) they haven’t started grading.  2 months longer process because of subgrades?? God damn ridiculous. I asked for bulk pricing since it’ll probably be 120 business days at this rate (40 day when submitted). They said NO. If I would have done BULK level with no subgrades I’d probably have them back by now, along with half the price. Just shut down already and think of the customer.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:05 PM, oluckydayo said:

A huge part of the reason we're in this mess is flippers on low value cards.  Lots of them send in hundreds of cards in bulk orders to flip for $10-30 profit each.   Time is money to them, and they're also likely the vocal minority here complaining that their bulk orders are taking so long.

I think that is so dumb. Not saying you are wrong, but why would people who are going to make 10-30/card be complaining when they are the ones who are sending in thousands of cards that literally cause the backlog? 

I, admittedly, am one of those people. I open my fair share of hobby boxes and CSG's low price for grading per card is a great way to make some money off lower tiered cards, but my god I would never think to complain about turnaround times, mostly bc I'm not sending in cards i can't afford to live without. 

The way that most people react on here you'd think their freaking lives were riding on the line bc they hadn't gotten their cards back. It's insane. 

45 minutes ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

I think that is so dumb. Not saying you are wrong, but why would people who are going to make 10-30/card be complaining when they are the ones who are sending in thousands of cards that literally cause the backlog? 

I, admittedly, am one of those people. I open my fair share of hobby boxes and CSG's low price for grading per card is a great way to make some money off lower tiered cards, but my god I would never think to complain about turnaround times, mostly bc I'm not sending in cards i can't afford to live without. 

The way that most people react on here you'd think their freaking lives were riding on the line bc they hadn't gotten their cards back. It's insane. 

with all due respect, you are missing the point. its because the company a) is not adhering to their own advertised TAT - not even close, and b) customer service does not seem all that genuine with their responses to pissed off customers. thats a recipe for disaster. they are going down the very same rabbit hole PSA went down by not admitting to the backlog or even facing it as reality and are pushing the limits as far as possible to cash in before they finally have to suspend service.. so no its not insane

8 minutes ago, Lerxst said:

with all due respect, you are missing the point. its because the company a) is not adhering to their own advertised TAT - not even close, and b) customer service does not seem all that genuine with their responses to pissed off customers. thats a recipe for disaster. they are going down the very same rabbit hole PSA went down by not admitting to the backlog or even facing it as reality and are pushing the limits as far as possible to cash in before they finally have to suspend service.. so no its not insane

I simply disagree with you. This is how capitalism and money works. 

A) It is literally plastered all over their site that it is an ESTIMATED turnaround time, so right there they have wiggle room, regardless of your feelings toward the matter.

A.1) This hobby absolutely was set on fire last year and continues to not slow down whatsoever, with record card prices being broken every month, etc. There is literally no way that any card grading company, *ESP ONE THAT JUST OPENED LIKE CSG*, could have ever forseen what was about to happen to the rest of the grading companies once PSA shut their doors down to everything but $300 and up. 

Be honest with yourself. CSG was *just* getting off the floor (yes, I know they have CGC but that is an entirely separate entity) and then literally millions of cards that would have been sent to PSA flooded other grading companies. There was ZERO way they could have known what was going to happen unless the CEO of PSA hit up the other grading companies and was like, "Yo, staff up."

So your complaints about CSG fall on deaf ears to me bc I haven't had one complaint with them. They are way, WAY over the TAT for my other 4 bulk orders but I literally don't give a bc from the beginning they've always said it's an ESTIMATED turnaround time and I'm paying 10/card to get graded so who f*cking cares?

B) I have had numerous interactions with cust servc from CSG and they've always been amazing. They could def stand to improve some things, but again, THEY JUST STARTED as a company. There are going to be bumps in the road, new trainees that need to get caught up, people that ::GASP:: make mistakes even!!! 

You and everyone else that is literally sh*tting your pants about an area where they are legally covered from every angle need to stop whining and just take your business elsewhere. With a 141-day TAT for their bulk orders right now I'd say they probably won't miss you, and believe me, as someone who worked in customer service call centers in my younger days the call center reps at CSG will be MORE than glad for you to not call in anymore. You kinda sound like a Karen, a real "lemme talk to your manager" type. 

I'm going to keep grading with CSG bc they have been nothing but awesome with me, regardless of how long they are taking. 

Stop sending in cards you can't emotionally handle being without.   

1 hour ago, ne1seenmykeys said:

I simply disagree with you. This is how capitalism and money works. 

A) It is literally plastered all over their site that it is an ESTIMATED turnaround time, so right there they have wiggle room, regardless of your feelings toward the matter.

A.1) This hobby absolutely was set on fire last year and continues to not slow down whatsoever, with record card prices being broken every month, etc. There is literally no way that any card grading company, *ESP ONE THAT JUST OPENED LIKE CSG*, could have ever forseen what was about to happen to the rest of the grading companies once PSA shut their doors down to everything but $300 and up. 

Be honest with yourself. CSG was *just* getting off the floor (yes, I know they have CGC but that is an entirely separate entity) and then literally millions of cards that would have been sent to PSA flooded other grading companies. There was ZERO way they could have known what was going to happen unless the CEO of PSA hit up the other grading companies and was like, "Yo, staff up."

So your complaints about CSG fall on deaf ears to me bc I haven't had one complaint with them. They are way, WAY over the TAT for my other 4 bulk orders but I literally don't give a bc from the beginning they've always said it's an ESTIMATED turnaround time and I'm paying 10/card to get graded so who f*cking cares?

B) I have had numerous interactions with cust servc from CSG and they've always been amazing. They could def stand to improve some things, but again, THEY JUST STARTED as a company. There are going to be bumps in the road, new trainees that need to get caught up, people that ::GASP:: make mistakes even!!! 

You and everyone else that is literally sh*tting your pants about an area where they are legally covered from every angle need to stop whining and just take your business elsewhere. With a 141-day TAT for their bulk orders right now I'd say they probably won't miss you, and believe me, as someone who worked in customer service call centers in my younger days the call center reps at CSG will be MORE than glad for you to not call in anymore. You kinda sound like a Karen, a real "lemme talk to your manager" type. 

I'm going to keep grading with CSG bc they have been nothing but awesome with me, regardless of how long they are taking. 

Stop sending in cards you can't emotionally handle being without.   

"literally no way that any card grading company could have ever forseen what was about to happen"

Cmon now, anyone with 2 brain cells could have seen the same issues with bulk services creating bottlenecks that occurred at PSA , BGS, and SGC. Its not Rocket Science. 

2 hours ago, Eric Hummer Jr said:

I wish I had the same luck. My express order was received 7/20 as well and is still saying scheduled for grading....

Make sure you talk with accounting and that your invoice is paid...regardless of whether you have a credit card on file.    It always seems to hang up for some reason.

6 hours ago, Stormysweather said:

Make sure you talk with accounting and that your invoice is paid...regardless of whether you have a credit card on file.    It always seems to hang up for some reason.

Definitely this. I didn't have one on file for my first order and realized that on the submission form, the CC was starred out except the last 4 digits. I was able to email accounting and get it straight.

3 hours ago, Steven M Volden said:

Definitely this. I didn't have one on file for my first order and realized that on the submission form, the CC was starred out except the last 4 digits. I was able to email accounting and get it straight.

I would even call again after contacting accounting. I had to resubmit my credit card info then three weeks later I called again and they hadn’t passed on the information so my card was still on hold.

9 hours ago, Benjamin Brown said:

It would be nice to have an idea of where they are at Bulk-wise. Anyone have bulk submissions that just shipped back? Received date. 

I have a bulk still n Grading/Encapsulation/imaging. It was delivered on 3/31 and entered as received on 5/20. My credit card was charged last Friday. 

Edited by Shockmaster

1 hour ago, Benjamin Brown said:

It would be nice to have an idea of where they are at Bulk-wise. Anyone have bulk submissions that just shipped back? Received date. 

I have two bulk with them at the moment.

Bulk #1 was delivered on April 13th.  It has been "Scheduled for Grading" since July 8th.

Bulk #2 was delivered on April 28th.  It was marked "Scheduled for Grading" on June 25th, and has been in "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" since July 8th.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:02 PM, Steven M Volden said:

Second order for PC was sent standard with subs. Arrived May 10th and was received back July 29th. That's 56 working days and 81 calendar days (3 holidays). When they arrived, standard was 47 days. Not bad considering the explosion in submissions.

My "standard" order, which was delivered 4/29 finally moved to "Scheduled for Grading" 7/21.  Has been there since.  Over 70 business days.  When I sent them the Turn Around Time for standard was 30 business days.  I'm over the 72 business days stated in the current turn around times...which I'm sure will go up Monday to 77.

csg.jpg