When does the turnaround time start?
2 2

46 posts in this topic

  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

is this the same for CGC? pokemon and magic cards are being told that TATs start once the cards are logged into the system...

You are correct. It is the same regarding trading cards submitted to CGC. I apologize for any mix up regarding information. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't seen any new CSG reveal videos come out youtube recently. Its concerning because there should be at least a few per day. I know if you tube is still around when i get my cards back it's going post a return video. You would assume you could watch CSG return videos for hours but it does not seem that anything is leaving the facility. by the way post your return videos on youtube.

P.S. I've never seen a youtube video reveal a 10. and I think I've seen them all.

Edited by Greg Christiansen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 4/7/2021 at 2:31 PM, nickdrizzle said:

is this the same for CGC? pokemon and magic cards are being told that TATs start once the cards are logged into the system...

For CGC Trading Cards, the turnaround times are based on when the package is delivered to our facility

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, NicholePer said:

For CGC Trading Cards, the turnaround times are based on when the package is delivered to our facility

Nichole -

Appreciate your patience on this question, but it seems like the answer has changes in interpretation daily so I'm hoping to pin this down.   Based on your sentence are you saying the "current" turnaround time for an economy package delivered to your facility should be turned in 75 business days, i.e., this 75 day estimate includes the (currently 3+ weeks) time it takes for that delivered package to be opened and inserted into your tracking system?

Mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forgive me but I'm still confused.  I shipped a bulk order back in June (not expecting a quick turnaround at all btw).  It's listed in the submission tracking but it says received 9/14.  Is that the date the turnaround time starts?  Obviously they didn't take 3 months to arrive at your facility.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 11:46 AM, dmaune said:

Forgive me but I'm still confused.  I shipped a bulk order back in June (not expecting a quick turnaround at all btw).  It's listed in the submission tracking but it says received 9/14.  Is that the date the turnaround time starts?  Obviously they didn't take 3 months to arrive at your facility.  

it starts the day they get them , but the turn around times change so often they will only honor the current time and not what they are when you sub them .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So my turnaround time should start back in June?  if that's the case I'm still on schedule to get them back when I wanted them just a little confusing that it's labeled "received date".  Should be an entered date and a received date for clarification.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

@dmaune That is correct.  If your bulk submission was delivered in June then your estimated turnaround time would be from that date.  Bulk submissions are currently at an estimated 139 working days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 12:06 PM, dmaune said:

So my turnaround time should start back in June?  if that's the case I'm still on schedule to get them back when I wanted them just a little confusing that it's labeled "received date".  Should be an entered date and a received date for clarification.  

yup , if they were delivered in june it started then , again they only follow what the current turn around is NOT what it was when cards we

 

On 9/28/2021 at 12:06 PM, dmaune said:

as you see by CSG response , they only honor the current turn around times , i have a bulk thats been there since april when turn around was less then 90 days and its now entered grading smh , turn around times are a joke no matter when you sent them in .   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 12:06 PM, dmaune said:

So my turnaround time should start back in June?  if that's the case I'm still on schedule to get them back when I wanted them just a little confusing that it's labeled "received date".  Should be an entered date and a received date for clarification.  

Turn around times are wildly inaccurate. 156% over the estimated time on this last order, and that would be if it shipped today. I wouldn't expect, hope, or otherwise think that it'll be anywhere near the current time frame.

Walk through and express seem close to accurate, but other than that it's anyone's guess.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Turn around times are wildly inaccurate. 156% over the estimated time on this last order, and that would be if it shipped today. I wouldn't expect, hope, or otherwise think that it'll be anywhere near the current time frame.

Walk through and express seem close to accurate, but other than that it's anyone's guess.

your correct on the joke of a turn around time they give , but remember its NOT A GUARANTEE , it be better if they were more honest about turn around time but again as you see by the admin response , they only honor current times .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 12:16 PM, RyanCSG said:

@dmaune That is correct.  If your bulk submission was delivered in June then your estimated turnaround time would be from that date.  Bulk submissions are currently at an estimated 139 working days.

So are the turnaround times retroactive in terms of an order sent in 139 days ago is going out the door today? Cause I'm sitting at day 127 from an order April 2nd when it was 80. Can't get a straight answer on when this thing will be completed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

@Yeahiwasder4dat All bulk submissions are currently on an estimated 139 working days turnaround. CSG always works off the current schedule listed here.  PLEASE NOTE: Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed.  Your bulk submission would be running on the current CSG turnaround times which are at an estimated 139 working days. Feel free to reach out to CSG customer service at Service@csgcards.com if you need further assistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, RyanCSG said:

@Yeahiwasder4dat All bulk submissions are currently on an estimated 139 working days turnaround. CSG always works off the current schedule listed here.  PLEASE NOTE: Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed.  Your bulk submission would be running on the current CSG turnaround times which are at an estimated 139 working days. Feel free to reach out to CSG customer service at Service@csgcards.com if you need further assistance.

but what about the people who still have cards sitting there when turn around time was 60-90 days and they have cards sitting from March and April still in the Warehouse , but what you saying is csg doesnt care what the turn around time was when the cards were sent to csg ? cause sure seem that way , no reason a bulk order from march or april should not be back in the hands of the person sending them in . thats a prime example of the bait and switch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2021 at 12:34 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

So are the turnaround times retroactive in terms of an order sent in 139 days ago is going out the door today? Cause I'm sitting at day 127 from an order April 2nd when it was 80. Can't get a straight answer on when this thing will be completed.

im in the same boat and get nothing but the run around 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, RyanCSG said:

@Yeahiwasder4dat All bulk submissions are currently on an estimated 139 working days turnaround. CSG always works off the current schedule listed here.  PLEASE NOTE: Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed.  Your bulk submission would be running on the current CSG turnaround times which are at an estimated 139 working days. Feel free to reach out to CSG customer service at Service@csgcards.com if you need further assistance.

Customer service said it would be done in August. Then they said it would be done in September. Surprise, surprise it's not done.

So what, the 139 day "estimate" is both for what's being sent in and already there?

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2021 at 9:33 AM, ThomasAA said:

@NicholePer thanks for the response!

So to clarify, my understanding is that the estimated turnaround time starts when you receive the package (ie. From FedEx) not when you enter the package into the system.

 

Thanks again!

 

My order was received May 27th.  It finally showed up waiting to be graded on Sept. 3rd.  Today, 10/14/21 it shows it is being graded/encapsulated/imaged.  Based on my NGC orders experience this means my card will be shipped within the week.  So the 109 days for grading is accurate for my order.  They were so back logged that it took them 4 months to open my cards.  The wording CSG uses is confusing.  The clock starts when your package is entered into the system, not the date they show they received your package.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, robotur said:

same here, I have been in grading/ capsulation/imaging for over 3  months.

 

Yikes, that doesn't bode well.  Mine just hit the two month mark in "scheduled for grading".  Received first week of May.  If going by current timeline, I should get my order back in another month.  That doesn't feel likely.  This was my initial test order with them to get a feel for the grading.  Can't really make use of a the discount in the yearly subscription if it takes nearly the year to just get the test run back!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2