• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are turn around times accurate?

46 posts in this topic

It's pretty clear these are not being met--not even close -- will you update them to be more accurate? 61 day economy is taking 70+ days minimum --please advise

Edited by KLWalden

On 6/25/2021 at 7:34 PM, KLWalden said:

It's pretty clear these are not being met--not even close -- will you update them to be more accurate? 61 day economy is taking 70+ days minimum --please advise

Thank you for your question. The length of time it takes to get sports cards certified depends on the grading tier you select when the cards are submitted. Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages.

I called the other day and was told they were opening packages from March still. I truly feel that this is unacceptable for people expecting and paying for faster turn around times. When my cards were received for standard on May 2nd it was at 45 day turnaround. If you are still opening packages from March it's impossible to say my turn around time is 45 business days. I really hoped that your company would be different than PSA or BGS but it seems that I'm on the path to getting similar results.

7 hours ago, NicholePer said:

Thank you for your question. The length of time it takes to get sports cards certified depends on the grading tier you select when the cards are submitted. Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages.

If turnaround times are reflective of when a package is delivered to the facility, My turnaround time was just over 60 days, when my package was delivered to the facility on 5/17. (a couple of cards were 45 days due to service level difference) So according to that, my cards should be on their way back (give or take) by 7/17 (higher tier should be coming back tomorrow). Only problem, is that my cards are not even opened yet or scheduled for grading; so I do not see that being even close to happening. 

I manage a very sizable business (also been an ops manager for 20+ years) and understand what it is like to be behind and overwhelmed, especially in the warehouse. BUT there is a large amount of inefficiency happening if you are 3 months behind in opening packages, when your grading service just started in Feb (4 months ago). Not bashing, just stating

Speaking out of the other side of my mouth, grading is a luxury and none of us are going to die if we don't get our cards back. So we need to practice patience...

We just would like to have REAL estimates of how long it is going to take, which should not be hard if you have SOP vs volume. Even if the news is bad, be honest. People would rather hear that and you are going to take 6 months to get them back their cards and get them on 5 months and 29 days; than hear 45 day turnarounds and have to follow up on their cards 60 days later. That is business management and operational accountability.

Edited by Bobby Newb

I’ve had a similar issue. Currently I have an Express and a Standard sub, and I know it’s going to take some time. But I also had a separate unlimited walkthrough, one card submission. The site suggested five business days. After the fifteenth business day, I started making phone calls and emails. I have to say if you remain persistent and have the tracking number to your order, their customer service dept. will help. They were able to locate my package and I received the card back today after being shipped out on Thursday. I know it’s frustrating but from my experience, if you continue to email and follow up, CSG will accommodate you. And as far as the turnaround times…I already know I won’t see the other two subs for quite awhile which is why I didn’t ask about them yet. Even with those issues, I still think CSG is way better than PSA. I don’t have $300 to grade one card. And I think that’s what they purposely set out to do. Only deal with customers who can afford it. Shame on elitist PSA lol!!!!!  Good luck. 

they already got at least $150per submitter--wait til that bank is gone then they will start to realize poor service kills business--HGA and SGC have solved the backlog issues and cust service issues--its good see some companies get it--even when SGC/HGA were backlogged they were upfront and communicated all CSG does is give generic scripted non answers

My economy cards arrived CSG 03/26 per USPS tracking.   CSG acknowledged entry into system 04/30.    Shipped out 06/16.     I'm not counting days it took to transit back to my address.... but 03/26 - 06/16 = 57 business days.   So this was consistent (perhaps a little better) with stated economy turnaround times

I'm still confused.  Are we counting days after they check our cards in for the service time?  I sure hope not since my Standard order took well over 2 months before they decided to open the box and put my cards in the system.  That was 50 business days (and I sent mine when it was 32 days for Standard).  Now it's been another 10 business days with no progress.  So, does that mean I have to wait another 37 business days before my order is done (making it 47 days from when it was checked in)?  That would mean almost 100 days for a Standard order.  Doesn't seem right.

2 hours ago, Andy Gardecki said:

I'm still confused.  Are we counting days after they check our cards in for the service time?  I sure hope not since my Standard order took well over 2 months before they decided to open the box and put my cards in the system.  That was 50 business days (and I sent mine when it was 32 days for Standard).  Now it's been another 10 business days with no progress.  So, does that mean I have to wait another 37 business days before my order is done (making it 47 days from when it was checked in)?  That would mean almost 100 days for a Standard order.  Doesn't seem right.

According to CSG their estimates are from the day they are delivered....not entered.    Obviously the front end of their calculations, from delivery to check in has been a mess.   My economy order took 32 business days from check-in to shipped status, 25 days from delivered to check-in.   You and Kurt have both had much larger business day counts for the first phase. 

On 6/30/2021 at 6:46 AM, Stormysweather said:

That's amazing the length of time to acknowledge your order.

You should be popping soon as I have just been sent out my bulk order from 3/26

On 6/30/2021 at 7:21 AM, Stormysweather said:

My economy cards arrived CSG 03/26 per USPS tracking.   CSG acknowledged entry into system 04/30.    Shipped out 06/16.     I'm not counting days it took to transit back to my address.... but 03/26 - 06/16 = 57 business days.   So this was consistent (perhaps a little better) with stated economy turnaround times

I sent 144 cards during the last week of March. Three of the cards were express, several economy and 100+ were bulk. They finally entered them into the system on June 17th. As of July 1st I still do not even have my express cards. I have been now waiting for OVER 90 days for ANY of my cards. When I mailed the cards in, express was 30 day, economy was 32 day and bulk was 60 day turnaround times. Not the best system going. I understand CSG is new to sports card grading, but come on, their parent company has been in the grading business for around 40 years, they should have a much better system in place than what they are telling us!

Anyone have any idea of how long it takes them to grade a card when it’s in grading status? I have a single card standard order that has been in grading/QC stage for 2 weeks now. Does it really take that long to grade one card? I can understand a large order but not a single card…

35 minutes ago, Warner85 said:

Anyone have any idea of how long it takes them to grade a card when it’s in grading status? I have a single card standard order that has been in grading/QC stage for 2 weeks now. Does it really take that long to grade one card? I can understand a large order but not a single card…

If you haven't been billed already and paid it might be on hold. I'd call them either way.