• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent CSG Card Sales

13 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2021 at 6:05 PM, Wade McCurdy said:

Some great news. A recent sale of a 1996 Topps Kobe Bryant sold for $1375. It was a CSG 9

This is more than all of the recent PSA and BGS sales for the same grade. There have been a lot

of sales in the past few days. I mention this, as I have recently sent in cards to be graded and look

forward to their becoming a force to be recognized in the grading field.

As an investor, would be great play to buy the CSG, and see if it is worth cracking out and shooting for a 10? You know a 9 at CSG could be a GEM 10 at PSA.. That is real thing to look at, is there a $300 plus difference in GEM 10 vs CSG 9? If so, worth a shot.. $1375 CSG 9, PSA 10 $$2300, I would crack that in a heartbeat! If you were that type of flipper.. which I think is gonna be next flip market... buying cheaper slabs, and flipping up...

4 minutes ago, KBost33 said:

As an investor, would be great play to buy the CSG, and see if it is worth cracking out and shooting for a 10? You know a 9 at CSG could be a GEM 10 at PSA.. That is real thing to look at, is there a $300 plus difference in GEM 10 vs CSG 9? If so, worth a shot.. $1375 CSG 9, PSA 10 $$2300, I would crack that in a heartbeat! If you were that type of flipper.. which I think is gonna be next flip market... buying cheaper slabs, and flipping up...

It's pretty common for people to do this with SGC 9.5s too. That's technically not their "Gem Mint" grade, but they are routinely cracked and submitted to PSA and come back 10s.

I've been watching ebay and have noticed a general uptick in what CSG cards are going for.  With all the other companies having delays and price hikes, I think the trend will continue.  I would be shocked if CSG does not overtake SGC in market share for modern cards over the next few months.

Edited by Utah Dude

eBay comps are a good start. Generally, I estimate at 80-85% of a BGS 9.5 or 65-70% of a PSA 10 for recent auction ended sales. I think there is some leeway such that unless you are radically underestimating the value of a card they won't up-charge you. 

On 4/15/2021 at 11:56 AM, The_Reverend2831694433746 said:

Hope my CSG experiment goes better than on SGC, whenever they get my 2 subs into their system. 

RECEIVED an SGC10 on a superstar player and auctioned it on eBay. It sold fir 30% of the identical card in PSA 10. No thanks. We shall see how things go whenever I get my cards back. I was stunned!

Look at prices figure what you're happy with & put up as a B.I.N. 

Auctions too risky.