• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scheduled for Grading
1 1

112 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Warner85 said:

Anyone else have their submission order numbers recently turn unclickable (can’t think of the right wording)? It’s no longer green and now you cannot see your order info. If they have it ready that is. The only one I can click on is the order that has shipped and is on its way back to me.

Just here to join in and say "Same Here"

On 7/21/2021 at 9:53 AM, Brandon Melnick said:

These people are the definition of "Bad at what we do" It's the new American way. Being horrible at what you do. CSG ARE THE POSTERBOYS.

They have been completely unable to manage incoming submissions. And deliver anything close to what they sold us. 

I sent CSG 16 different submissions in April and May. These submissions were mostly bulk value submissions at $8 per card with a 60 business day "estimated" turnaround time. However 3 were Standard submissions at $25 per card and had an "estimated" turnaround time of 30 days. 

Fast forward 70 business days...

I have yet to have a single submission graded by these incompetent A holes. They refuse to acknowledge that they messed up and furthermore refuse to take responsibility and act accordingly. 

EACH OF MY 16 SUBMISSIONS IS NOW AT LEAST 20 DAYS OVER THEIR OWN ESTIMATED TURNAROUND TIME.

My 3 Standard submissions are all over DOUBLE their estimated turnaround times and 2 of the 3 have not even been entered into their system. This tells me its only going to get closer to a 3x or 4x turnaround time multiplier for those! So I'm looking at a minimum 75 business day turnaround time for submissions I'm forced to pay $25 a card on and that was sold to me as a 30 day turnaround time. 

Today, sick of being taken advantage of and hearing excuses from them about how horrible they are at what they do, I called customer service and ensured I spoke to supervisor. I explained how 2-4x multipliers on 30 day submissions is not acceptable and I felt like they should only charge me the bulk value pricing that they actually are delivering.

I was told that this is what is basically, and just to deal with it and that they would not be offering any credit or cancelations for orders they have already received. It didn't matter that their 30 business day estimate has already turned in to 75 days and I'm looking at over 100 days for the 2 submissions that haven't even been opened yet... 

These people are hopelessly incompetent and refuse to do right by their customers. In short, they won't be in business long. I would advise you to stay away from this company as they are:

A) Horrible at what they do

B) Hopelessly incompetent at running a business 

C) Have absolutely no problem screwing over their customers 

D) Have a very short life trajectory as a company so the slabs will be worthless in a couple of years. 

Why would you send so many cards to them? I sent in 1 bulk order End of March just to see how they do. Still in grading status as of now. I have had 3 orders back from SGC since then. I'm not impressed with this company at all. Also the resale value is not all that good anyway. 

3 hours ago, meakin said:

Why would you send so many cards to them? I sent in 1 bulk order End of March just to see how they do. Still in grading status as of now. I have had 3 orders back from SGC since then. I'm not impressed with this company at all. Also the resale value is not all that good anyway. 

A huge part of the reason we're in this mess is flippers on low value cards.  Lots of them send in hundreds of cards in bulk orders to flip for $10-30 profit each.   Time is money to them, and they're also likely the vocal minority here complaining that their bulk orders are taking so long.

9 hours ago, oluckydayo said:

A huge part of the reason we're in this mess is flippers on low value cards.  Lots of them send in hundreds of cards in bulk orders to flip for $10-30 profit each.   Time is money to them, and they're also likely the vocal minority here complaining that their bulk orders are taking so long.

This. I can’t believe the junk people are submitting for grading. Call me a gatekeeper all you want, but search for CSG on eBay and check out the absolute garbage people are sending them to grade. The same people are then the first to complain when TATs and grading costs blow up. Go find a different hobby to destroy.

Edited by PunsRTonsOfFun
Forum didn’t like my profanity.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:44 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

This. I can’t believe the junk people are submitting for grading. Call me a gatekeeper all you want, but search for CSG on eBay and check out the absolute garbage people are sending them to grade. The same people are then the first to complain when TATs and grading costs blow up. Go find a different hobby to destroy.

Having been here now since almost the start of this in early March....I've noted a few things

• The surge in desiring graded, slabbed carded was grossly underestimated by all of the graders.  They all were swamped and in over their heads in the blink of an eye
  • It seems that to all the past four months has been four years
  • I do see some signs of encouragement, however with CSG
    • Primarily the acquisition of CSG's parent company by Blackstone (multi-billion $ company who is extremely proficient at optimizing a business)
    • Blackstone will put the resources into this and clean house on some of the processes...putting leadership into it who understands how to make money and get customers on board
    • I too get frustrated with the grading of the low-end cards, but I can't take fault with the folks putting the large bulk orders.   They will raise the bulk prices as that is lost revenue with the current system so I think some of that will be snuffed out sooner than later.   
    • The hiring going on and the expansion of storage facilities likely masks the increases they are working to add much more capacity in slabbing
    • TAT's will continue to fluctuate until the capacity can handle the demand.  Once that stabilizes we'll see a slow decrease in prices, but that is not on the near horizon
    • Maintaining rigor in their grading process will protect the value of their slabs
    • Next few months will shake out those who can't wait and don't realize they are not the only ones "enjoying" these delays
    • Finally, the current employees are well aware of the limitations of the system they work in.   Browbeating them (not you Puns, but many others) adds nothing to this.  

3 hours ago, Stormysweather said:

• I too get frustrated with the grading of the low-end cards, but I can't take fault with the folks putting the large bulk orders.   They will raise the bulk prices as that is lost revenue with the current system so I think some of that will be snuffed out sooner than later.

Well, ultimately, you get a choice in what you can grade and so does anybody else. If they send in 100 1989 Donruss cards -- or even 100 new Ja Morants -- and lose their butts with mediocre grades because they submit anything they probably won't do it again.

I grade oddball and weird stuff that I like -- and many might scoff at -- but I paid my $X to do so just like the guy sending in 50 Luis Robert cards. CSG is offering the service -- and they're being a lot more democratic (like ground balls in Bull Durham) without prices that are three-figures to get a card graded. Without that, a lot more people won't be grading and/or buying graded cards right now. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:28 AM, nbuff52 said:

Just here to join in and say "Same Here"

I asked customer service about that and they said they changed it so that you will only see the cards and the grades once it has shipped.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:15 AM, Warner85 said:

One of my orders is a single card standard level, since April 6th. They called me 3 weeks ago saying they lost my credit card info so I had to resubmit the information to them. Called yesterday to double check the status of that card and they had not passed on my credit card information, and they still had it on hold! Now my single card is supposed to be returned within a week, but I’ll call to double check later. Not impressed so far.

Warner85 I have called multiple times with no return call or customer service. I received an invoice for my order it appears they haven't passed on my credit card info for payment as well. I am deeply concerned at this point that they are keeping my cards. 

26 minutes ago, CSG_Collector said:

Warner85 I have called multiple times with no return call or customer service. I received an invoice for my order it appears they haven't passed on my credit card info for payment as well. I am deeply concerned at this point that they are keeping my cards. 

On my first order, I received an invoice via email. I wrote back to the woman who sent the email and provided her my CC and it was processed that day. I didn't look at my original copy I sent very closely, but I realized the CC number was starred out... which makes sense. After that, they were graded and shipped.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:05 PM, oluckydayo said:

Getting 7's and 8's on those .50 cent cards and now have to sell at a loss flooding ebay with garbage cards in CSG slabs and overall cheapening the look of the brand. 

On 7/24/2021 at 7:23 AM, KLWalden said:

Yeah I got 8 cards on 2 orders —waiting since mid-March — CSG is a joke sorry but when bulk sub groups are getting April orders back it show they simply could care less about the “small” guy I’m done with them HGA and SGC are on time and honest at least 

love SGC!