• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does the turnaround time start?

66 posts in this topic

LOL

1 hour ago, Greg Christiansen said:

I'm also thinking pile...and the bottom of the pile is much larger than the tip top. How are they supposed to know if you ordered the quick turnaround vs the bulk if you don't open the dang box? Well at least they gave us a chat to vent.

It's unfortunate the very front end of their process appears to be in the worst shape....these companies should be (and could be if their processes were scalable) killing it.   Hire some temps, clear your receiving backlog (at least to the point of telling the customers "we got it").   We'll take the bad news if we feel you're transparent about it.   Allowing a perception to initiate and fester like this doesn't bode well for loyalty.

Edited by Stormysweather

I had cards delivered 3 weeks ago and they still haven't been logged yet. I don't understand why these companies cant at least make a note on our account they are in possession of our order. Also if the clock doesn't start until its logged there is really no way to know what the turn around times will be since that gives them a buffer on never being late.,

2 hours ago, Benny Harris said:

I had cards delivered 3 weeks ago and they still haven't been logged yet. I don't understand why these companies cant at least make a note on our account they are in possession of our order. Also if the clock doesn't start until its logged there is really no way to know what the turn around times will be since that gives them a buffer on never being late.,

There is a correction. The posted turnaround time for sports cards each tier reflect the estimated number of days to complete a submission, starting from the time the package arrives at our facility. Turnaround times reflect the average length of time that we think it will take to complete a submission received today under a given grading tier or service. Turnaround times for individual submissions can vary based on a variety of factors including whether the submission form was completed properly, the submission was packaged correctly, the collectibles require additional research and other reasons. We are experiencing high volumes of submissions and we are working diligently to grade each card in submissions accurately and with the quality our customers would expect.   

5 minutes ago, NicholePer said:

There is a correction. The posted turnaround time for sports cards each tier reflect the estimated number of days to complete a submission, starting from the time the package arrives at our facility. Turnaround times reflect the average length of time that we think it will take to complete a submission received today under a given grading tier or service. Turnaround times for individual submissions can vary based on a variety of factors including whether the submission form was completed properly, the submission was packaged correctly, the collectibles require additional research and other reasons. We are experiencing high volumes of submissions and we are working diligently to grade each card in submissions accurately and with the quality our customers would expect.   

is this the same for CGC? pokemon and magic cards are being told that TATs start once the cards are logged into the system...

9 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

is this the same for CGC? pokemon and magic cards are being told that TATs start once the cards are logged into the system...

You are correct. It is the same regarding trading cards submitted to CGC. I apologize for any mix up regarding information. 

I haven't seen any new CSG reveal videos come out youtube recently. Its concerning because there should be at least a few per day. I know if you tube is still around when i get my cards back it's going post a return video. You would assume you could watch CSG return videos for hours but it does not seem that anything is leaving the facility. by the way post your return videos on youtube.

P.S. I've never seen a youtube video reveal a 10. and I think I've seen them all.

Edited by Greg Christiansen

On 4/7/2021 at 2:31 PM, nickdrizzle said:

For CGC Trading Cards, the turnaround times are based on when the package is delivered to our facility

42 minutes ago, NicholePer said:

For CGC Trading Cards, the turnaround times are based on when the package is delivered to our facility

Nichole -

Appreciate your patience on this question, but it seems like the answer has changes in interpretation daily so I'm hoping to pin this down.   Based on your sentence are you saying the "current" turnaround time for an economy package delivered to your facility should be turned in 75 business days, i.e., this 75 day estimate includes the (currently 3+ weeks) time it takes for that delivered package to be opened and inserted into your tracking system?

Mark

Forgive me but I'm still confused.  I shipped a bulk order back in June (not expecting a quick turnaround at all btw).  It's listed in the submission tracking but it says received 9/14.  Is that the date the turnaround time starts?  Obviously they didn't take 3 months to arrive at your facility.  

On 9/28/2021 at 11:46 AM, dmaune said:

Forgive me but I'm still confused.  I shipped a bulk order back in June (not expecting a quick turnaround at all btw).  It's listed in the submission tracking but it says received 9/14.  Is that the date the turnaround time starts?  Obviously they didn't take 3 months to arrive at your facility.  

it starts the day they get them , but the turn around times change so often they will only honor the current time and not what they are when you sub them .

So my turnaround time should start back in June?  if that's the case I'm still on schedule to get them back when I wanted them just a little confusing that it's labeled "received date".  Should be an entered date and a received date for clarification.  

On 9/28/2021 at 12:06 PM, dmaune said:

So my turnaround time should start back in June?  if that's the case I'm still on schedule to get them back when I wanted them just a little confusing that it's labeled "received date".  Should be an entered date and a received date for clarification.  

yup , if they were delivered in june it started then , again they only follow what the current turn around is NOT what it was when cards we

as you see by CSG response , they only honor the current turn around times , i have a bulk thats been there since april when turn around was less then 90 days and its now entered grading smh , turn around times are a joke no matter when you sent them in .   

Turn around times are wildly inaccurate. 156% over the estimated time on this last order, and that would be if it shipped today. I wouldn't expect, hope, or otherwise think that it'll be anywhere near the current time frame.

Walk through and express seem close to accurate, but other than that it's anyone's guess.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

On 9/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Turn around times are wildly inaccurate. 156% over the estimated time on this last order, and that would be if it shipped today. I wouldn't expect, hope, or otherwise think that it'll be anywhere near the current time frame.

Walk through and express seem close to accurate, but other than that it's anyone's guess.

your correct on the joke of a turn around time they give , but remember its NOT A GUARANTEE , it be better if they were more honest about turn around time but again as you see by the admin response , they only honor current times .

On 9/28/2021 at 12:16 PM, CGCRyan said:

@dmaune That is correct.  If your bulk submission was delivered in June then your estimated turnaround time would be from that date.  Bulk submissions are currently at an estimated 139 working days.

So are the turnaround times retroactive in terms of an order sent in 139 days ago is going out the door today? Cause I'm sitting at day 127 from an order April 2nd when it was 80. Can't get a straight answer on when this thing will be completed.

• Administrator

@Yeahiwasder4dat All bulk submissions are currently on an estimated 139 working days turnaround. CSG always works off the current schedule listed here.  PLEASE NOTE: Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed.  Your bulk submission would be running on the current CSG turnaround times which are at an estimated 139 working days. Feel free to reach out to CSG customer service at Service@csgcards.com if you need further assistance.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, CGCRyan said:

@Yeahiwasder4dat All bulk submissions are currently on an estimated 139 working days turnaround. CSG always works off the current schedule listed here.  PLEASE NOTE: Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed.  Your bulk submission would be running on the current CSG turnaround times which are at an estimated 139 working days. Feel free to reach out to CSG customer service at Service@csgcards.com if you need further assistance.

but what about the people who still have cards sitting there when turn around time was 60-90 days and they have cards sitting from March and April still in the Warehouse , but what you saying is csg doesnt care what the turn around time was when the cards were sent to csg ? cause sure seem that way , no reason a bulk order from march or april should not be back in the hands of the person sending them in . thats a prime example of the bait and switch. 

On 9/30/2021 at 12:34 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

So are the turnaround times retroactive in terms of an order sent in 139 days ago is going out the door today? Cause I'm sitting at day 127 from an order April 2nd when it was 80. Can't get a straight answer on when this thing will be completed.

im in the same boat and get nothing but the run around