• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does the turnaround time start?

66 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, CGCRyan said:

@Yeahiwasder4dat All bulk submissions are currently on an estimated 139 working days turnaround. CSG always works off the current schedule listed here.  PLEASE NOTE: Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed.  Your bulk submission would be running on the current CSG turnaround times which are at an estimated 139 working days. Feel free to reach out to CSG customer service at Service@csgcards.com if you need further assistance.

Customer service said it would be done in August. Then they said it would be done in September. Surprise, surprise it's not done.

So what, the 139 day "estimate" is both for what's being sent in and already there?

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

On 3/31/2021 at 9:33 AM, ThomasAA said:

@NicholePer thanks for the response!

So to clarify, my understanding is that the estimated turnaround time starts when you receive the package (ie. From FedEx) not when you enter the package into the system.

Thanks again!

My order was received May 27th.  It finally showed up waiting to be graded on Sept. 3rd.  Today, 10/14/21 it shows it is being graded/encapsulated/imaged.  Based on my NGC orders experience this means my card will be shipped within the week.  So the 109 days for grading is accurate for my order.  They were so back logged that it took them 4 months to open my cards.  The wording CSG uses is confusing.  The clock starts when your package is entered into the system, not the date they show they received your package.

On 10/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, robotur said:

same here, I have been in grading/ capsulation/imaging for over 3  months.

Yikes, that doesn't bode well.  Mine just hit the two month mark in "scheduled for grading".  Received first week of May.  If going by current timeline, I should get my order back in another month.  That doesn't feel likely.  This was my initial test order with them to get a feel for the grading.  Can't really make use of a the discount in the yearly subscription if it takes nearly the year to just get the test run back!!

I have three bulk orders received below and all with different status. Its interesting the newest order is almost done while the order from 6/11 is in GEI.

6/11 - GEI

6/21 - grading/ quality control

6/23 - quality control/ finalized.

Took 3 months to have my 50 card bulk entered into the system on 8-23-21 and as of today the T.A.T says 171 days for bulk , throw in the holidays and I`m looking at Jan=Feb maybe March 2022 sometime before I get them back . Yeah , I`m crying.......lol

On 10/25/2021 at 10:50 AM, robotur said:

Thats a big jump in TAT to 171 days, it previously was about 129 days.  They must have gotten a large in flow of packages.

I am hoping my bulks come back in Christmas.

176 now

On 10/14/2021 at 3:38 PM, 3lewsers said:

if this is a bulk order, it isn't going to happen. mine has been in grading/capsulation/imaging for weeks.

try months for me and i sent it to them in april when turn arounds were like 45 to 60 days and still waititng smh 

On 10/25/2021 at 10:50 AM, robotur said:

Thats a big jump in TAT to 171 days, it previously was about 129 days.  They must have gotten a large in flow of packages.

I am hoping my bulks come back in Christmas.

im hoping my april bulk sub will be here by then but im not holdinh my breath

On 10/26/2021 at 10:18 AM, robotur said:

I got 2 of my bulk orders from April so yours should be coming any day now. 

my bulk from april are in G/E/I since sept 21st and still sitting there , i hope to have them by christmas but not holding my breath . 

Edited by Rob420

So do I understand this correctly.  I just mailed off an economy submission.  Current lead time is 87 days.  I assumed 87 days from when they receive it at their facility but as I'm reading this stuff, it looks like maybe 87 days from 3 months from now when they start the process?  

On 10/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, RM4570 said:

So do I understand this correctly.  I just mailed off an economy submission.  Current lead time is 87 days.  I assumed 87 days from when they receive it at their facility but as I'm reading this stuff, it looks like maybe 87 days from 3 months from now when they start the process?  

They are currently up to date with getting orders into the system. Them getting it into their facility and getting into the system to start the TAT is pretty much the same date plus or minus a few days. The problem is the TAT are not really accurate so basically, you should get them back 87 business days from when it arrives to the facility and is entered into the system. What will actually happen is anyone's guess. Realistically, you should expect about 6 months from when you submit to get an economy order back. Maybe it does a little better, maybe a little worse, but that is a fair assessment. 

On 10/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, RM4570 said:

I just got my economy submission back last week.  It was received July 31 and turned out to be just short of three months.  At the time I submitted it, the turn around time from around 85 days so it stayed true to estimated turn around.  I had the same experience with a standard submission.

Hope this helps.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:04 PM, jwhauser said:

I just got my economy submission back last week.  It was received July 31 and turned out to be just short of three months.  At the time I submitted it, the turn around time from around 85 days so it stayed true to estimated turn around.  I had the same experience with a standard submission.

Hope this helps.

Thank You!  That gives me a better feeling and some hope.  

I love the CSG slabs and the service.  I do not love the fact the it seems to be okay to take a persons property and say you will not get it back for a year unless you pay me more.  I own an auto repair shop and could you imagine what any person would say if I told them they could not get their car back for a year unless they pay me more.  Even if I said 3 months, what would you say??  Honestly it is becoming the normal with card grading companies.   Hire and train more people if needed.  The cost to look at and opinionate a piece of card board and slab it, are pennies compared to the price that is charged.  If I could charge $20 for every nut and bolt I removed and install I would retire very quickly.  I feel its very unprofessional and unacceptable but I deal with it.  Something needs to be done to get the turn around times under control.   At best at least be clear and honest with your customers.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:06 AM, RM4570 said:

I would plan on at least 5 months.  They wont "receive"  your package right away.  Then each step in the process takes an over extended time.  They NEVER try to "beat" the time line.  They only try and not past the time line by shipping it on the VERY LAST DAY of THEIR estimates times.  I sent 1 card Express.  They sent it back on they on exactly the last day of their turn around day.  Plus it takes another 1-2 weeks to get your package because of their low budget shipping.  I have sent two 1 card express orders and the process happened the same on both cards.   Plan on 5 months and you maybe you won't be disappointed.